View Full Version : I am too small!!!!

Claudia_0102
03-28-07, 12:30 PM
I started on dexedrine not too long ago. I take one sustained release 10mg once a day. It makes my apetite disapear!!! I have lost some weight and now i am underweight. I am naturally a petite size. I went vegetarian 2 years ago. Before that i believe i was about 110 pounds. Before dexedrine i was 100 pounds. Now i'm 95 pounds. When i'm not on dexedrine i eat constantly! Thats just the way i am. I am 5'2".

How can i gain weight the healthy way?

auntchris
04-02-07, 07:09 PM
how is your frame. Are you petite, small ?

Matt S.
04-02-07, 07:44 PM
I am a male with the same issue 5'8" 135 lbs. currently on a "holiday" from those meds for part of the reason being I look like I am trying to emulate Nicole Richie literally. Dexedrine seems to be the "mothership" as far as the intensity of that side effect even to Desoxyn (methaphetamine). It can be managed with the supplement powders (at least not losing more). Switching to a different medication would be pointless unless you want to lose more weight during the titrate period. Short acting dexedrine may create rebound hunger for you without messing you up too bad. Try to get the same brand with that drug, every time I had a different brand I lost even more weight, that was my experience but it may be a factor

cwbyjohnson
04-02-07, 07:46 PM
I'd say high calorie nutritious shakes.

ilikemyadd
05-25-07, 06:15 AM
I am the same height and I was about the same size... I'm about 115 now, and I'm 5'3" but I have been as low as 90 lbs. I'm still taking dex, and I have found that the appetite suppressant part of it wears off after month or two. Until that time, I suggest eating a large breakfast in the morning before you take it? Also, eat densely nutritious foods like tofu, beans, lentils, dark green veggies, nuts and seeds, healthy oils etc. Try to eat mechanically, and try not too go too long without eating. Try "Cliff" nutrition bars if you can find them. Eventually you should stabilize back to a healthy weight. Really, you're not too far underweight anyway if you have a naturally small build.