View Full Version : Skin irritation

inspired101.200
03-08-07, 01:41 PM
Does anyone have any tips for dealing with skin itching and irritation both around the patch and under it? I've been using the patch for a month now, and in the last week I've had problems with itching around and under the patch while wearing it, and then itching even after it's been off for several hours. Does anyone have any tips? I'm headed to the pharmacy today to pick up my refill for the patch and I'm going to ask them for tips as well. I will probably end up calling my doc's nurse as well today or tomorrow. Has anyone else had this problem?

TheBryantBunch
03-08-07, 01:51 PM
Does anyone have any tips for dealing with skin itching and irritation both around the patch and under it? I've been using the patch for a month now, and in the last week I've had problems with itching around and under the patch while wearing it, and then itching even after it's been off for several hours. Does anyone have any tips? I'm headed to the pharmacy today to pick up my refill for the patch and I'm going to ask them for tips as well. I will probably end up calling my doc's nurse as well today or tomorrow. Has anyone else had this problem?
Quick tip from my AWESOME doc ... go to Ebay and type Bag Balm. You'll find a 10 oz. ointment in a Green Tin (made in Vermont). This was originally used to treat Cow Teats when milking. Works great :) Protects the skin wonderfully. Not much is needed prior to application. Good luck :)

Fuu!
03-26-07, 10:30 PM
I move mine around. I put it on my back, the side of my ribs, lower abs. You can find all sorts of spots for it. It seems like the skin gets sensitive if you repeatedly put it in the same spot without giving it a chance to recover.

smooch
03-28-07, 02:29 PM
I've begun to move mine around too, leaving several days between applications to the same area. I've found that making sure the adhesive gunk is completely gone (baby oil seems to work best for me) and using a combo of Benadryl spray (not at the same time, alternate between morning and night) and that Bag Balm stuff seems to be the key for me. That big ol' red square still sticks (ha ha--stick..patch..ha) around for more than the one day, though, unlike what the package insert and website would lead one to believe.

My doc also recommended this diaper rash stuff called Calmoseptine (pink gunk you have to ask the pharmacist to grab for you), but for me it made matters worse.

JR1973
05-03-07, 01:57 PM
I read somewhere else another trick to beat the skin irritation is to have your doc prescribe a steroid nasal spray (flonase, rhinocort, nasanex,etc...). Spray the area on your skin, allow it to dry, then apply the patch. Supposed to work wonders. Bad part is it's yet another script to have to pay for.

J