View Full Version : Miracles of Phosphatidyl Serine!!

sparklijelibean
04-08-07, 03:37 PM
Difficult to know how many and which forums to post this on! I have mentioned it before but thought maybe this board would like to hear about our family's experience with Phosphatidyl Serine.

I am adult ADHD diagnosed with 5 kids all on the AS. 3 of them are ADHD like me. During a neurology consultation ( we had to pay!! of course!!) it was suggested that a 'full battery of bloods' were carried out on my 11yr old. The results appeared normal until my bessie mate ( luckily for me an expert in AS) noticed that his SERINE levels were very low, below what is considered to be within normal range. The lab had higlighted it but not commented.

Researching serine (non-essential amino acid) we discovered that it was ESSENTIAL for the neuron development and function. Basically it comes down to protein. Serine is hugely important and whilst we used to get a lot more from food, in today's processed food/supermarket era we get virtually no supplementation. Serine was sourced from animals but with the BCE crisis, it is now sourced from Soya.

PS has many valuable actions. PS appears to inhibit cortisol, this is invaluable for our family as we do tend to become frustrated easily and panic or jump to conclusions ( usually the wrong ones!). Whilst the initial 10second adrenaline rush is still there, it is a relief to know that the amigdyla is not being flooded in turn knocking the hippocampus off! Result is that one can think, remember and keep calm even when the situation becomes difficult. The glycine chain is heavily involved and a molecular biologist would I am sure be able to make simple sense of it all! Sadly I am a nurse and doing the best I can.

PS has no side effects BUT it is not recommended for anyone taking Warfarin or that has an existing blood disorder.

Deciding to purchase it from the www, we tried it on my son and waited.............for 20mins!!! Yea you all heard correctly 20mins and he became less anxious, hyperactive, irritable. He was able to focus, concentrate, felt happier within himself and his stammer was noticeably improved! Not wanting to jump to conclusions too quickly I held my breath. It soon became apparent to those around him including medical professionals that it appeared more successful than the stimulant prescriptive medications ( ritalin, concerta, dex) that we had been using for years.

PS is not only safe, no side effects but it works immediately unlike Omega 3/6 etc. The duration depending on the person is around about 4-5hrs. My son can feel himself running out as he craves sugar and becomes sweaty, hot and irritable. He now asks for it and is aware of the huge difference it makes.

I soon discovered that is worked on me aswell. I feel transformed, calm, appropriate, measured and much more able to cope! Since then we have rallied all our ADHD friends together and they also have tried it, loved it and continue taking it. It is simply remarkable. I have spent many months researching PS and every day I am finding more and more out about it that never fails to take my breath away. This would not appear to be a familial incident, even my Social Workers son is on it now with fantastic results. We have great support from the our medical team. They are gobsmacked by the change in our family!

I did not ever set out to find a natural alternative to stimulant medication. I am a registered nurse and like chemicals! Ritalin etc have I feel a very valuable role in the treatment of ADHD. It gave me the ability to know how it felt to concentrate.I used it as a learning tool, my window of opportunity to still my brain for long enough. I have now no room in our lives for stimulants, ironic really as I have spent my whole life battling for prescriptive stimulants for both me and my children. I did not set out to find PS, it found me. The results with people around me are simply staggering. Seeing is believing and you certainly see the difference right before your eyes. You only need 1 capsule to see and witness the improvement for yourselves.

There are no side effects and there are I am delighted to say Clinical Trials going on as I type in Israel. It would seem that PS has been discovered as a little known treasure that maybe we have overlooked for far too long. They are currently in stage 2 of testing.

I am not saying this is a cure! There is no cure for ADHD. Core sypmptoms can be alleviated and helped and this is precisely the role of PS.

Gosh, sound like an advert for PS, I do not work for the company, I am not a Pharmaceutical rep and I do not have shares in the company that owns the patent!

Oh and by the way the miracles continue as I have no longer any menopausal sweats (thank goodness, I will never diss them again with anyone!). My colon (due for total removal) ravaged by IBS? is now performing beautifully and has been saved.

This post must sound or read completely crazily. I am really not out to upset or give false hope to anyone, I do not want fame or blame BUT guy's this is one to watch, seriously. It is our lifeline. I anticipate being on PS for the rest of my life. I would not want to return to how I felt, behaved and acted ever.

The speed with which PS works is remarkable. I barely still believe it myself. I pinch myself every day just to check that it is true!

I am sure that there will be many sceptics out there as indeed I would possibly have been one of them. All I can do is pass on the information and hope that it may help some of you out there who are currently struggling against not wanting to medicate with stimulants or those of you who are unable to get the medication you feel you need. I know I prefer no side effects via the natural than side effects via the chemical.

I am posting the link for the clinical trials in Israel so you can all make up your own minds on the miracles of PS.

The Efficacy and Safety of Phosphatidylserine-Omega3 in Children With Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00418184?order=1)
Condition: Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD):) :) :)

SB_UK
04-08-07, 04:46 PM
... you would not believe it - but I have been thinking about phosphatidyl choline all day.
Can't remember when last I thought about it.

And so the thoughts kicked in - 8 or 9am UK time ... and then a thread on a sister molecule.

Weird_iss-immo mundo mundo.

Anyhow - off to read your post now - just felt the need to share the coincidence

ps ->- this is how I last drew phosphatidyl choline (it - like the other phosphatidyls - makes up the bilayer membrane of the cell).

.o
//
\\

Have recently been thinking steroid hormones too ...
not specifically today ... just recently - and a very clued up chappy with 326 IQ points PM'd me with some really really really interesting information on - what I guess is a remarkable exaptative role for, testosterone (specifically).
Must stop now - or I'll tangentickle your thread.

:-)

Zach326
04-08-07, 06:02 PM
what a strange coincidence eh?

I guess life is stranger then fiction. :D

dormammau2008
04-08-07, 06:41 PM
In The End If This Emion Acide Workd...porintin Then Thats A Good Then I Keep An Eye On It An Thanks For Posting ##

Dorm

Crackerjack
04-08-07, 09:31 PM
Interesting.

I've tried it and it takes a few days to kick in. What I've noticed is a better memory recall. I don't need to write things down as often to remember them.

That's been the sole effect for me, though.

sparklijelibean
04-09-07, 07:09 AM
Hi, glad to hear so many coincidences and confirmations that there is something in PS.
I have 5 kids, 3 ADHD and me! We all seem to be ring of fire ADHD and it worked immediately on us, actually within 20minutes we felt and looked much better. I wonder if it works slightly differently dependant on the type of ADHD you have. I have noticed that it does not work so well for ADD, the secret seems to be the 'H'!!
There are clinical trials for Parkinsons, Large Tumours and also memory decline in the elderly. I reckon it is brill for Alzheimers and ME, seems like Israel are seriously looking at it aswell. Cannot see any side effects and to be honest we find that PS works BETTER than Ritalin, Concerta, Dex ( we have tried the lot!).
<NOBR>Cached (http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:CVP6vx65DtMJ:www.fabuloussavings.co m/online/us/vitacost/+VITACOST.COM+NATURAL+SOURCES+PHOSPHATIDYL+SERINE+ 500MG+SOFTGEL&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk) - Similar pages (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=related:www.fabuloussavings.com/online/us/vitacost/)</NOBR>
Source Naturals PhosphatidylSerine Complex -- 500 mg - 60 Softgels ... (http://www.vitacost.com/SourceNaturalsPhosSerineComplex)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Vitacost.com - Inc. 500 Award Winner & Hall of Fame Member · Shopping Cart | Checkout ... Source Naturals PhosphatidylSerine Complex -- 500 mg - 60 Softgels ...
www.vitacost.com/SourceNaturalsPhosSerineComplex - 60k - <NOBR>Cached (http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:3vO9Y6RGC78J:www.vitacost.com/SourceNaturalsPhosSerineComplex+VITACOST.COM+NATUR AL+SOURCES+PHOSPHATIDYL+SERINE+500MG+SOFTGEL&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=uk) - Similar pages (http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=related:www.vitacost.com/SourceNaturalsPhosSerineComplex)</NOBR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
This is where I get them from as it seems cheaper. Oh and by the way I do not work for the company!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the replies, it is most interesting. What is Phosphatidyl Choline???
xxx

VisualImagery
04-09-07, 08:51 PM
The FDA approved this as a supplement, and approved certain claims under restricted language. They also left the door wide open to the results of continuing clinical trials.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/ds-ltr36.html (http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/%7Edms/ds-ltr36.html)

I do not take this supplement, just researched it out of curiosity. What if I could not take stimulants anymore? This could be an option! I found it very interesting and it seems there is real potential that is being considered and studied by medical researchers. Is it an absolute? No. Is it possible/probable? Yes.

Why is it possible? It occurs naturally in many foods we eat and the modern diet appears to provide less of PS than the diet of people in the early 20th Century. I am keeping an open mind and may even give it a try. It does not cause any harm and seems to help some people. Obviously not everything helps everyone.

A researched opinion and musing.

emo537
04-10-07, 12:44 AM
Can you take it in addition to other stimulants and various meds?

does it have reactions to meds? if so, what?

I take:
Lexapro
Wellbutrin XL
Adderall
buspirone
guanfacine

thanks,

eric

SB_UK
04-10-07, 03:43 AM
phosphatidyl serine -PS
S-
phosphatidyl choline -PC
C-
phosphatidyl ethanolamine -PE
E-
phosphatidyl inositol -PI
I-

just had a look at PC - and it's listed as a nootropic also.

So - the cell was an important part in our development - a kinda' primeval soup which gained a dish to demarcate its scope.

The --a--circular DNA, --b--the nucleolus, --c--nucleus, --d--cell ->- has this kinda' topology
(-->--d(-->--c(-->--b(-->--a))))

() ->- is the plasma membrane - with PS,PC,PE,PI as the agents which form a barrier between the inner and outer hydrophilic environments.

==o o==
==o o==
==o o==
==o o==

Motion within the PLASMA (note re-use in physics cf nucleus) membrane

So - what're the commonalities between:
C
S
E
I

->- hydrophilic - yes - but the individual component molecules (CSEI) - by virtue of their capacity to hide 'hydrophobicity' from hydrophilicity - are going to prove potentially very suitable candidates for re-use.

Take the I in PI - through the IP3 cascade - it becomes one of not so many transducers of signals from the periphery ->- centre of the cell.

Choline of PC == choline of acetycholine

acetylcholine LIKE PS [PC] ->- effects on the mind
WikiP source ->- choline
"Choline supplements are often taken as a form of 'smart drug' or nootropic, due to the the role that the neurotransmitter acetylcholine plays in various cognition systems within the brain. Choline is a chemical precursor or "building block" needed to produce the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. And research suggests that memory and intelligence are mediated at least in part by acetylcholine metabolism in the brain. The efficacy of these supplements in enhancing cognitive abilities is a topic of continuing debate."

serine
choline
ethanolamine
->- very much like the major food groups of proteins(s), fat(C), carbohydrate(E)
->- ->- ->- number 4 ->- inositol (very much like the nucleotides)
In context of the cell PI unlike PS,PC,PE
->- communication between the outside and inside

Communication is generally characterized as Jim talking to Bob.
Communication (all forms) - is about energy exchange.

When anything is communicated - energy is transduced from one form into another.

Why should PC,PS ->- mental effects.

The nerve cells are cells.
There's a tendency towards grey ->- white cell transitions.

This transition relates to an increase in number of cells potentially placeable within a confined space.
Reduce the size of the cell body - perhaps decrease every component of the the axon, dendrites so that the complex network of neural connections becomes a real ly very very very complex spaghetti meshwork.

How might this be possible.

Perhaps we need to check out the cell membrane constituents of grey vs white vs rest of body neurones to find out whether there's some kinda' transition towards ??increased?? proportions of certain phosphatidyl molecules over others.

I'd guess that if we could align the various molecules based on hydrophilicity - of E,C,S,I - that we'd favour those with increased love of water ...

dunno' though.

ps C3 - phospholipids are composed of a 'glyceride' midrift
glyceride ->- C3

==o o== ->- familiar butterfly structure
Noting that a consequence of the formation of the butterfly - is the channel - for communication - opening communication likes
==o | o==
==o | o==
==o | o==
==o | o==
==o | o==
==o v o==

In this case - then - we observe the motion of the environment into ever complex structures - using 'communication' to generate higher levels of abstraction as we descend into the cell ie
->- ->- ->-
(-->--d(-->--c(-->--b(-->--a))))
evolution delivers d,c,b,a ... in that order.

So why do PS, PC? appear to work on mental behaviours?

Presumably an exaptative mechanism - built on previous experience on the high bioavailability of these molecules ->- both taken in - both available as supplements.

If I had to guess - it would have to relate to an essential part of the transition from large (in space) neurones ->- thinner neural axons and dendrites - as a necessary consequence of developing a more complex brain{mind}.

Still thinking ... ... ...

SB_UK
04-10-07, 03:55 AM
_
_ -> -

The transition above would require:

*increased structural stability (since they're decreasing in size) of the electrical wires of mind
*increased insulation of the electrical wires of mind
-*-
*increased speed of transmission along our internal wiring system would be nice
*as would decreased 'dead-time' between firing be nice

guesswork:
PI is of no real us in this scenario - we're not interested in this form of 'second messenger' - all we require is activation or communication at the synapse - the lines between synapses may be entirely dedicated to simply transmitting signal.
The intercommunicating lines - need not communicate with the external environment.
In fact - would do a better job if they did not communicate with their immediate esternal physical environment.

Drop PI,
and drop PE - transition away from carbs into lipid usage - noting that lipids represent a far more efficient storage medium - 'pound for pound' vs either amino acids or carbs (in context of metabolism).

Evolution ->- lipid usage therefore makes sense.
Particularly to lipid usage in the brain, mind - to dissociate mind,brain from requirements for power from blood borne simple carbs from the periphery.

Prefrontal
04-10-07, 07:53 AM
I did a bunch of reading on PS years ago and here's the short version:

Studies that were done used an animal-derived (from bovines) version of PS that showed some effect. However, bovine-derived PS is not available for sale.

The PS that's derived from lecithin - the kind you can buy, and is often hawked on the www - has not been shown to be as effective. It's not uncommon for sales pitches to omit the distinction from animal vs lecithin derived PS.

Two very good sources of PS are supposedly Mackerel and Herring. The supplement pushers never talk about this. Unfortunately, Mackerel is awful tasting, and Herring is quite salty. I've tried both, and I really can't comment on the long-term effect because I get tired of the taste of either of these fishes very fast!

But if any new info has come to light on all this since I read up on it, somebody please post it.

sparklijelibean
04-10-07, 07:26 PM
Hi there, got loads of information about PS. If anyone wants me to email more still to them as attachements just yell.

This is some stuff that you all may find interesting!:)

SharpPSTM GOLD- read more

December 1, 2004

Enzymotec announces a novel DHA delivery systems to prevent cognitive
decline

Recently, Enzymotec together with Prof. Inna Weiner, Dean of the
Faculty of Social Sciences at the Tel Aviv University, presented a
clinical study showing a significant effect on the cognitive
performance in elderly rat model generated by using a superior
lipid-based delivery systems for DHA.

DHA has been known to be one of the prominent building-blocks of our
brain cells' membrane. However, common treatment of cognitive
impairment with DHA provides only a marginal effect. One of the reasons
lies in its relatively poor bioavailability to the cerebral tissues.
In this study, using the chemical agent scopolamine, which accelerates
the processes of cognitive aging, by inducing amnesia, impaired the
cognitive abilities of middle-aged rats. Several groups of rats were
fed with traditional sources of DHA while others received novel
lipid-based delivery platforms carrying DHA.
“We were able to demonstrate that simple DHA derivatives, such as fish
oil, could not attenuate scopolamine's rapid aging effect. Contrary to
that, our DHA delivery systems provide a more effective protection from
this substance. Interestingly, the effect was induced while using only
one third of the active ingredient concentration, compared to previous
publications,” says Dr. Dori Pelled, Director of Clinical Studies at
Enzymotec. “In fact, our new DHA delivery systems empower DHA by
increasing its bioavailability to the brain and by performing
synergistically with its carrier. Thus, a significant improvement in
various cognitive and behavioral patterns such as memory, learning and
mood is achieved.”
Brain and cognitive health are main fields for Enzymotec's strategy.
the company have already started to conduct a human clinical trial,
which is based on these results and intend to conduct an additional
human trial with a different target group shortly.

Says Dr. Ariel Katz, Enzymotec’s CEO: "Seniors often experience a
progressive decline in cognitive function. It typically begins with
short-term memory loss and a decrease in the ability to learn new
information. Simple memory deficits, if not addressed, could
deteriorate over time.
Our new delivery systems can now offer a better way to reverse the
aging effects ".

In the last year, in the field of cognitive health, Enzymotec has
developed a supreme phosphatidylserine (PS) product line: SharpPS, an
exclusive grade of high quality PS for brain health; OmegaPS, which
combines PS with omega-3. Recently, Enzymotec also developed high grade
lecithin and PS which meet current European GMO-free standards.

Enzymotec is a biotech company, which develops advanced, innovative
lipid-based ingredients for the nutraceuticals and functional foods
markets.
©2005 Enzymotec Corporation. All rights reserved.
read our Terms of Use & Limited Liability State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[01.06]
Enzymotec launches a dietary solution to ADHD/ADD in kids

A recent clinical study conducted at the Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical
Center, has demonstrated the great potential of a natural, safe and
effective alternative to those who are concerned from the psychiatric
stimulators commonly used for ADHD treatment.

"In this double-blind, placebo-controlled trial, performed on 90 ADHD
children, we have shown that a daily consumption of a unique natural
lipid-based carrier, lead to a significant improvement of their
cognitive performance, as observed by the TOVA test scores" says Dr.
Dori Pelled, Director of Clinical Research at Enzymotec. "The fact that
this novel ingredient is based on decades of research in the field of
brain-lipids and their relation to cognition, leads us to high
confidence in these results" concludes Dr. Pelled.

Attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is the most common
chronic disorder in children. It affects roughly 4-7% of the children
population, and is thought to accompany 50-60% of the children even
after maturation. "Until today no one has been able to explain the
rapid emergence and growth of this indication" says Enzymotec CEO, Dr.
Ariel Katz. The use of ADHD drugs (mainly Ritalin and Concerta) is
strongly criticized by parents who resent their sedative effect and
fear that it will have a negative impact on the child's self-image and
normal maturation. Additional concerns are their side-effects which are
mainly loss of appetite and troubled sleep. "We are certain that the
market is ready for an effective, safe and science-based supplement.
Unfortunately, so far supplements such as iron or DHA have shown
marginal effect only. In our study we have used a chocolate spread for
delivering our ingredient to the kids, so we are confident that our
novel supplement can be delivered in a variety of user-friendly forms
appealing to kids such as syrups or chewable tablets" concludes Dr.Katz.

Enzymotec is an Israeli biotech company, developing bio-functional
nutraceuticals among which are: SharpPS for improving cognitive
performance in the elderly, InFat for balanced nutrition in infant
formulas and CardiaBeat for reducing CVD risks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I researched PS and it seems to have possiblilities and the FDA approved it as a supplement. Other clinical studies are being conducted now. Here is the FDA's letter from 2003.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/ds-ltr36.html (http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/ds-ltr36.html)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>4 studies were found. <INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=pg><INPUT type=hidden value=ResultScreen name=source></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width="96%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=baseline><TD align=right width="2%">1.</TD><TD align=middle width="3%"><INPUT type=checkbox value=NCT00437983 name=title0></TD><TD align=left width="3%">Not yet recruiting</TD><TD align=left width="80%">The Efficacy of Phosphatidylserine-Omega3 in Elderly With Age Associated Memory Impairment (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00437983?order=1)
Condition: Age Associated Memory Impairment</TD></TR><TR vAlign=baseline><TD align=right width="2%">2.</TD><TD align=middle width="3%"><INPUT type=checkbox value=NCT00418184 name=title1></TD><TD align=left width="3%">Recruiting</TD><TD align=left width="80%">The Efficacy and Safety of Phosphatidylserine-Omega3 in Children With Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00418184?order=2)
Condition: Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)</TD></TR><TR vAlign=baseline><TD align=right width="2%">3.</TD><TD align=middle width="3%"><INPUT type=checkbox value=NCT00364728 name=title2></TD><TD align=left width="3%">Recruiting</TD><TD align=left width="80%">PSRand MFG-E8 Polymorphism in RA and SLE (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00364728?order=3)
Conditions: SLE; Rheumatoid Arthritis; Healthy Subjects</TD></TR><TR vAlign=baseline><TD align=right width="2%">4.</TD><TD align=middle width="3%"><INPUT type=checkbox value=NCT00129337 name=title3></TD><TD align=left width="3%">Recruiting</TD><TD align=left width="80%">Study of Bavituximab in Patients With Advanced Solid Tumor Malignancies (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00129337?order=4)
Condition: Tumors</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE width="98%"><TBODY><TR><TD><INPUT type=submit value="Display Selected Studies" name="Display Selected Studies"></TD></TR><TR><TD><INPUT type=hidden value=1 name=pg><INPUT type=hidden value=ResultScreen name=source>

Hope that is enough to be going on with, check out Dr Tom De Koning Utrecht University Netherlands aswell, he has done research on Serine in ASC!

Also there have been tests and trials in Italy relating to PS with Alzheimers.

Google Timmy Bingham and Prof Peter Clayton Great Ormond St Hospital London and you will find that a lad, confined to a wheelchair with only blinking as his form of communciation was treated with L Serine and in 6mths is talking, singing and even moving his toes!!

The PATENT of Serine is owned by a company aswell! Cycloserine is the only antibiotic that I know helps with depression!! Duh!!:confused:
:) :) :)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Jackinbox
04-10-07, 11:20 PM
It's been on my shopping list for a long time. What's your dosage?

sparklijelibean
04-11-07, 04:05 AM
Hi, I am 48 and ring of fire ADHD, I take 500mg PS every 4-5hrs. Usually I take 500mg 4xdaily taking my dose up to 2gms and my sons take 500mg x3 day. On long days or special occasions when they are not going to bed early for school, we give 4xday.

Just remember the duration is only 4-5hrs so you need topping up. I am hoping they bring a slow release one out!! Gets a bit expensive with all of us on it!

Hope that helps. The maximum dose for Serine is 2gms day although PS has only 100mg Serine in each softgel.

Hope that helps! X

SB_UK
04-11-07, 04:16 AM
hmmm...
...without any doubt - man is defined on the basis of mind.
We need a mechanism for mind - to explain
not only ADD
not only mental diseases
not only diseases
not only man
not only life
not only the known Universe
but the line between the knowable and the unknowable.

[wikiP - NMDA receptor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMDA_receptor)]
The NMDA receptors are critical in the mechanism permitting
synaptic plasticity, neuroplasticity

Synaptic plasticity, neuroplasticity are critical in
learning,memory

Learning,memory are the storage of data within the data structure of mind

The data structure of mind is an organization of data which takes place based around [wikiP-Hebbian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebbian)] Hebbian principles - which I have been taught here mean - 'fire together - wire together.'

'Fire together - wire together' defines an organizing principle in which a logical structure WILL be generated of information organized by 'similarity' - an organizing principle - a principle for the structure of mind as data structure of rrreality.

It is important to state that the evolution of man represents an evolution of this structure and that 'metamodel web' ---Stabile--- - on ADDF will turn up a number of explanations of the 'web'
->- the generalized architecture of data structure of mind of ADDer (13 space representation of rrreality).

Hebbian principles are in turn governed by the observation that the {mind,brain} wants to fire -<- the drive which pulls our evolution forwards
... the {mind,brain} wants to fire because the ensuing 'neurotransmission' or electricity surging through our central nervous system leads to a
'more energetically favourable state' ->- tackled elsewhere on [ADDF:science forum] in rather some detail.

So that's the structure - now:
NMDA receptors and their role in this process.

Most amino acids are L-amino acids.

Which is why N methyl D-aspartic acid receptors would appear a strange observation to make.

Back to:
[wikiP - NMDA receptor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NMDA_receptor)]

1-Importantly (to be returned to later RE:need for both in synaptic-/neuro- plasticity)
"The NMDA receptor is interesting in that it is both ligand-gated and voltage-dependent."

2-However, more importantly here
a-DHA (to be returned to later RE : observation of fatty acid effects on CNS - the omega fatty acid story and effects on cognition; DHA as the arms of PS,PC - perhaps?)
b-Serine (to be considered here :-) )
L-glutamate
glycine - ***NON-CHIMAERIC***
and therefore able to surrogate for the need for an 'everted' structure
->-
The clue - the observation that D-serine is a more effective co-agonist for efficient opening of the NMDA ion channel.

The ion channel resides as a black hole between two 'inverted' structure
.L-GLU...D-SER
...|...........|
..V.........V
{}|{} -->-- NMDA receptor
{}v
ion motion

Ion motion is 'communication'.
Rendering communication as a Universal phenomenon - thrown in with Universality of definition of
'evolution'
'physiology'
'social structures (community,sociology)'

{}|{} ->- the familiar structure of emergence of something a little 'special'

***Noting that***
D-serine has also been found to co-agonize the NMDA receptor with even greater potency than glycine.
D-serine is produced by serine racemase in astrocyte cells and is enriched in the same areas as NMDA receptors.
Removal of D-serine can block NMDA mediated excitatory neurotransmission in many areas.
Recently, it has been shown that D-serine is also synthesized in neurons, indicating a role for neuron-derived D-serine in NMDA receptor regulation.
[mine]

And that these lines of evidence (all covered on ADDF)

Common NMDA Receptor Antagonists include:
* Dextromethorphan
* Ketamine
* Phencyclidine

corroborate this point ...

->-->-->- points ->-->-->- to exactly the same observation
- of a critical role for the emergent 'symplectic' structure of the butterfly of the NMDA receptor in conferring upon us the emergent property of 'mind' - and that

... yes ...
although special ...
...that the mind is generated ...
this model for mind renders the mind as a valid instantiation of the central process
... of the central Universal single process (with reasoning 3d-4d-13d offered elsewhere on ADDF)
...that although the mind appears a little special to us
that it *isn't* particularly, when regarded from the slightly bigger picture
... the bigger picture which (of course) - places us
and everything we are - as the product of natural process(es) ...

... and not the idle produce of some super race of roboticonniwibbles who're playing 'Gods' with us as their pawns (on their new games console version 3413).

Nopedy doo daa - in truth, it seems that
- the seemingly 'too good to be true'
- it all seems to make too much sense to be 'random'
- the intelligence

... the seeming logic which pervades the whole thing (everything) [[[- that's the truest usage of 'everything' possible]]]
... true :-)

->- the seeming 'logical nature' (perfection,beauty,intelligent architecture) is on account of logic being (in effect) - the closest of 1:1 partners with the geometric structure of external RRReality - the Y shape or 'choice'.
A decision
... fork in the road.

And that the Universe - everything - is governed by a single governign principle - of emergent energetic evolution which leads to the mergence of all things by incorporation of energy and subsequent alteration of structure, through 3 dimensional, 4 dimensional and 13 dimensional forms ...
... prior to repetition of the whole processes
over
and over
again ...
[Emergent Energetic Evolution is covered extensively on ADDF - so I'll stop there oi vey!!! what does rrr EEE and RRR spell

(pronounced rear) ->-
->- Dudes - we have been a bit silly (not the rear end bit).

The basis to reality
Most of this is just plain obvious.

Oi vey!

What a 'to-do' :-) we've put ourselves through.

Over soon though - eh?

hey!

Yay!!!

and can we play out more now.

ooo go on.

It's really nice out.

Whether it's raining or cold
Or snowing or sunny
or overcast or winter
or summer or alone
or with your kids or dog

---{{{btw}}}---RHCP---

' ...and in this perfect weather
fly away on a zephyr

I feel it more than ever
we'll found that place together

... ... ... letting the world just pass us by

up on high
aviator
we're gonna live for ever

hey !!!

we've found that place together...'

---{{{btw}}}---RHCP---

sparklijelibean
04-11-07, 08:18 AM
Thought you may be interested to know that I am getting feedback from a lot of FM's on this and other boards. It would seem that those with ADHD are getting the same miraculous results as my family have seen. The bigger the 'H' the better it works!

Thank you SB for your very interesting last post, totally agree with your concluding sentiments! It all seems so simple!! What a wake up call! Nothing seems impossible anymore, we feel alive for the first time in our lives.

Let us all hope that this will help many more out there. Thank you so much for all your messages and posts. We will get there in the end! This is just the beginning! :)

SB_UK
04-11-07, 03:49 PM
just the beginning
{tbc}

... :-) ...

Jackinbox
04-11-07, 07:08 PM
I ordered some from www.1fast400.com (http://www.1fast400.com/). I ordered the "Now Foods" brand. You can also order in bulk and cap it your self to cut the cost. I will report back in a few weeks about my experience.

http://www.1fast400.com/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=e5c8b34cb45dce78 370b481f7a2fc346&keywords=Phosphatidyl+&x=13&y=6

qinkin
04-12-07, 02:59 AM
Phosphatidyl Serineunsure, this is all quite new. Especially, for actual ADHD treatment, however, experience says that

Phosphatidyl Serinecan cause great affects. Strange, it's OMega-3 (an essential fatty-acid (actually, typo from above, anyway!) the whole body responds to the OM-3, in an interesting way, maybe fully in a beneficial way, looks and all. Complexion may appear to improve, and this affects the feelings, and what else?

But, no es an essential amino acid, to make things clear and fancy-dancy.

ha ha.

***Noting that***
D-serine has also been found to co-agonize the NMDA receptor with even greater potency than glycine.
D-serine is produced by serine racemase in astrocyte cells and is enriched in the same areas as NMDA receptors.
Removal of D-serine can block NMDA mediated excitatory neurotransmission in many areas.
Recently, it has been shown that D-serine is also synthesized in neurons, indicating a role for neuron-derived D-serine in NMDA receptor regulation.
[mine]

And that these lines of evidence (all covered on ADDF)

Common NMDA Receptor Antagonists include:
* Dextromethorphan
* Ketamine
* Phencyclidine
indeed, ketamine! ohhoho! now, do not let thigns get bold, beware!!

so, leaving now.. . . :o

qinkin
04-12-07, 03:13 AM
Hope that helps. The maximum dose for Serine is 2gms day although PS has only 100mg Serine in each softgel.it's good to take 2-1000mg doses, per day, of OM3, pills.

*no dr, jes' goin' by info.

also, to back up the previous post, as OM3, essential acid, it is an essential *nutrient

Therefore, α-linolenic acid is an essential nutrient (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_nutrient) which must be obtained from food, and the other omega-3 fatty acids which can be either synthesized from it within the body or obtained from food are sometimes also referred to as essential nutrients. <table style="text-align: left;" border="2" cellpadding="4" height="431" width="520"><tbody><tr><th>Common name</th> <th>Lipid name</th> <th>Chemical name</th> </tr> <tr> <td>α-Linolenic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-linolenic_acid) (ALA)</td> <td>18:3 (n-3)</td> <td>octadeca-9,12,15-trienoic acid</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Stearidonic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stearidonic_acid)</td> <td>18:4 (n-3)</td> <td>octadeca-6,9,12,15-tetraenoic acid</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Eicosatetraenoic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eicosatetraenoic_acid)</td> <td>20:4 (n-3)</td> <td>eicosa-8,11,14,17-tetraenoic acid</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Eicosapentaenoic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eicosapentaenoic_acid) (EPA)</td> <td>20:5 (n-3)</td> <td>eicosa-5,8,11,14,17-pentaenoic acid</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Docosapentaenoic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docosapentaenoic_acid)</td> <td>22:5 (n-3)</td> <td>docosa-7,10,13,16,19-pentaenoic acid</td> </tr> <tr> <td>Docosahexaenoic acid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Docosahexaenoic_acid) (DHA)</td> <td>22:6 (n-3)</td> <td>docosa-4,7,10,13,16,19-hexaenoic aci</td></tr></tbody></table>

the great list of OM3 fatty acids. wah-la.

peace

and this catches the eyes at the last tic. .

The essential fatty acids (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_fatty_acid) comprise the omega-3 and -6 methylene-interrupted fatty acids.

SB_UK
04-12-07, 05:45 AM
Two very good sources of PS are supposedly Mackerel and Herring.== oily fish

oily fish ->-
->- is high in protein too; serine, serine everywhere
oily fish because of its OM (g) ->- effects OM-3, omega 3 fa(s)oily fish appear to rock our world.
oily fish were our world?
http://www.beaverislandarts.com/typo3temp/pics/52d6d9eb79.jpg
Yin & Yang: unframed original

Prefrontal
04-12-07, 07:55 AM
I typed "Sharp PS" mentioned earlier in this thread into Google, and it's just another soy-based PS - it doesn't seem to have anything to do with fish (unless if they're mixing it with fish oil - which anyone can buy separately)

Here's at least one article that claims soy-based PS to be ineffective, there's probably more:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_258/ai_n8592714

qinkin
04-12-07, 12:33 PM
caterpillar (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Linolenic-acid-3D-vdW.png/300px-Linolenic-acid-3D-vdW.png) (s)

phantom caterpillars. The caterpillar mimick molecules.

oily fish were our world?
doubting this, cuz presently, no evidence can show that fish are descendants.

bTW, there is FLAXSEED OM-3 capsules. Finding these on the counter this morning, lucky day!

However, some studies suggest that these plant sources may be less effective than oily fish. The most effective component of Omega-3 fatty acids is docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and to a lesser extent eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). The fatty acids in flaxseed oil and other plant oils contain only the precursor to DHA and EPA, alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), but they do not contain DHA and EPA themselves, so the body must convert the ALA into DHA and EPA. A healthy person's body converts only 19% of the ALA, and this figure falls when a person is elderly, unfit or ill. Since plant sources already contain smaller quantities of fatty acids than oily fish, this means that a much greater amount of the plant sources must be consumed in order to equal the effects of a smaller amount of oily fish.
despite this, it is unclear: that deriving the OM-3 from teh flaxseed (originating), taken in soft-gels-w/other food, is less effective than the concentrate and purification process soft-gel (fish oils) w/food and water, of course as well.

:)

SB_UK
04-12-07, 03:34 PM
we are not fish people
wikiP_Essential nutrient
includes:
vanadium ->- ascidian jelly fish

sea squirts
The water enters the mouth and pharynx, flows through mucus-covered gill slits (also called pharyngeal stigmata) into a water chamber called the atrium, then exits through the atrial siphon.[mine]

eh Bubu?
[post (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26051&page=10&pp=40&highlight=coel)]
Quote: <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by qk
we get lost in the sea
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by tams
jellyfish
morphology
kinda like {{}} -<- the eversion (I think, Zach) - of emergent evolution
->- coel ->- coelacanth ->- lungfish
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
----------------------------------------

chamber ->- coel

----------------------------------------

no ... Captain BirdsEye

---it ends here---

- rewrite evolution at your peril
- profit from misinformation -
'OIII!!! Birdseye - look yourself straight in the face'
... and say

'fish have fingers'

(with sincerity)
{{certainty}}
[[[... conviction]]]

'you can't do it now,
now can you?'

'no, you really can't'

fool.

SB_UK
04-12-07, 05:35 PM
[source (http://community.livejournal.com/scyphistoma/4399.html)]
Plain, Simple, Primitive? Not the Jellyfish
C. Zimmer
Published: June 21, 2005

In some ways, cnidarians are a better model for human biology than fruit flies. As strange as it may seem, gazing at a jellyfish in an aquarium is a lot like looking in the mirror.

SB_UK
04-12-07, 05:43 PM
medusa (one of 3three3 gorgons) ==

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ngLg11BexaToLM:http://www.illusionsgallery.com/medusa-L.jpg

medusa ==

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7htGJt__Xh0q3M:http://www.3dvalley.com/gallery/d/1245-2/medusa.jpg

+ - ->- stone
or recreation by emergence of that emergent structure (olivine) -
which seeded life on planet Earth -
stomatolite

abstraction layer geology ->- biology
hitching a ride on a passing carbonaceous chondrite

olivine (stone) seeking to re-establish itself on its new home.

Planet Earth.

'Earthling'
'Yes alien life form'
'You OK ... son ...?...'

SB_UK
04-13-07, 05:11 AM
The caterpillar mimick molecules.
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/sb_camsci/ballbearings.gifhttp://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/sb_camsci/ballbearingss.gifhttp://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/sb_camsci/ballbearingsss.gif

[indirect ADDF (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=392484&postcount=151) source]

{} <--> ()//{}
{} <--> ()//
{} <--> ()/
{} -- ()

->-

.....................................http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/sb_camsci/blue_entrance__red_exit.gif

{}-()-{}

->-

.....................................http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/sb_camsci/duoghnutsII.gif

amythyst
04-13-07, 01:27 PM
I was researching PS and although there are no serious side effects, it is possible that it acts as a blood thinner or can enhance the effects of other blood thinners...so use caution if you take PS with prescribed blood thinners or if you take garlic, ginko or vitamin E supplements. There's not a lot of research into the effects of plant based PS supporting or denying these claims, but it is important to use caution with anything you ingest.

Just wanted to note this isn't a claim against using PS, I am all for trying methods other than stimulants or prescription meds...just wanted to help inform people thinking about trying it.

SB_UK
04-13-07, 03:53 PM
gutter
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:z1nFNoH3DBCEiM:http://www.maths.qmul.ac.uk/%7Eade/sldimages/escher.waterfall.jpg
water
(photocopying its butt - both naked and covered (in emergent robes)
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/sb_camsci/ballbearings.gif
balls bearing
gifts

... the journey, my boy!
the journey
(is allz)

SB_UK
04-13-07, 04:09 PM

'a caterpillar hole?' '... no, that's not quite right' 'a caterpillar hole?' '... no, that's not quite right' 'a worm hole?' '... by jove - that's brilliant!' 'a worm hole?'
'... yes

waaarrrther

... ... ... good show, Arbuthnot'
Is it tea time yet?

qinkin
04-13-07, 04:18 PM
yes, remembering now, having no idea what thread that is, but that is a reassurance, cuz' that thread is definitely real, ahh that's better. (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=392484&postcount=151)

the journey
(is allz)

(maybe some insight is in here (Torture .. (Chili's)_------------------- IOWs
what knoweledge? want it bad? torture? forcin'-torture?
torture -please!
leaves turning brown, wind pushes it around.
torture-forcin',
forcin'
will of whatever,
turn it up,
dumb it down,
the wind pushes it around
go!,
whaaaaaoooo!
torture and torture, forcin' it, so torture it please
w/sorcery,torture it please.
____+_+____________
thatis interesting. eh, eh? what is in this? hrrm.. .

as the caterpillar eats the healthy leaves. turning them brown. too many caterpillars on one leaf, is not good news for the leaf.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8e/Euchaetes_eglePCCA20060825-6935B.jpg/200px-Euchaetes_eglePCCA20060825-6935B.jpg

a blend of caterpillar and leaf, muahaha.

(lightning flashes) it's alive! it is rewrittten.

fish, possibly, yes, it's logical.

gifts
ah ah ha. yeah, ok. . truely, ya, cool.

SB_UK
04-13-07, 05:22 PM

Getting from A to B in the image above - requires a minimum of three exquisitely defined turns.
... three exquisitely defined turns - neatly described by our lovely assistant ...

'everybody'
'... ... ...'
'put your hands together - for Vitamin E'

[indirect ADDF source (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=399086&postcount=367)]
vitamin E ... with three chiral centers
OM(g)-three

Getting from A to B in the image above - requires a minimum of three exquisitely defined turns .

Ooo - do me now
Getting from A to B in the image above - requires a minimum of three exquisitely defined turns ... Earthlings

Today's episode of Sesame Street was sponsored by the number[i]
three
and the letter
epsilon
3/_ _ _ /
3/_ _ _\
3/_ _ _ |
3/_ _ _ |
3/_ _ _ |[i]

333http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:dDNOIAtVKSkbbM:http://www.decodeunicode.org/data/glyph/196x196/03B5.gif

SB_UK
04-13-07, 05:32 PM
whoopsy

A to B
... is blue to red or vv [in that {{{caterpillar, butterfly}}} image]

or, crown to roots in the jelllymushfish

room ... :-)

...........A...

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:7htGJt__Xh0q3M:http://www.3dvalley.com/gallery/d/1245-2/medusa.jpg

...B...

SB_UK
04-13-07, 05:45 PM
...not good news for the leaf.

->- leads to ->-

~emergence~

caterpillar+leaf ->- butterfly
... prosaic emergent patterns displayed by the over exuberant eliciting emergency by their over-exuberance.
Prosaic, though - heck ...

'everyone's a winner'
'roll up, roll up, roll up'

'Holy sweaty spheres Batman!'
'Robin ... birddude - that, I *did* not need to know'

SB_UK
04-13-07, 05:49 PM
Over exuberance is to be rewarded.

Overly overt over exuberance though requires prosaic re-alignment.

qinkin
04-13-07, 06:26 PM
the 8 is a celebration
even during the evacuation,
there is skating!

even the dragon is here!
the dragon eats its tail!

Overly overt over exuberance
ahh! incredible, not to mention, uncredible. amazing.

vv- magickal .

evolution, a term w/only just a V,

ViVe- has more V's/to offer, than eVolution (not a game worth the candle, sorry, not by itself anyway)

vive= life/lives (in the present) (en espanol, deriving from Latin, Aramaic, and Sanskrit, most likely)

life= Overly overt over exuberance, wait a tics.

The state that precedes death (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/death) and follows birth (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/birth) or conception (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/conception).

speech
to live (third-person singular simple present lives (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lives), present participle living (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/living),
To have permanent residence.
To survive, to persevere, to continue .
To be alive; to have life (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/life).
3 is also a tree!!

3 free,
3be,
3tea,
3pea,
3gee!

sparklijelibean
04-13-07, 07:39 PM
Very good point re PS and blood disorders, I think I did mention it somewhere but it is good to reiterate. Beware also warfarin users, PS is not a good substance to mix with this.

Better safe than sorry!

qinkin
04-13-07, 09:17 PM
ooo go on.

It's really nice out.insisting, well, ok.. . garsh. .

stepping in, deflnity allowing right now,

accepting walk-ins. . more or less. .

Beware also warfarin yesyes. :soapbox:

hands together - for Vitamin E'222 bukcly shoes.

>- leads to ->-

~emergence~
of course, says horse.

Holy sweaty spheres
yah, holey, get it?, as the bird tweets

since in RRReality, the past is not emergent, it falls behind the present, and the future falls behind, just as well. And w/ADD, past-future, starts to forgets it.

For good, ultimately, finally,:rolleyes: of course.