View Full Version : social interaction

bandie08
03-15-07, 08:13 AM
ok my bd reccomended me for the top band for my senior year next year, but Mr fore said he will put me in wind ensemble if I have social interaction with my peers and thats a big problem for me. I have had bad experiences in the past. I do try interacting with my peers in marching band but they either ignore me or look at me funny. That kind a thing makes me less confident and anxious and thatís when I get to the point that I do not want to talk to people. I want to prevent that from happening again. It really hurts me because I want to make friends so bad but it doesnít always work. I am often described as a "loner", I often express a great interest in making friendships and meeting people. I am Very frustrated by my repeated failures to engage others and make friendships. any one else have this problem?

:o

FightingBoredom
03-15-07, 09:28 AM
My son is in Wind Ensemble; what does social interaction have to do with playing in WE?

I don't recall any performance in the past 5 years where the performers were discussing the music or having a chit chat about how they love the music.

You need to have someone have a talk with that bd and find out where in the curriculum it states that social interaction is REQUIRED for Wind Ensemble.

To answer your question: find a buddy. Just one. Someone who has even the slightest thing in common with you.
Make sure this teacher sees you interacting with this ONE person any time you can. In fact, take it to the opposite extreme and sit next to them in your class with this bd and chat about music to the point you have to be told to be quiet. Then politely excuse yourself for the "overinteraction".

supersomeone
10-11-07, 05:34 PM
My son is in Wind Ensemble; what does social interaction have to do with playing in WE?

I don't recall any performance in the past 5 years where the performers were discussing the music or having a chit chat about how they love the music.

You need to have someone have a talk with that bd and find out where in the curriculum it states that social interaction is REQUIRED for Wind Ensemble.

To answer your question: find a buddy. Just one. Someone who has even the slightest thing in common with you.
Make sure this teacher sees you interacting with this ONE person any time you can. In fact, take it to the opposite extreme and sit next to them in your class with this bd and chat about music to the point you have to be told to be quiet. Then politely excuse yourself for the "overinteraction".haha that is funny did you try talking to yr director i know how you feel i also kinda have a huge phobia of new people i dont want to get "the look" lol sometimes people mistake me for being arragant or really quiet but i am neither i just see myself as the person going to school with out meds and how the kids reacted then and i reallly really really dont want that lol but yeah i agree FightingBoredom just find one girl maybe who plays the same instermint (sp?) as you talk about tv shows or something like that lol good luck http://addforums.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue.gif