View Full Version : The ONE thing I have cleaned today is. . . .

Pages : 1 [2]

kettish
02-22-09, 10:47 PM
ADHDTigger, lolol!!! Those darn cats. I left two pairs of earrings out once, on a table I thought kitty didn't habit. My bad; the next morning there were two earrings, one from each pair. I finally found one of those yesterday, downstairs in a corner...the others...who knows??

I put my sorted clothes into plastic baggies for Goodwill. Now I've got to go schedule the week!

kettish
02-23-09, 04:58 PM
Made sure the dogs were taken out, fed, and taken care of on time. Also remembered to fold a pair of capris I took off and put them neatly on my clothes rack. Did not however remember to take my phone out of the back pocket and subsequently spent fifteen minutes looking for it until I realized what'd happened.

kettish
02-26-09, 09:47 PM
I cleaned ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. :D Nope, nothing! Didn't make the bed, didn't do any dishes or laundry. Picked up nothing.

What I did do however is get some excellent research done. :) And be sick half the morning. Woops. May be time to go pee on a stick...

Song of Mercy
02-26-09, 10:14 PM
I picked up about 6 pieces of paper that my dog chewed. Woo Hoo...lol

Song

kettish
02-28-09, 10:44 AM
Gotta love those darn dogs. Today, we've got a list of things to do, but I just wanted to celebrate the fact that I woke up when my alarm went off and did NOT go back to sleep! :D

More at 10.

meadd823
03-18-09, 03:59 AM
I cleaned me . . . . . .the house well tomorrow is another day, the next day is another . . . .

chellechelle
03-18-09, 11:30 AM
ummm........ the dust off the top of my jewelry box :S.. in my defense weve been gone all day everyday and get home at night lol

Yetigu
03-21-09, 01:18 AM
I FINALLY did laundry today... clean socks at last!

kettish
03-22-09, 09:54 PM
I cleaned the laundry room (I went out with the girls last night and didn't wake up until 1100 today... :( Sokka peed! I felt so horrible and went and cleaned him up and the laundry room right away) and also cleaned the rust spots off of the Civic and primed them. (Not technically cleaning lol but it's maintenance!)

Yesterday I deep cleaned the bathroom-YUCK! All the caulking on the edge of the tub came off so tomorrow I've got to get some new caulking and replace it, as I don't want mold and mildew to start up in there. No showers until then-that's a kick in the butt right there! (I love water, it's very soothing to me.) I also did laundry yesterday!

woodwife
03-22-09, 10:03 PM
Today I washed all my dishes,every single one that I could find....but I'm sure I will come across a couple of cups in odd places tonight :)

Then I deep cleaned the kitchen sink and the area around it with soft scrub and a toothbrush, it is all shiny and white and germ free now!!!

I also pooper scooped, which was badly needed............and nasty.

I have got more cleaning done in the last week than I have in the last 6 months, I think the stratterra is actually working :) :)

CrystalShiloh
03-22-09, 10:04 PM
The litter pan. I let it go for five days while I was sick, so I wasn't looking forward to it.

VanReal
03-22-09, 10:42 PM
The litter pan. I let it go for five days while I was sick, so I wasn't looking forward to it.

Oh no, I knew I forgot something! Thanks for this reminder, blah.

I cleaned out some leftovers from the fridge. Several of them I couldn't recognize, hmm, what were they?

kattsqueen
03-22-09, 11:22 PM
cleaned my seasoned skillet hot water and clean cloth!

I also did my dishes wiped down the kithchen surfaces stove and counters
also sorted a few old things out of the fridge and also the pantry.

kithchen floor really needs some attention
bathroom could use a disinfection
junk room scares me lol

good night remember you too can do anything fifteen minutes at a time

kattsqueen
04-06-09, 10:48 PM
What the heck!!!

I just get here and every one leaves!

Not the first board ive done this to./

Kattsqueen

VanReal
04-06-09, 11:11 PM
The only thing that was cleaned today was my booty and that was in a rush so I really should be trying to get sleep right now so I don't repeat in the morning....darn insomnia.

pADDyjay
04-07-09, 12:50 AM
I cleaned me . . . . . .the house well tomorrow is another day, the next day is another . . . . :) same here...oh yeah I had to clear off my bed to make room for my clean self:)

kettish
04-08-09, 12:12 AM
Cleaned the bowl I used to make red velvet cake with. And...yeah. That's it. X3

Tomorrow's a busy day lined up though, while DH was gone for two weeks things got dirty! And I left the windows open for a day and there's now a wonderful layer of pollen all over EVERYTHING. Not sure how to handle that except a super thorough deep cleaning. XC

pamkay414
04-30-09, 09:20 AM
I cleaned the bathroom from top to bottom - Walls, baseboards, sink, mirror, floors on my hands and knees, tub and toilet. It looks and smells so nice in there. I try to do that every day. It's small so it's easy to do and I actualy enjoy it but I really should get going in that bedroom of mine which is nothing but a catch all for anything and everything. It's embarassing really and not a nice place to wake up to.

Pam

kattsqueen
04-30-09, 12:42 PM
check out flylady.net its designed for us add non cleaner types!!

one babystep at a time!!

You can get anything done 5 or10 or15 minutes at a time...

katts havent cleaned any thing yet today been procrastinating!!
katts

pamkay414
04-30-09, 06:40 PM
I joined Flylady more than once and hated all the emails I got but I do like the idea and I think I am going to join again.

I also like what you said about doing something for 15 minutes at a time. I know that when I start to clean that I sometimes find myself wandering around in circles and not sticking to one place until it's done. Maybe that boredom and ADD too. I used to be the most tidy person in the world and I mean really kind of OCD about it and I miss those days. I want to get back how I was then. Of course I was about 15 or 16 and now I am 43 but now it's so much of me being overwhelmed with not just the mess, just everything in general, life and what is happening to me and what has happened to me. I sometimes dwell on things too much and I think that makes a barrier for me to keep from doing the things I am supposed to do.

Thanks so much.

janetmorgski
07-09-09, 05:17 PM
Hee-hee-hee! It is so funny to hear you guys because it's like I am listening to myself! I finally feel at home! I will become so overwhelmed by life and things to do so I will go do something fun or sleep until I can approach the obstacle ahead of me, then someday when I have the mental strength, I clean for hours and hours tirelessly! I do nothing for weeks, then go crazy and do a ton, but it's not the things that are important, it will be some odd task like organizing the picture in boxes or our summer/winter clothes! I guess that is hyperfocusing? Sure makes me feel like a crazy person! Thank you all for sharing, it's such a relief to know that I am not alone! namaste ~

EYEFORGOT
07-10-09, 03:57 AM
I think I washed some dishes, can't remember.

Lately I'm helping to clean my friend's house, she's moving. I find it easier to focus on someone else's mess than my own. I have company coming Saturday night and I haven't really carved out any real time to catch up on the mess.

Archon
07-10-09, 04:20 AM
I changed the blown lightbulb in my room /flex

No more sitting in the dark like a miscreant for me!

Impromptu_DTour
07-10-09, 08:55 PM
myself

*sniff*

novagal
07-10-09, 09:55 PM
I'm shocked and amazed that I'm saying this, but today I cleaned out my clothes closet and the shelves where I keep clothes as well. I've been wanting to do this for 1 1/2 years.

This morning, without planning on it, I started to re-arrange a few things, and realized that what I was holding in my hand I don't ever wear. I thought, "Now why would I put this BACK on the shelves? I don't even like it!" So I started pulling one thing after another that I don't wear out and making a big pile. I even got rid of stuff that I like the style of, but that has little things that bother me like 3/4 sleeves. Yer outta here! Things that I'm uncertain if the color works on me? Gone!

The crowning moment however, is when I actually drove the six bags of clothing to drop them off at a donation station. This means that they're out of my life - they're not sliding around in the back of my car for a year.

I do have a confession though, there's a box of clothes I'd gotten together to give away about a year ago, and it's been riding around in my car with me all this time. For some reason, it just became a part of the inside of my vehicle, I quit noticing it.

So did I think to drop that box off with all the other clothes? No. No I did not. :rolleyes:

doiadhd
07-11-09, 06:53 PM
My teeth...:D
but did'nt floss cos I'm U.K-o.k:p

GreyStreet
07-14-09, 01:09 AM
Tonight I cleaned...
... all my bowls and cups
... the fridge and freezer
... a few cabinets
... and shortly will be cleaning some more cabinets, all my mugs, tupperware, pots/pans, and utensils. It feels good to finally have clean things!

mmt78
07-14-09, 09:05 AM
Two loads of dishes! :D

doiadhd
07-14-09, 09:30 AM
my bowels....!
Soz
(un-sure of spelling)

jacinta
07-15-09, 02:45 PM
The handset of the public phone I used...yuk..I used one of those KFC wipes you get with your takeaway, not antibacterial, but better than nothing

doiadhd
07-15-09, 03:07 PM
I have polished off

A can of beer.....*bod-dom-dom-((chseeeecheee))*

Sknipper
07-15-09, 04:34 PM
Ooooh, I like this thread. Today I've cleaned...myself. I cleaned like crazy on Monday and yesterday though so it looks mostly decent in the public areas. I'm loving my kitchen, feels like a real grownup lives here lol. I do have clean dishes in the dishwasher from last night so the breakfast dishes are in the sink. I need to go get on that. Maintenance instead of letting it all pile up. Will I actually get up and do it? I don't know.

stef
07-15-09, 05:01 PM
the breadcrumbs from the table, and a small spot on the floor that's been annoying me for several days; and put away stuff in the kitchen; and finally threw out this huge box that had one piece of very stale cake in it!

chellechelle
07-15-09, 10:33 PM
vuccumed the livingroom bathroom and computer room !! :)

Sknipper
07-21-09, 01:59 AM
I folded enough laundry to cover up my whole king sized bed AND got it put away, not just tossed back into baskets when my husband went to bed.
I loaded the dishwasher and set it to start on a timer after I go to bed.
I have to get up from here and go get all the trash ready. My husband takes it out to the curb but he only takes what's in the kitchen and the garage, he won't get the stuff from the bathrooms, the recycling, etc.

zandalm
07-21-09, 03:52 AM
I love this thread! !

Actually, I'm so bad at cleaning I set this thread as my home page to give me some motivation and make me feel less lazy :)

Today I haven't cleaned anything yet (come on... I've only been awake for 2 hours and the laptop was right next to my bed... :) ) but yesterday I did the front seats of the car (I can actually see the floor now on the passanger side) and (opened and) cleaned out some old mail. Lots of paper gone!

AddaptAbilities
10-01-09, 08:19 PM
Well, it wasn't today (though today I vacuumed my living room. Yay!) but over the weekend I cleaned my stove. My stove had many a cooked-on stain, including some coffee that I'd forgotten about from years ago that I'd thought was annealed permanently to the surface of the burner area. Now my stove looks like this:

<object id="SWFUpload_0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.wellorderedchaos.addaptabilities.com/wp-includes/js/swfupload/swfupload.swf?preventswfcaching=1254442644855" class="swfupload" width="132" height="24">

http://www.wellorderedchaos.addaptabilities.com/wp-content/uploads/Shiny-Stove-Thumbnail.jpg</object>

I'm proud of myself. :)

Impromptu_DTour
10-01-09, 09:29 PM
My Attitude ;F

NeaneB
10-01-09, 11:40 PM
My kids' toys! :D :D :D 10 points for me!

meadd823
10-03-09, 07:29 AM
I washed cloths, I even dried them and they are still in the drier . . . but I did technically "clean" them

golferguy
10-10-09, 02:23 PM
Done 6 loads of laundry and cleaning my closet and tossing clothes.

atrain
11-21-09, 01:18 AM
Any ideas to how clean your bedroom?

ginniebean
11-21-09, 01:20 AM
cleaned my bathroom, and kitchen :)

trishcan
11-21-09, 01:38 AM
the screen on my laptop... it was nasty!

chips
11-21-09, 02:21 AM
The dishes YAY! :D

CircularingCats
11-21-09, 02:24 AM
A load of laundry, yay!!!!:)

Lost Focus
12-12-09, 07:19 PM
Picked up a little bit in the living room, and helped the wife gut our master suite. She went on a purge of clothes/stored items and is on the way to the shelter with them now.

chips
12-12-09, 07:20 PM
Have yet to get started but will be back to display my accompliments LOL :D

AliKatski
12-14-09, 06:56 PM
....my car! OMG it was dirrrrty :)

Cacho
01-09-10, 02:29 AM
The dishes

ToadysFroggy
01-15-10, 09:42 PM
the old stuff from the fridge, the dirty stuff from all week, and the clutter from the chair in the family room...

chips
01-17-10, 08:38 AM
Cleared a tray of mango's that have been sitting on the dining table for a week & stuffed them all in the fridge. I open the fridge door & all I see is mango's. Could be a start of healthy eating too :D

AmyAcer
05-10-10, 11:36 PM
one thing i cleaned today is...... wait what is cleaning again? i forgot :p

i didnt do nuffin today:o

EshkaronsEngine
05-11-10, 12:50 AM
My HTC hero.

blueday
08-05-10, 10:51 AM
I'm still thinking about what I'm going to clean.....but I'm definately, definately going to clean something.....I just don't know what yet.....so I thought I'd have a quick look on the internet :p ....whilst I'm thinking about it :DHi. This is my very first post on this forum - I just joined. and when I read this post, I thought 'I'm in the right place'. I am only beginning to explore this diagnosis, and I'm 49 years old. The internet is such a source of entertainment and information, but it is also always, ALWAYS more appealing than cleaning anything. Before posting this, I am going to carry all the glasses and plates in my livingroom into the kitchen

there. that's one thing cleaned today. so now I can post guilt free.

Surly Dave
01-20-11, 01:11 AM
I'm still thinking about what I'm going to clean.....but I'm definately, definately going to clean something.....I just don't know what yet.....so I thought I'd have a quick look on the internet :p ....whilst I'm thinking about it :D

You, my friend, have captured the essence of ADD. Well done.

buddy
01-20-11, 05:41 PM
Cleaned all the counters off in the kitchen.I also washed all the dishes & cleaned the stove & oven.
buddy

zannie
01-20-11, 05:53 PM
I cleaned a huge stain on my rug. Someone spilt something so long ago I have no idea what it was.

Today the maintance people came to change the filter in the heater. I had to move every thing out of the way. The stain looked even more disgusting when the area was clear.

It had been bothering me for a long time i'm glad i finally got to it!!

meadd823
01-21-11, 02:10 PM
My teeth , I have managed to clean my teeth and it's isn't even noon yet!!!!

SkiesAre_grey
04-22-11, 02:09 PM
I cleaned my room today.
& I even organized my closet, which was a disaster.

buddy
04-22-11, 05:30 PM
I washed the kitchen floor today.It was really muddy from the dogs going in & out.

fleurdelis
04-23-11, 04:15 PM
I got rid of a ton of clothes today while cleaning my closet, I'm still working........

insight needed
06-05-11, 09:09 AM
Looks like no one has done any cleaning in over a month! Ha-ha, hope not! Well, yesterday I decided to sort out a drawer of T-shirts. It wasn't really pre-planned, I just noticed that there were quite a few shirts that I never wore. How many "gardening/work" T-shirts does one really need--probably not a dozen! Well, that led to creating a pile of shirts to donate to Goodwill. So then, I decided to go through the rest of my drawers--"keep", "donate", "trash", then onto the closet. Bagged up the donate, trashed the trash. Grabbed the vacuum cleaner and the dust cloth and did the deed! The Goodwill store is half-way to my favorite pizza place, so I dropped off the clothing, then treated myself to pizza for lunch.

I have really pared down the amount of "stuff" I have in the bedroom. I don't let clutter pile up in there, and it really makes it much easier to keep clean. Any "pile" just seems to magically attract more "stuff"--too bad I can't seem to keep this philosophy going in the living room...

So, what did you clean today?

anonymouslyadd
06-05-11, 09:10 AM
Kitchen dishes.

buddy
06-05-11, 06:38 PM
Rearranged all the books on my bookshelves.

Urgezz
01-05-12, 05:05 PM
reformatted my computer, i was dreading going for half a day without access to entertainment and welcome distractions!!

crimsonking19
02-10-12, 04:56 PM
I know it isn't really cleaning, but I got my school stuff organized. So I guess I kind of cleaned my binder lol!:yes:

getithere
02-10-12, 05:04 PM
Okay we have every thing here but a success thread going.

If you cleaned one thing today lets hear about it.

Please do not misunderstand I do not mean a room or a house I really mean the one I have cleaned today. Naturally if you have cleaned more by all means do share.

So if you wiped off a counter, emptied one trash can, picked up one article of clothing it counts.

I guess I am proud of my self as I finally hung about six pictures today. My computer room looks more like a room instead of an over sized storage shed.

Yesterday I finally got my peg board off the floor by my computer desk and hung it on the wall about a meter an a half above where it was on the floor. . . I saw no sense in making it too complicated to find. :p

My bedroom. Its a mess.

aeon
02-10-12, 05:41 PM
Today I cleaned a bathtub, a toilet, a sink, a mirror, a scale, and a floor.

So the one thing I cleaned today was a bathroom.

cheers,
Ian

anonymouslyadd
06-03-12, 11:47 PM
The top of the oven.

artymom
07-11-12, 01:34 AM
My bathroom countertops!

Twiggy
07-11-12, 01:58 AM
My lunchbox containers.

dixie_diva
07-12-12, 01:18 AM
The top of the refridgerator, it's right next to the stove so the amount of dust that was adhered to the top by grease was INCREDIBLE lol! Took almost half of the meds that were up there to work (pharmacy) so they could be disposed of cause they were expired and sorted the remainder up there into baskets (1 for me, 1 for my husband, and 1 for general stuff), so proud!

Bethylphenidate
10-07-12, 09:16 PM
...Uhhhhh...

Well, I took a shower....

Rebelyell
10-07-12, 10:07 PM
Absolutely nothing Im sick of cleaning

Beekeeper
10-08-12, 10:01 AM
I haven't cleaned anything yet today, but I did start the dishwasher, as I noticed that it didn't get run last night when it should have. I hope to find myself in my office later today reorganizing, although I should sweep the floors.

SquarePeg
10-08-12, 10:12 AM
I unloaded the dishwasher and thatīs about it. I will clear up after lunch and take out the trash but thatīs it for today.

Luvmybully
10-08-12, 11:35 AM
I have changed two smelly dirty diapers already today....

Impetus
10-13-12, 02:50 PM
some laundry. It's not folded, but it is clean!

txhausfrau
12-21-12, 01:18 AM
My kitchen. It is the one room that I clean almost every single day. I may go to bed without cleaning it twice a month.

I also put up the boxes from the Xmas decorations that have been hanging out in my living room for a week, and gathered up the ornaments the kids have taken off to play with.

meadd823
12-22-12, 04:50 AM
My bank account - not really what I meant when I started this thread but I did pretty much clean it out buying Christmas gifts for the grand-kids!

Unmanagable
12-22-12, 05:26 AM
Is my head space. :)

JanelleC
01-24-13, 01:28 PM
...just me. but it's early.

JanelleC
01-24-13, 01:32 PM
My bedroom. Its a mess.

my bedroom has been a disaster area for over 2 years. I'm just plain scared to move stuff now.... heaven only knows what will happen! the earth might shift on it's axis. My kids have to keep their rooms clean, but me? HA. they only have mention the hypocrisy ONCE.. and will never make that mistake again. ;)

(bad mom!)

DevoutKitten
02-14-13, 02:44 PM
I just cleaned DH's side of the bed and mine, as well as sweeping under the bed. I thought that I had a lot of things to put away, but most of it was his! I can not believe how accomplished I feel just for doing that one task!

I also have laundry in the washer and a load in the dryer! WOOHOO!! Thankful for the small steps in getting things done and organized!

Dutchieface
03-04-13, 10:58 AM
Two batches of laundry, kitchen floor, dishes. Also folded a batch of laundry and put fresh sheets on the bed.

Just started Ritalin 20mg a day. It seems to work.

Jetta91298
03-13-13, 03:34 PM
I stumbled on this thread yesterday and it made my day.

Yesterday, I put away the dishes and took out the trash. And while this has nothing to do with cleaning, I am still very proud of myself: I called and made an x-ray appointment that I should have made a week ago. My ankle is crying with joy.

Today, I cleaned myself, which isn't much, BUT! I WILL do a load of towels right after I type this because, well, I used the last two clean ones for my shower haha.

gpfan5
03-17-13, 07:01 PM
The hallway - I picked up the bags sitting in the hallway and swept underneath them and swept the other side of the rug, too. Even vacuumed! I always work on nonessential tasks when I'm avoiding doing something else! :)

Twiggy
03-17-13, 08:13 PM
I cleaned the cat litter.

someothertime
11-16-13, 05:30 AM
My desk :o

amberwillow
11-16-13, 06:31 AM
I recycled some old magazines and put my dirty washing in the laundry. Dh did a load of laundry and the dishes, while I facilitated Dd16 to put out the rubbish and the worm scraps. Ds20 mowed the back lawn.

So, although none of us did heaps today, enough got done to maintain the status quo.

stef
11-16-13, 08:39 AM
nothing! but i went grocery shopping does that count?

Rebelyell
11-16-13, 09:28 AM
Myself

Daydreamin22
11-17-13, 06:16 PM
My bedside table.

silivrentoliel
11-17-13, 06:38 PM
the whole damn house... didn't mean to though... well, not the whole house... still have to clean the guest room tonight.

Nicksgonefishin
11-17-13, 07:01 PM
Cleaned my car out at lunch time. Its amazing the time I have when I'm not wasting it smoking.

Rebelyell
11-17-13, 07:36 PM
Jack****

Unmanagable
11-17-13, 07:48 PM
My schedule of having to do anything. :)

Rebelyell
11-17-13, 08:04 PM
I have soo much to clean, bro dont care why should I and it seems the weekend comes I got zero motivation to do anything around this house anymore.sometimes I wonder if I moved didnt have to deal w certain bs of my brother would I still be lazy and unmotivated like this? Its so easy to redistribute blame on everyone when it was you all along.

Pingu*
11-17-13, 08:36 PM
One shelf in my bookshelf :)
It's been on my to do list for a week! I'm happy!

Daydreamin22
11-18-13, 11:36 PM
a plate

Lyricw9
04-19-14, 03:35 AM
Right now I have bronchitis and got my blood taken. My thyroid is so low I am surprised I can walk. I looked at my house today, things all over the place as usual but am too tired to clean because I get short of breath from the chronic bronchitis. Don't have enough money to get a maid. I just fantasize about how great it would be to have someone help organize the place and clean. Anyone have any suggestions? At 59 years old I have finally gotten the right diagnosis ADHD. On Adderal, Wellbutrin and started today on Straterra. Apparently my ADHD was off the charts! Can't believe that I went all those years with the wrong diagnosis. I thought my house always looked this way because I must be lazy with no sense of style!!!

FinallyDxed!
10-06-16, 06:17 PM
Coffee Table full of papers. Vacuumed the rug under it...needed it so badly!

Pihlaja
05-14-17, 04:41 PM
I cleaned the kitchen sink!

Pihlaja
05-15-17, 01:58 PM
Aaaand I cleaned the kitchen sink again today!

FlipperTheWhale
05-15-17, 05:08 PM
Cat litter boxes! I have two (rescued) cats. One has a rare condition called diabetes insipidus or water diabetes. Basically, she drinks a lot of water and pees a lot. No blood sugar issues. So I need to keep up the boxes. I am currently trying OkoCat litter and Worlds Best Cat Litter. Both work pretty good and are easy to clean. But she is a messy little cat, but my other cat loves her and so do I.

Pihlaja
05-16-17, 06:56 AM
I cleaned the kitchen sink after breakfast! (Sorry for the repetitiveness :D )

Fuzzy12
05-16-17, 07:40 AM
I cleaned several things today but the kitchen is still a filthy mess. :(