View Full Version : tips and tricks for paying attention

jittery guy
04-09-07, 02:08 PM
first off i have my suggestion

instead of trying despersately to pay attention to the very boring lesson i split my attentions. i do so by reading and listening at the same time. i like to read alot and when i am reading my eyes do not wander and my brain stays in the same room as the teach. using this statagy i have gone from a D-C-B's student to nearly strait A's. so my suggestion is to dived and concur, occupie your ears withthe teacher, your hands with something(rubics cube, drawing ect...) and your eyes with only one thing. this will keep your brain busy and focused while still focusing on the teacher. hope this helps.

please give any other suggestions that you have and explain them like I did.

thank you

zachylee

Zena
04-09-07, 03:53 PM
Do you have ADD?

jittery guy
04-10-07, 07:51 AM
i have a severe case of adhd but sometimes ican focus on books but only if they REALLY grab my attention(and i was overdose when i sat still for almost 6 hours:faint: )

boone1
05-19-07, 04:42 PM
Chewing gum! That really helps me.

Also sitting at the front of the class so you can't see anyone behind you.

Paws13
05-19-07, 10:15 PM
I actually find sitting in the back helps me more; because I'm usually poked in the back when I sit towards the front x____x My friends don't listen much in class.

But I also find keeping myself occupied helps me, because I get bored since I'm not doing anything and tune out. Color the little spaces on a composition notebook, in between the spirals in a notebook, draw a design... that's what I do.

routhy
05-19-07, 10:19 PM
I used to doodle in lessons, I ended up almsot completely covering several textbooks in doodles and had to fork out a good 40 for replacements, lol

VisualImagery
05-19-07, 10:55 PM
A marker set and taking notes in colors-mind/concept mapping, coffee, doodling, coffee, changing positions, coffee, a fidget such as a gel squeeze ball-I say it is for my arthritis and cramping hands from note taking if asked. Do it under the table or desk though, bugs professors/teachers sometimes. A guietly consumed snack helps too-if allowed in class. Stupid rule if not. IMHO.

Confession, in college i took my laptop and a very few times actually played solitaire during lecture-but sit way in the back. Never do this in high school though. We HS teachers catch you eventually-it is the eyes in the back of our heads. :D

Revz
05-20-07, 10:25 AM
hey i just wanted to say this post is amazing and i plan to use ALL of these suggestions

Paws13
05-20-07, 11:21 AM
You would have to sit in the back AND the front then, according to me and boone ;)

Just playin' :p

boone1
05-20-07, 02:52 PM
You would have to sit in the back AND the front then, according to me and boone ;)

Just playin' :p
lol should be interesting to see.

jittery guy
05-21-07, 10:36 AM
hey guys im glad tyhat this post is helpful but i forgot to tell you something, make sure that u get a book thats not completely enrapturing or u may tune out the lesson entirerly.
Spaz out,
Zachattack