View Full Version : Adderall XR 40 mg vs. Focalin (dose ?)

cpenn1002
03-25-07, 10:53 PM
Salut!

I've recently been diagnosed with A.D.H.D. at 19. Before being diagnosed, highschool classes were boring and I graduated with no problem but only did what I had to do.

Now attending college, and maligning my diagnosis to obtain Adderall, I go to class with extreme interest and deep participation. It is a wonder drug to me.

I've missed my appointment with my doctor to refill my perscription and he is now on vacation for nearly a month. Dependent (?) on Adderall for my motivation.

Before I go to class next week (spring break) I would like to know from an experienced A.D.H.D. medication guru (or anyone that would know) how many Focalin XR 10 mg capsules I should take in place of my usual daily Adderall XR 40 mg dose.

JR1973
03-26-07, 12:00 AM
apples to oranges comparison really.

However since Focalin is about 2x potent per mg than methylphenidate AND it takes about 1.5-2 times the dosage of methylphenidate to equal Adderall on a mg per mg basis that really means Adderall and Focalin are pretty equal (10 mg Adderall = 10 mg Focalin).

I tried Focalin XR 20mg for a month. Very potent. I'd almost say much stronger than 20mg of Adderall XR. Probably closer to a 30mg Adderall XR but that is only my take on it.

J

lars
03-26-07, 03:44 AM
Salut!

I've recently been diagnosed with A.D.H.D. at 19. Before being diagnosed, highschool classes were boring and I graduated with no problem but only did what I had to do.

Now attending college, and maligning my diagnosis to obtain Adderall, I go to class with extreme interest and deep participation. It is a wonder drug to me.

I've missed my appointment with my doctor to refill my perscription and he is now on vacation for nearly a month. Dependent (?) on Adderall for my motivation.

Before I go to class next week (spring break) I would like to know from an experienced A.D.H.D. medication guru (or anyone that would know) how many Focalin XR 10 mg capsules I should take in place of my usual daily Adderall XR 40 mg dose.Hi cpenn1002, and welcome to the forums.

I understand you're new, so I wanted to let you know that it's a violation of forum guidelines to post anything concerning any illegal use of prescription drugs. That being said, for that reason I had to edit your post above. When I was new here it took me awhile to learn the guidlines too until I came across this: http://www.addforums.com/forums/announcement.php?f=75&announcementid=64

cpenn1002
03-26-07, 07:12 AM
oops sorry about that!

won't happen again!