View Full Version : Roll Call -Massachusetts Attention Deficit Disorder

Tara
12-19-03, 09:03 PM
This is a roll call for members living in Massachusetts . Please give a brief intro.

Name

Tara
12-20-03, 07:16 PM
Tara
South Shore, MA

I'm an adult with AD/HD, an ADD Coach, an active member of the online AD/HD Community, and a volunteer for ADDA http://www.add.org

Terezi
12-26-03, 05:45 PM
Hi, Im Marilyn, in central MA (near Worcester).
I'm an adult with depression and ADD, and my 13 year old daughter has severe ADHD, OCD, and mild Tourettes. She's on an IEP at school for behavioral issues. She does have a wonderful doctor in Worcester, Keith Levy MD, who is a pediatric psychiatrist.

kevin617
12-28-03, 03:42 PM
Kevin
Boston area

First, Hallelujah! I'm not alone. I've been looking for something like this forum for 6 months. I've been recently diagnosed and it sure helps to know I'm not nuts. Now that I know what I have and why I am the way I am, I feel half the battle is won. I still need a lot of help winning the second half and maybe you all can help.
I just joined so I need to look around before I start bombarding the site with questions but thanks for being here and I'm sure it's going to be a very happy new year to look forward to.

fasttalkingmom
12-30-03, 11:48 AM
Paula....

North Shore area......

I'm ADD, Dx about 5 or 6 years ago....

juju
01-02-04, 01:09 PM
31-year-old Cambridge woman reporting for roll call.

GuelahPapyrus
01-05-04, 04:03 AM
Jeeheon, 15 minutes North of Boston

soberw/adhd
01-16-04, 09:38 PM
hi,
I'm Maura in Boston 28 year old diagnosed at 20. Need referalls for boston!-

pembroke
01-26-04, 07:18 PM
North Central Mass, near Worcester

Dx 3 yrs ago with "mild" ADD. My daughter's diagnoses prompted mine.

Chicky75
05-11-04, 04:31 PM
Hi, I'm a 28 year old woman in the Boston/North shore area currently being diagnosed for ADD.

I've had two appointments with therapists in the past month, two different therapists. I think the first one didn't really believe in ADD in adults and was just humoring me, but the second one was great. She doesn't have any actual experience with adults with ADD but seemed really excited to learn more about it. At last it seems like someone is taking this seriously!

melon
06-26-04, 02:58 AM
Hi-34 years old living in medford with ADHD and Multiple Sclerosis--looking for referral

Essy
09-06-04, 05:21 PM
Hi, I'm in the Boston area and have just recently started reading up on this issue and seeing how it describes me perfectly. Not sure what to do with this information though...I just joined this group today and am looking to get more information.

emwell
12-01-04, 04:59 PM
Another from Massachusetts checking in. I was diagnosed with ADD about 6 months ago. Still looking for the medication that will help me the best. Up until recently I lived on the North Shore, but due to circumstances, I now live in a very secluded spot in the Pioneer Valley(near the CT river). I am married with two beagles and a cat. I recently started a new job after not working for 2.5 years. I held my previous job for 14 years until I was kicked out the door like a wet dog (my husbands way of saying laid off). My best quality is my sense of humor. My worst quality is being a pack rat.

Well that should cover the important stuff for now.

phresco
12-02-04, 06:46 PM
George from South Shore

AMeuse
01-04-05, 05:09 PM
Hi all, my name is Arthur .... I'm down on the s. shore as well in Bridgewater.
Diag'd in may 02' and have been finding ways to use it to my advantage rather than disadvantage.

Lazy Daisy
01-26-05, 02:41 PM
Lazy Daisy reporting from the western part of the state. Through reading up on the topic, I suspect I've had Inattentive ADD all my life. I'm not looking to medicate, just understand and cope with what I have.

Here's an article that appeared in the paper earlier this fall.
ADHD: The explanation may be something you'd never suspect
http://www.dailyhampshiregazette.com/cspstory.cfm?id_no=9170054

razz05
01-31-05, 09:44 PM
I'm Lindsay, I got diagnosed about a year ago, and my daughter got diagnosed about 6-8 months ago with ADD. We're looking for support on how to manage our lives.

HyperFocus
02-19-05, 04:00 AM
Nick here, from the north shore area... Just recently diagnosed with ADD just over 2 weeks ago. I am 32, Married and bounce between Mass and San Antonio, TX.

HollyADDMommy
05-01-05, 09:49 AM
Holly here. Single mom with ADD, was diagnosed in October 2003. Live in Quincy, MA, and still trying to find ways to work with my many ADD ways in a positive way instead of constantly just putting out fires, lol!

fasttalkingmom
05-11-05, 10:18 AM
Holly here. Single mom with ADD, was diagnosed in October 2003. Live in Quincy, MA, and still trying to find ways to work with my many ADD ways in a positive way instead of constantly just putting out fires, lol!
Welcome....... I'm from the North Shore

fasttalkingmom
05-11-05, 10:20 AM
Nick here, from the north shore area... Just recently diagnosed with ADD just over 2 weeks ago. I am 32, Married and bounce between Mass and San Antonio, TX.

I'm sorry I just saw this post...... I'm also from teh North Shore......

Sorry for the late welcome :o

slovell
05-25-05, 11:45 AM
Sarah Anne
North Shore, MA

24 and diagnosed this past fall, after an extremely successful college and graduate education. Never thought to even seek help until I started having issues with accuracy and attention to detail in my new job. It's really affecting the way I work and the quality of work, which is upsetting to me because I am unable to really explain this to my co-workers and boss, that these errors are NOT ME. I know I'm capable of more, but am struggling.

fasttalkingmom
05-25-05, 11:54 AM
Sarah Anne
North Shore, MA

24 and diagnosed this past fall, after an extremely successful college and graduate education. Never thought to even seek help until I started having issues with accuracy and attention to detail in my new job. It's really affecting the way I work and the quality of work, which is upsetting to me because I am unable to really explain this to my co-workers and boss, that these errors are NOT ME. I know I'm capable of more, but am struggling.

Welcome !!! :D

Fimbul_Fambi
06-14-05, 01:52 AM
Chris
Milford
Diagnosed with ADHD when I was in grade school. I'm 42 now and I realized about seven years ago that although I wasn't hyper, I was still ADD and that most of my "problems" were ADD symptoms.

fasttalkingmom
06-20-05, 06:22 PM
Chris
Milford
Diagnosed with ADHD when I was in grade school. I'm 42 now and I realized about seven years ago that although I wasn't hyper, I was still ADD and that most of my "problems" were ADD symptoms.

Hi Chris and welcome........ :)

UnleashTheHound
06-21-05, 11:31 AM
I'm fairly new here. I've had ADD inattentive symptoms my whole life. I've started suspecting it for a few years, and I've procrastinated getting a proper diagnosis until a couple of months ago. I'm 34.

Haverhill

fasttalkingmom
06-21-05, 05:11 PM
I'm fairly new here. I've had ADD inattentive symptoms my whole life. I've started suspecting it for a few years, and I've procrastinated getting a proper diagnosis until a couple of months ago. I'm 34.

Haverhill

Welcome, you live close to me.......cool :)

emwell
06-21-05, 08:59 PM
Deb checking in. Am jealous that others got the diagnosis at such a young age. I am starting to remember and be reminded that I definitely showed symptoms of ADD when very young. I am developing resentments against my schools for not figuring it out. Nothing I can do about it now though.

I used to be from Central MA, moved to North Shore forever, and now reside in Western MA.

Welcome to you all.

jacaboon
07-21-05, 09:15 AM
Hello I am from Mass. I am a mother of 3 who just started adderall and have lots of questions.:confused: Glad to find a place to go.....Jacaboon

fasttalkingmom
07-21-05, 02:44 PM
Hello I am from Mass. I am a mother of 3 who just started adderall and have lots of questions.:confused: Glad to find a place to go.....Jacaboon

Welcome......

What part of Ma. are you from? I'm from the North shore

redwarrior
09-11-05, 03:22 PM
Rick here, from Western Mass. I was diagnosed this spring at age 38. Now I'm just trying to build a life . . . from the bottom up!

emwell
09-13-05, 03:04 PM
Welcome Rick. I am almost your neighbor. Northfield, MA here.

fasttalkingmom
09-13-05, 04:02 PM
Welcome Rick !!!

Shrinking Alice
09-19-05, 09:35 PM
Hello...Massachusetts here as well.....
I live in Western MA & love it--did live on the North Shore for a while...have always ping ponged back & forth--born in Boston--grew up in western MA--moved to Boston in my 20's--lived on the North Shore---now here in W. MA again.

MaverickWeirdo
09-21-05, 12:10 AM
I live in Worcester, Ma.

Diagnosed 2 years ago (age 34)

currently on Adderall XR

looking for a councilor

fasttalkingmom
09-21-05, 07:28 AM
I live in Worcester, Ma.

Diagnosed 2 years ago (age 34)

currently on Adderall XR

looking for a councilor

Welcome :)

I'm from the North Shore

ifso215
09-21-05, 11:25 PM
Jimmy
Boston burb

DX 3 yr ago when started failing half my college courses after a stellar high school career... Now on my sixth year at college and due for my B.A. from BC in December...

Very much of the "overfocus" flavor if you subscribe to Kamen... obsessive packrat, insomniac, overthinker, problem hyperfocuser (3-4 h sessions several times weekly)... devour projects/books that interest me, like a vampire to garlic with things that don't...

Medicate with adderal, lots of dunkin ice coffee, and too many cigarettes.

Lots of us out here in Mass, huh?

fasttalkingmom
09-22-05, 06:13 AM
It must be something in the water...... :D or the snow? ;)

Welcome

Twinnish
10-13-05, 11:07 AM
I'm Claire. I live in Burlington. I pretty much knew for a long time that I had it. I figured it out when my oldest son was diagnosed in 1997. My husband is also ADHD. Currently taking Wellbutrin, which works well, when I remember to take it.

fasttalkingmom
10-13-05, 12:56 PM
I'm Claire. I live in Burlington. I pretty much knew for a long time that I had it. I figured it out when my oldest son was diagnosed in 1997. My husband is also ADHD. Currently taking Wellbutrin, which works well, when I remember to take it.
Hi Claire, your not all that far from me, I'm more near Salem, Ma.

Welcome ! :)

UnleashTheHound
10-13-05, 01:19 PM
Welcome!

I used to work in Burlington. I wish I still did. Much easier commute than it is to my current job in Newton.

ifso215
10-20-05, 12:58 AM
Burlington? I walked home from the mall the other night, that's how close I am. Very upset upon hearing news today that they're giving pizzeria regina the heave-ho after 25 years. Shame...

emwell
10-25-05, 04:00 PM
Getting rid of Regina. Now that must be a sin.

DEB (former customer at Burlington Mall)

Aquilonius
11-05-05, 07:13 PM
Name: Tim
Relationship to AD/HD: Diagnosed 2 months ago.

fasttalkingmom
11-06-05, 06:47 AM
Name: Tim
Relationship to AD/HD: Diagnosed 2 months ago.

I grew up in Middleton, I've moved but I'm not far away..........

Welcome to the forum !

desertotter
12-15-05, 03:26 PM
howdy!

Billy here, from Belmont! im 12 years old with 16 years experience ;)

got diagnosed with AD-very "H" -D when I was 7, and everyone's reaction was "duh". but not only do I not consider it a disability, I have learned to LOVE my "condition", I have energy long after most people are asleep, I can do 27 things at once, and so on and so on...

I am very glad to have found this place....having a large group of people who "understand" me is something ive always wanted :)

who's up for having a group get together in boston? we can wander around and scare the "normals" *snicker*

shrdlu
12-21-05, 04:48 PM
Hi all -
Not sure if I'm allowed to post here yet, as I haven't been diagnosed. Just started making some calls today to find someone to go talk to about it.

About me: Alan, 28, in Somerville.

fasttalkingmom
12-21-05, 05:28 PM
Hi all -
Not sure if I'm allowed to post here yet, as I haven't been diagnosed. Just started making some calls today to find someone to go talk to about it.

About me: Alan, 28, in Somerville.

Welcome and yes you can post here ;)

The more you know the better off you'll be when you do see someone.

Aizlyne
03-18-06, 05:24 PM
Hi!
My name is Ashley. I"m a college student in Mass. I"m 20.

I was diagnosed with ADD in my freshman year and was prescribed Concerta. It seems to work well...when I remember to take it and get the presciption filled. I go to an art school

fasttalkingmom
03-18-06, 05:32 PM
Hi!
My name is Ashley. I"m a college student in Mass. I"m 20.

I was diagnosed with ADD in my freshman year and was prescribed Concerta. It seems to work well...when I remember to take it and get the presciption filled. I go to an art school

Welcome Ashey :)

Art school, cool !

Aizlyne
03-18-06, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the welcome. It's good to find support.

sloppitty-sue
03-26-06, 12:12 PM
Hey all!! Been here a while but just checked out this MA Forum now.

Name: "Sloppitty-Sue" - but just call me "Sue."
Relationship: I got my diagnosis maybe 3 or 4 years ago. I started hearing more and more about ADHD after attending a few lectures about it and then having some friends who either had it or whose kids had it. When I heard the symptoms of "difficulty getting started on things", "disorganization, piles, etc.", "difficulty staying on task" from a friend of mine who said SHE had ADHD, I said to myself, "Then *I* must have it too because my symptoms are 10 X worse than hers. And wouldn't it be great if I had a REASON for being such a lazy slob!?!"

Anyway, I just turned 40, and I'm a single mom with practically NO outside support. I have recently CRASHED, and I believe that had I been aware of my boundaries and limits (ADHD) I would have been able to avoid this situation I am in. And although KNOWING is a comfort, I need so much support right now - especially EMOTIONAL support - and I have not been able to find it with any of the counselors I currently see.

Great to meet my neighbors in MA!!! Take care.

"Sue"

ADHDSupport
04-03-06, 08:08 PM
I have been reading/posting to the other areas of this site for a bit and only right now did i realize there was a Mass. section. i guess I hould have scrolled down before!

I am 26 living in Boston
My 7 yr old has "severe" ADHD
I have suspected for a while that I do also, and met with my primary care physician last week and she "confirmed" my suspicions. Currently trying to cope/manage, whatever, survive!!
I also suspect my darling husband too, but we shall see about that.

ok great to see a local area connection.
-Antonia

fasttalkingmom
04-03-06, 09:06 PM
Welcome Antonia ! :)

I'm from the North Shore

tehdoombunny
06-13-06, 10:36 PM
Julia
Cambridge/Boston
Ive had ADD since I was 9, Im 19 now.

My house resides in cambridge, but I spend most of my time bumming around boston. haha.

fasttalkingmom
06-13-06, 10:46 PM
Julia
Cambridge/Boston
Ive had ADD since I was 9, Im 19 now.

My hous resides in cambridge, but I spend most of my time bumming around boston. haha.
Welcome !!!

I'm on the North Shore, I don't get to Boston much.

dshbgiy34gowg
07-22-06, 10:45 PM
My name is Rob, I'm very happy to have found this forum which has helped answer several questions on my mind. It sound cliche, but it's good to know I'm not alone.

I'm 28 and am relatively new to Boston (originally from the Bay Area, CA).

I'm looking for doctors/groups local to Boston (within "T" access) that can help in treatment for ADD symptoms. Any suggestions?

-Rob

AndreaPurple
10-08-06, 04:52 PM
Hello all, my name is Andrea, I live north of Lowell, near the NH border. I was just recently diagnosed with adult ADD, which has been a relief to know there is an explaination for the way I am. I am 37, happily married, stay at home mommy of 3 boys, Josh is 6, Drew is 3 and Matt is 1 1/2.

fasttalkingmom
10-08-06, 10:04 PM
Hello all, my name is Andrea, I live north of Lowell, near the NH border. I was just recently diagnosed with adult ADD, which has been a relief to know there is an explaination for the way I am. I am 37, happily married, stay at home mommy of 3 boys, Josh is 6, Drew is 3 and Matt is 1 1/2.

I replied to your intro. :)

I'm closer to Salem Ma. Glad you found us

CMass
11-04-06, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Chelsea from Western Mass. I know this is just a roll call, but I'm brand new to this and I would like to put "my story" out there. I'm going to try to find a spot for that... any directions would be helpful... but if I don't maybe I'll just post it here after all.

fasttalkingmom
11-04-06, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm Chelsea from Western Mass. I know this is just a roll call, but I'm brand new to this and I would like to put "my story" out there. I'm going to try to find a spot for that... any directions would be helpful... but if I don't maybe I'll just post it here after all.

Hi Chelsea ! I'm Paula and I'm from the North Shore. Let me know if you haven't figured out where to put your story

jk252b
12-11-06, 08:13 PM
Hey all --

My name is Jesse and I live in Cambridge (but work and spend most of my time in Somerville). I am 26, was diagnosed at 14 and have been prescribed Ritalin ever since.

My favorite line in Driven to Distraction (yes, I have a favorite) is in chapter one when Dr. Hallowell describes his first case study, Jim, who was lost on the way to the office. Jim says:

<blockquote>
"I just turned left where I should have turned right and then I was gonzo, school was out. It's a miracle I got here at all. I ended up at some gas station in Somerville."
</blockquote>

I am in the midst of applying to graduate school and could end up out of state, but for now consider me a new Massachusettsan(?) in the mix.

fasttalkingmom
12-11-06, 08:43 PM
Welcome I'm from the North Shore part of Ma.

Hey all --

My name is Jesse and I live in Cambridge (but work and spend most of my time in Somerville). I am 26, was diagnosed at 14 and have been prescribed Ritalin ever since.

My favorite line in Driven to Distraction (yes, I have a favorite) is in chapter one when Dr. Hallowell describes his first case study, Jim, who was lost on the way to the office. Jim says:

<blockquote>
"I just turned left where I should have turned right and then I was gonzo, school was out. It's a miracle I got here at all. I ended up at some gas station in Somerville."
</blockquote>

I am in the midst of applying to graduate school and could end up out of state, but for now consider me a new Massachusettsan(?) in the mix.

Lavitaebella
12-21-06, 04:49 PM
My name is Fabrizio, I live in Milford. I'm 43, was diagnosed with ADD early this year. I've been on antidepressants for 11 years. As I look back at my life I've had ADD symptoms most of it. It took my wife to convince me I had it, at first I was in shock. I've come to terms with it, trying to improve myself, it's not easy. Listen, listen, listen before talking, hold back your thoughts until the other person is done, show interest in what they're saying.

fasttalkingmom
12-28-06, 07:44 PM
My name is Fabrizio, I live in Milford. I'm 43, was diagnosed with ADD early this year. I've been on antidepressants for 11 years. As I look back at my life I've had ADD symptoms most of it. It took my wife to convince me I had it, at first I was in shock. I've come to terms with it, trying to improve myself, it's not easy. Listen, listen, listen before talking, hold back your thoughts until the other person is done, show interest in what they're saying.

Welcome !!! I'm from the North Shore. I to try harder to listen before talking, old back my thoughts until others are done speaking and show interest. NOT EASY :)

emwell
01-01-07, 06:29 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive and well
I am available to chat with anyone in my area.
We did have a group that met once a week, but the fees got too high. Maybe I can drag some of their butts over here.

I have been on anti deppressants as well as add meds. My Doc swears she has the right combo to battle both. Of course I keep trying to decrease one or the other.

Good to see familiar faces as well as new ones.

DEB

fasttalkingmom
01-01-07, 09:35 AM
I just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive and well
I am available to chat with anyone in my area.
We did have a group that met once a week, but the fees got too high. Maybe I can drag some of their butts over here.

I have been on anti deppressants as well as add meds. My Doc swears she has the right combo to battle both. Of course I keep trying to decrease one or the other.

Good to see familiar faces as well as new ones.

DEB
Great to "see" you again !! :)

Jackson
04-16-07, 12:10 AM
I just found this forum. I am 53 y.o. husband of 43 y.o woman diagnosed with ADD four months ago. Possibly youngest son 11 y.o. is ADD as well.

hlpmyson
06-16-07, 11:18 PM
44, lived with ADD most of my life. History of oppositional defiance, drug abuse, blurting out, disorganized, multi tasking, high energy, etc. somehow I have managed a relatively successful life inspite of myself and my challenges.

I am here looking for help for my son, I am very concerned for him and his future!

emwell
06-22-07, 06:34 PM
Gosh darn it, I am back again.

I just responded to a PM from over a year ago.
I am only hear today because of a word game thread I never subscibed to.
Life is weird sometimes. I needed a remider to come here. Maybe the more active I am, the less reminders I will need. :eyebrow:

Deb

fasttalkingmom
06-22-07, 10:12 PM
Welcome back !!!

Gosh darn it, I am back again.

I just responded to a PM from over a year ago.
I am only hear today because of a word game thread I never subscibed to.
Life is weird sometimes. I needed a remider to come here. Maybe the more active I am, the less reminders I will need. :eyebrow:

Deb

benhankerson
12-11-07, 02:20 PM
Benjamin, afro american in dorchester MA, was diagnosed a bit ago. Can't remember when but somewhere around 1 year and half ago.

fasttalkingmom
12-28-07, 10:37 PM
Benjamin, afro american in dorchester MA, was diagnosed a bit ago. Can't remember when but somewhere around 1 year and half ago.

Hi there !!! I'm from the North Shore of Mass.

Hutch1ns
01-26-08, 08:43 AM
Hey all,

I'm Nick, 21 years of age and have been living in Haverhill for about 2 years now (originally from North Andover.) I was diagnosed with ADD when I was about 12 and have been on Adderall ever since being diagnosed. I work as a Network/sys Admin and in desktop tech support so if anyone ever has any computer problems feel free to shoot me a PM!

I made a post in the Adderall specific forums on this, but if anyone knows of a good Psychiatrist in the area (I'm willing to travel anywhere in Eastern MA) who usually can make quick appointments I'd really appreciate it if you could give me their info as I'm in quite a jam at the moment.

fasttalkingmom
01-26-08, 10:28 AM
Hey all,

I'm Nick, 21 years of age and have been living in Haverhill for about 2 years now (originally from North Andover.) I was diagnosed with ADD when I was about 12 and have been on Adderall ever since being diagnosed. I work as a Network/sys Admin and in desktop tech support so if anyone ever has any computer problems feel free to shoot me a PM!

I made a post in the Adderall specific forums on this, but if anyone knows of a good Psychiatrist in the area (I'm willing to travel anywhere in Eastern MA) who usually can make quick appointments I'd really appreciate it if you could give me their info as I'm in quite a jam at the moment.

Hi Nick !!!
I grew up in Middleton and still live close by. Have you tried the Hallowell Center in Andover or N. Andover? http://www.drhallowell.com/

Panther71
01-26-08, 01:39 PM
Hi, I am Ron, and my wife Tiffany and I live here in Holyoke, MA. I have Adult ADHD and I am 36 years old. Its a struggle every day for me, and for my wife that is. She is the world to me, and I love her so much, she often has a hard time trying to understand my ADHD. I am just living day by day with ADHD and I have to say its tough some times.

Hutch1ns
01-27-08, 04:06 AM
Hi Nick !!!
I grew up in Middleton and still live close by. Have you tried the Hallowell Center in Andover or N. Andover? http://www.drhallowell.com/

I tried all of the #'s for hallowell is the blue cross directory and it said the # had been disconnected. I believe their closest location is in sudbury now.

debrown8888
04-10-08, 10:24 PM
Hi -

I'm Dianna and I have two kids with ADHD inattentive, one recovered from autism. I'm a biomed mom but on-task issues have been the last issue I can't seem to get a handle on. I finally tried meds but Stratera caused excessive crying and stimulants caused tics (throat clearing) every 2 seconds and didn't really help anyway. Behavioral interventions don't help at all with the on-task issues. Don't know what to do next. My kids (7 & 8) just can't seem to start or finish any school work independantly.

Thanks,
Dianna

murphy40
04-11-08, 12:28 AM
i'm 40 and diagnosed with ADHD, bipolar II, and PTSD. i need to get back into the work force. my strengths are in the arts and creative field. i used to be an international flight attendant, and in college interned with ESPN, and was a sports journalist. it's the concentration and anxiety that are my battle now. single mom, has to make money, no family, not freaked out, but need a coach. actually, i've been ordered to get one. left you an email.

murphy40

meadd823
04-11-08, 01:11 AM
Hi these sections may be of interst to you then Bipolar and ADD (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55) and Anxiety Disorders, PTSD, OCD (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)

fasttalkingmom
04-12-08, 07:13 AM
I tried all of the #'s for hallowell is the blue cross directory and it said the # had been disconnected. I believe their closest location is in sudbury now.

Oh no I'm so sorry ! I'm also sorry I haven't checked in on you, having a hard time with life myself lately.

Have you found anyone yet?

cnh02
08-20-08, 05:14 PM
can anyone help out with finding a good psychiatrist to see about adhd? im in norwood, ma. about 20 min south of boston.

meadd823
08-21-08, 08:47 AM
Where Can I Find a Health Care Professional? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33989)

Yaaziel
09-24-08, 03:08 PM
Hi, I'm Bill.

I live in Northampton, and I was diagnosed at the ADD Center of Western Mass, which doesn't have much for adults beyond diagnosis, I think. I was daignosed in 2006. It answered a ton of questions, a huge "a ha" moment for me. But I haven't really been able to do a lot to treat it.

I get PSVT, rapid heartbeat, which only happens about once a year if I cut out all stimulants. So ritalin's a no-no. Omega-3 seem to help, and exercise, and chewing gum actually. I've been taking amantadine offlabel with little noticable effect, but have no doctor to advise me on dosage (my doc closed his practice right before writing a big scrip).

I'm married and just became a father, so it's very important that I start some sort of serious treatment, whether it be cognitive or meds. I've been seeing a shrink for a few years, but that doesn't really go to the ADD stuff. I'm feeling like there are more resources in the eastern part of the state, and there's not much in terms of support out here. Maybe someone can prove me wrong.

ouchbox
02-06-09, 12:23 AM
Hi Bill, I'm in western mass too, and am also looking for any resources for adult ADHD beyond diagnosis and meds. :) So far I've found a number for a support group out of Holyoke....just for women! Great, isn't it? ;)

I'm sure many of us have had the fun experience of finding something helpful, only to realize it's intended for 4 year olds :p:p

Galadriel724
02-13-09, 06:16 PM
Hi! I'm 33, live in Medford, and have combined type along with bipolar d/o. My DH also has both, recently diagnosed formally. It sounds bad, but it's not most of the time.
I just caved and got a coach b/c I was going nuts trying to run my life with no skills.
I work as a psych nurse (lol) and love my job. The patients like me, and know that somehow I'm not "normal" :p so they trust me. They also know I don't want to be normal, although sometimes I'd like to function normally. Does anyone go to a support group in the Metro Boston Area?

worlds edge
03-27-09, 12:15 PM
Patrick
Maynard, MA

ADD-Inattentive, officially diagnosed, well, yesterday... :p

Am also being treated for major depression and suicidal ideation.

jumpy mind
11-22-09, 10:52 PM
I live in Central Massachusetts. I had no idea that I was really ADD although I have joked for years. But when my inattention and losing things, among other things, became so bad, that I finally checked with my primary. He sent me for testing and it became official. I was prescribed Wellbutrin which was a little help.

But it seems to be getting worse. So it will be back to the doctor's. I will ask to be referred to a psychiatrist for different medication.

Ashey
10-05-10, 04:32 PM
hey everyone

Issy12385
11-23-10, 06:16 PM
Might as well keep it going
Christine
South Shore MA

shcb07
11-24-10, 04:06 PM
Hi Im 29 yrs old, female and been living with anxiety, adhd and depression for more years then I can remember