View Full Version : Teenage Girls

Mrjello
04-11-07, 08:10 PM
hello was j/w if like ADHD affected girls differently then guys

not even sure if you can answer this question lol

personly i think if i could find a girl who was pretty with ADHD my life would be freaking fun as heck

because adhd can be cool at times :D def with others who have it so your not alone and plus its 2x the adhd so its super fun

man this post is sooooo ADHDish

Didi
04-11-07, 09:37 PM
I found its hard to find any guys who can keep up with me!

brittalitt
04-16-07, 09:51 PM
hahah i agree with Didi none of my boyfriends were able to keep up, i'm always to 'crazy' for them. hahah not sure if you could handle it.

rebelgymnast28
05-15-07, 11:34 PM
yeah hot ADHD guys contact me! lol

auntchris
05-16-07, 11:21 AM
Check this thread out. It was orginally posted by Andrew are fearly administrator... heehe Andrew. I hope this helps. there are some helpful links in the article .
You may also want to www.google.com (http://www.google.com/) " ADHD boys and girls differences" or something to that effect .

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18180&highlight=adhd+affect+boys+girls

Fraz_2006
05-16-07, 06:26 PM
My last g/f had ADHD (hyperactive type) and she was far from fun, all she done was shout at me all the time, then she dumps me off for some other plonker. :(

Didi
06-03-07, 01:44 AM
Don't sweat is Fraz, by the sound of it, she was no good to you anyway.

Johnnny
06-03-07, 12:19 PM
whats up with the teenage girls reading those magazines on how you can please your man? Shouldnt girls at that age be doing other ings besides getting ready to have sex? MAbye im outta the loop on that one:confused:. Were has the world gone?

Paws13
06-03-07, 06:24 PM
whats up with the teenage girls reading those magazines on how you can please your man? Shouldnt girls at that age be doing other ings besides getting ready to have sex? MAbye im outta the loop on that one:confused:. Were has the world gone?
Tell me about it; that drives me insane x_x If your "man" isn't pleased with you the way you are, then he's a doofus. No need to look like Madonna.

Anyway, I have yet to have a BF, but I've seen it happen to my friends. ADHD girls were usually too fast for them, and normally too immature. Not to say all of them are like that.

auntchris
06-04-07, 06:46 PM
http://www.kidshealth.org/kid/

check this out it is especially of kids, teens and parents. I love this site.

Vhan
06-05-07, 01:20 PM
LMAO, HAHAHAH, I have dated two girls in my lifetime, the first, had O.D.D, and the second had ADHD......

The girl with ADHD was SO..MUCH..FUN!

Seriousley, this girl, was INCREADABLEY AWESOME

I used to hang out with a group of ADDers (there were 4 of us, along with outher people with all kinds of disorders) .,..and man...there was NEVER a dull moment...

I would actually go so far as to say, that if I ever married a girl, she would proabley have ADD, becase that is proabley the only way i wouldn[t find her too boaring for myself

True :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnny

Tell me about it; that drives me insane x_x If your "man" isn't pleased with you the way you are, then he's a doofus. No need to look like Madonna.

Anyway, I have yet to have a BF, but I've seen it happen to my friends. ADHD girls were usually too fast for them, and normally too immature. Not to say all of them are like that
Yea, teenage magazines are on my "top ten list of things that need to be destroyed"

I mean...I actually like it when my GF doesn't wear make-up...when she shows some amount of respect for herself,

I mean, these magizeines pretty much say this "If you don't have X-amount of guys wanting to sleep with you, try destroying your body to look pretty, if that doesn't work, try getting a plastic body instead"

Didi
06-11-07, 01:27 AM
FINALLY!! I have found a group of people who hate those stupid magazines as much as I do, where have you all been hiding all of my life?!! I mean, everyone talks big about not selling yourself short, and being more then just a pretty face, but why are people scorned for actually doing it?

Vhan
06-11-07, 01:39 PM
but why are people scorned for actually doing it?
Good point Didi,

Proabley because the vast majority of people see more of a point to wakeing up 2-hours before they have to leave just to put on make up, outher then,

Makeing good friends,
Understanding themselfs and outhers,
Makeing plans for the future,

I mean, the list goes on,

of course those kind of people are going to scorn the kind of people who don't fit in with that idea,

the idea of, status quo of how many boys want to sleep with her,
the idea of how many girls this guy has "done"

I'm shure that sex is the main focal point of many of the major magizines, and I call cosmos a teen magizine,

People who don't agree with those ideas, are scored because, simply they are diffrent.

It disgusts me,

Thats why I finally went abstanant,

trust me Didi, you definitley found someone who hates those magazines as much as you do!!!

AdoptaPirate
07-29-07, 12:42 PM
Well the reilization is that thoes magazines will not be going away, same with all thoes TV shows and other ad's. A billion dollar industry is here to stay and even grow.

And aslong as they are around, our idea of "pretty" will be affected, and it affects us from birth. There is nothing wrong with trying to take care of yourself, or wearing makeup, or buying fancy clothes. Of course people can take them tot he extreme, but hey, do whatever makes you happy, so dont waste it worrying about what other people do with theirs.

Now, to the first post... adhd girls and such can be a blast yes, but it takes the right guy to be able to have a sustained relationship with them. I've "dated/seen" maybe 3-4 adhd girls, and none of them lasted more than a couple months. We had a heck of a lot of fun, but the arguments were nonstop (I also take a certain girl to have a sustained relationship with, so I stop'd seeing anyone I thought wasnt independant and emotionally weak).

Didi
10-08-07, 01:39 AM
That is a very good point. I LOVE a good argument, and if you can't sit there and argue with me over wheather captain crunch would win over count chocula in a fight, then you might as well not waste your time.

ergop
10-08-07, 09:34 PM
I think a guy with ADHD would be awesome... I know one with just plan ADD and he's already great fun to be around. Now just to find an intelligent adhd guy - #1 on my to-do list =)

Arei
11-08-07, 08:24 PM
I've yet to find a guy that could keep up with me, or that understands me or appreciates me for me. I don't think I will ever find what I want or need in a teenage guy, looks like I'm gonna have to wait awhile D=

I do have a crush on this one guy, i've never been able to tell him though. I like him alot, and for the most part I normally I wouldn't want a boyfriend shorter then me, but hes great (and he'll probably catch up and pass me by alot XD).

I want a guy with a sense of humor, but not some bouncing off the walls acting like an immature dork telling dirty sex jokes all the time.

I do have ADHD but I'm really far from hyper, I have had few hyper times... mostly because I'm not happy, I only get hyper when I'm really happy D=

I don't get why guys DON'T like me. Aside from the fact that I'm tall and that automatically intimidates some guys. I'm not fat, am I too outgoing or something? Do ALL guys want a fragile girl and not one that is strong physically and with words? A guy in one of my classes (so not my type though =X he is annoying as hell) is baffled that I've never had a boyfriend, since I'm so smart and hot (yay for being called hot XD). So many people tell me I'm fun to be around and I'm a good person, but I don't have any good friends anymore and never a boyfriend...

I'm always the best I can be an do everything I can for my friends, support em, comfort em... but its never enough =P I just get used, is there such thing as a good friend anymore?

Hootie
11-08-07, 09:19 PM
I feel the same way Arie. Good friends are hard to find and good lovers are even harder to find. Especially for people who are picky about who they want as their lover. I'm a smart, funny, good-looking guy but I'm single a lot more than i'd like.

My problem is that I don't ask people out. You can't sit and wait for people to ask you out and when no one does think that you're not worthy. Even as a girl. You may be so attractive and awesome that guys are intimidated in asking you out and never do because they think they're not worthy. Confidence goes a long way :)

ozchris
11-08-07, 09:31 PM
I think I'd really hate to have an ADD girlfriend, especially a hyperactive one. I need someone stable and to remind me that I'm sane.

I'm sure there are positives but it wouldn't work very well with me.

Arei
11-08-07, 11:02 PM
I'm so unconfident, I'm scared. Not scared of rejection, but scared of the talking and making fun of me behind my back that could come with said rejection.

supersomeone
12-05-07, 11:43 PM
LMAO, HAHAHAH, I have dated two girls in my lifetime, the first, had O.D.D, and the second had ADHD......

The girl with ADHD was SO..MUCH..FUN!

Seriousley, this girl, was INCREADABLEY AWESOME

I used to hang out with a group of ADDers (there were 4 of us, along with outher people with all kinds of disorders) .,..and man...there was NEVER a dull moment...

I would actually go so far as to say, that if I ever married a girl, she would proabley have ADD, becase that is proabley the only way i wouldn[t find her too boaring for myself

True :)

Yea, teenage magazines are on my "top ten list of things that need to be destroyed"

I mean...I actually like it when my GF doesn't wear make-up...when she shows some amount of respect for herself,

I mean, these magizeines pretty much say this "If you don't have X-amount of guys wanting to sleep with you, try destroying your body to look pretty, if that doesn't work, try getting a plastic body instead" lol I never wear make up .All of my "school friends" they all want to do my make up and straten my hair . I laugh at all the girls who have make up caked on. I would not say that i am "confident" in myself but why hate myself ? it is not like i can get a divorse or something lol :) and i wish i had a group of adder lol . And to add to the org post ish. Add guy would be awesome but hopefuly he is on meds or a (semi)mature adder (possible)?

flo-mo
01-02-08, 09:55 AM
I found its hard to find any guys who can keep up with me!

too true!!! they all get scared off, apparently we're too much 2 handle!!
hahaha x x

anomelisstic
03-09-08, 04:55 PM
it seems to me that all of the guys who are interested in me,
usually end up boring me.
they're looking for excitement because they have none.

anyone else ever feel like that?

Fuse
03-13-08, 08:42 PM
I think I'm too zany and unpredictable for most girls. Hmmm a girl with ADHD would be pretty cool.

whitegirl3395
03-13-08, 10:36 PM
well i have ADHD and my last boyfreind was able to put up and keep up w/ me. When you find some1 that likes u for who you r, than that will make you feel great!!!!! and i want that feeling!!!!!

naturechick80
03-14-08, 11:32 AM
for sure

ADDAWAY
03-16-08, 10:48 AM
I've yet to find a guy that could keep up with me, or that understands me or appreciates me for me. I don't think I will ever find what I want or need in a teenage guy, looks like I'm gonna have to wait awhile D=

I do have a crush on this one guy, i've never been able to tell him though. I like him alot, and for the most part I normally I wouldn't want a boyfriend shorter then me, but hes great (and he'll probably catch up and pass me by alot XD).

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/xd-16635.jpg

I want a guy with a sense of humor, but not some bouncing off the walls acting like an immature dork telling dirty sex jokes all the time.

I don't get why guys DON'T like me. Aside from the fact that I'm tall and that automatically intimidates some guys. I'm not fat, am I too outgoing or something? Do ALL guys want a fragile girl and not one that is strong physically and with words?

I'm always the best I can be an do everything I can for my friends, support em, comfort em... but its never enough =P I just get used, is there such thing as a good friend anymore?

Arei:

Okay, so back to H.S. here, at the beginning of 10th grade. CAST (non-ADD version):
Debbie, a skinny, lanky, quick-witted, caring & "uniquely" threaded girl
Jimmy, a frail, gimping, little leader with a great sense of humor
Those were my best friends & they dated each other off and on
Sharon, the pretty, "perfectly" coiffed, sexy little Daddy's girl
Oscar, a latin lothario & smooth basketball jockSo, naturally, I offer my biology tutoring services and frog dissecting (substitute-for-the-squeamish) skills to get close to Sharon. We get close but it's only friends for now.

Oscar, asks Sharon out for fall prom night. She says yes ... I was too late (ADD? Nah, just the jitters). Debbie asks me out as she and Jimmy are on the rocks. I reluctantly agree as she gave me the "I like you" now willies. By the end of the evening, she's managed to cheer me up and we have a fun time. I stop envying Oscar who's being "the man" but not really "close" to Sharon.

Later that school year, Sharon and I date, kiss and just as it's going to get too hot to handle ... my parents have to move way too far away. Only one or two phone calls follow ...

Fast forward to college, about three years later, when I run into Sharon, Debbie and Oscar. Sharon's married but not to Oscar, who's single and not as "cool" as he once seemed to be. Sharon's put on some serious pounds and become a bit too "phony religious." Debbie's dating Sharon's older, cool brother. Debbie is one beautiful, fashionable, super-model-hot, brainy, fun and charming woman. Did I ever choke! I could hardly speak. I knew she knew that I wished I had known then what I knew now! Serves me right ... As for Jimmy, I really don't know what happened to him.

So Arei, hang in there, and confidently develop your skills! There's a bright future for ya'! ;)

P.S. Luv Ur u-name!

Sandy4957
03-16-08, 12:29 PM
Heh heh. Such a great story, Addaway. I can relate, except in my high school, I guess that I was Debbie. Not that I look like a model or anything dumb like that, but because I was always the smart, sort of quirky, sort of jocky, "best all around" girl-next-door type who had lots of boys who were friends and no boyfriends. Until, that is, I took a second look at the class clown, track star hottie who had hit on me so blatantly for years that it had become a little bit of a joke. He turned out to be one great guy.

But high school reunions are really pretty amazing, Arei, because you start to realize how amped up and swirling that time is. This sentence in your post above:

"Not scared of rejection, but scared of the talking and making fun of me behind my back that could come with said rejection."

Says it all, I'm afraid. The ones who would talk behind your back do not matter, honey. Trust me on this one. They will not go far and you will.

If they even do it (talk). See, that's the other thing. One tends to think that other people are talking about oneself. Truth is, everyone's going through the same sets of emotions. The nasty girls who gossip, etc., they are to be avoided, true, but just close your mind to them. They won't be the ones that matter in the end.

I lost most inhibitions (the fear of being talked about) when I was 11 and got a horse. Not sure why that did it for me, but it did. Whatever it takes for you, sports, art, music, academics, etc., whatever it is that tells you that you're AOK, embrace it. Embrace it fully. Know that you are lovable and let the fear fall by the wayside. If you like a boy and he's not interested, his loss, honey. His loss. And anyone who laughs at you for it is also missing something about life. Ten years later he'll be kicking himself, just like old man Addaway up there. ;) (Teasing. Addaway's my bud.) And the upiquitous "they" will all be admiring your nerve and your accomplishments and wishing that they were more like you.

Trust me on this because I was not pretty in high school and I am not beautiful today, but when I went to my high school reunion (and especially when I went with my hubby to his), somehow I was the belle of the ball. Very amusing. Not that it mattered much to me, but of course, that was exactly why it happened that way... :cool:

Sandy

brittalitt
03-16-08, 10:25 PM
Hm, I have noticed I do tend to argue a bit.. But I do know when to quit.

And about the stupid magazines... No one ever looks like that in real life. And if they do they make me want to punch them because of their stupidity.

ADDAWAY
03-16-08, 10:47 PM
The ones who would talk behind your back do not matter, honey. Trust me on this one. They will not go far and you will.

... Truth is, everyone's going through the same sets of emotions. The nasty girls who gossip, etc., they are to be avoided, true, but just close your mind to them. They won't be the ones that matter in the end.

... Whatever it takes for you, sports, art, music, academics, etc., whatever it is that tells you that you're AOK, embrace it. Embrace it fully. Know that you are lovable and let the fear fall by the wayside. If you like a boy and he's not interested, his loss, honey. His loss. And anyone who laughs at you for it is also missing something about life. Ten years later he'll be kicking himself, just like old man Addaway up there. ;) (Teasing. Addaway's my bud.) And the ubiquitous "they" will all be admiring your nerve and your accomplishments and wishing that they were more like you.

Sandy

Such brilliant comments from Sandy, arie. I second them 100%. And, yeah, I kicked myself plenty over Debbie! It's all good now though. :cool:

crazycat1990
04-22-09, 03:40 PM
Reading all the posts about ADHD girls being great fun has really got me thinking.

And apologies for the maaaassive post!

First point I want to make before continuing - I highly suspect I have ADHD but have yet to be DX'd. I was DX'd with Asperger's in 2007 when I was 17.
Ok, so...
My friends at school and sixth form college would say that I was fun and a funny person. I could totally be myself with them. But it isn't the same with my boyfriend, who I have been with for over a year and 7 months now. When we first stated dating, well it was pretty random cos we didn't really know each other, we kissed and stuff at a work party :o but as we saw more of each other I started to like him more. So it's not a case of me not feeling comfortable at the start but just not mentioning it/breaking up. I stayed at his place most of them time last year and I really came out of my shell then. But there are still some things about me that just don't show when I am with him, and I really want them to. Another thing which got me thinking about this is my mum has started seeing someone, someone she was with 30 years ago when she was my age! They got engaged, but then split up (don't know the full story) and she married my dad...then they got divorced in 2001...annyway, so this guy she is back with, they are really happy and loved up and she is totally herself with him and vice versa. Some of the things about me that don't show/I don't do in front of my bf, well I can do them/they show up in front of my mum's partner! I mean like really random things. There are some people that I just be myself with, and some I just can't, and I guess there are people inbetween.
I think some of the reasons I can't do these funny and random things in front of my bf are:
He takes things way too seriously and has a pretty odd sense of humour. Unfortunately a lot of people don't get on with him :( So if I was to do something silly and random, whilst my friends would laugh and just accept it, he might sigh and be like "What are you doing?!" or, I dunno, say for example a bird flew really low and I over-reacted and thought it would hit me, if I was with my friends I'd duck and make a funny noise. Random example, I know! But if I was with my bf, he'd be like "That bird was no way near you, it wouldn't have hit you anyway." and I'd be like "...riiiight" (because I didn't intend for it to be taken seriously) then he'd carry on explaining about why the bird couldn't have possibly hit me and blah blah blah...and just take it way too far!
He gets stressed and angered so easily as well, so I'd probably just annoy him.
Or he'd say something that would make me feel stupid and immature.

Also, I used to be a lot more spontaneous, like when I was with my friends. If they phoned me one morning and asked if I wanted togo and meet up then I'd be excited and leap at the chance. I don't get that with my bf...BUT...he does ask me to do things at stupid times. Like at 6 in the evening he'll phone and ask if I wanna come up and see him. So I think in this case it's his problem, and not so much me changing and becoming less spontaneous. Also some of my friends are local. He is in north london, which is over an hour away from me. If my non-local friends asked the same question at the same time, I'd say no to them as well. But the thing is, becuase I'll say no to him, he'll say that I don't like doing things spontaneously, but he is wrong! If he phoned me up tomorrow morning and said he hadn't gone to work for whatever reason and did I want to meet up, I would say yes (obviously if I had nothing planned, which I normally don't :p).

So my main point here is: I don't want to seem boring. I want him to tell people I'm fun. Now I know he doesn't have to do that for people to know I'm a decent gf. I know it's not the most important thing and I know he loves me for who I am and all that. But...it's just that my friends would describe me as great fun but I'm not sure if he would, and I want to be 100% myself with him. So far I think I'm about 80%. I'm not asking if you think I should dump him :p cos we are really happy together, this thread just got me thinking and stuff.
And there are some fun and unique things about me, I just want all of them to show, because when they did with my friends we would have such a laugh (thinking back to school and college here), I really miss those days.

Also, just a point about the make-up and magazine thing - TOTALLY agree! I wear make-up, although I didn't start til I was 16 and got a huge crush at school :D I only wear what I think is basic and not too much - foundation and mascara. Maybe a little bit of eyeliner, it depends. But yeah, reading magazines is something I've never done. It disgusted me when I heard 13 year olds at school talking about the sex they'd had and stuff. TOO YOUNG! And too much info! I'm thinking "Chill out and make the most of being young, your life is gonna get soooo much tougher!" Ah well, their loss!
We have this program in the UK called "Snog, Marry, Avoid" where people who need a "make-under" as opposed to a make-over, go on as they are and people do a survey as to whether they would snog,marry or avoid them. They usually say avoid at first, then once they have their make-under they look 1 million times better and the people want to snog or marry them. Anyway, the other day there were these two twins who were caked in make-up and dressed revealing way too much, and they were like" we think all girls should be like this, cos it looks great. And the moment we step inside a night club all the guys stare at us." Grr! Such a bad influence on young girls! And they looked awful, a lot of the people in the survey said they looked cheap and lacking intelligence! :D

Spaced_In
06-20-09, 09:04 AM
hi, i'm 14, i've never had a boy friend before, i don't wear make up either, i see no point in covering up my natural looks, i read some magazines but i never pay much attention to what they say coz i think half of it's a load of bull, i only read them coz it keeps me entertained for awhile. i once had a best friend who was a guy and has ADHD it was probably the best relationship i've ever had with a friend before, but i personally wouldn't want to go out with an ADHD guy coz it wouldn't be a good idea because i have ADHD as well

nicky27
06-21-09, 01:28 AM
hi, didi i am adriana i am 14 i wonder if you could keep up with me!

rossragsdale
07-08-09, 09:48 AM
From a guys perspective here, 18.

I graduated recently and I can very easily say I endured a lot of pain throughout my whole schooling life so far. Throughout all of middle and high school I wasn't able to act like myself. It takes a lot of confidence to act like your self and I'm glad that you were and up are able to even if it's (only as you say) 80% that's a lot! Remember that VERY few people can say they act themselves around the opposite sex. Guys, in fact, almost never act themselves in front of girl, and that's the truth. Though if you want to act yourself completely, don't worry about it, just be confident in yourself and the rest will do itself. This is true, whether you believe me or not, that its not about what you do its about how you do it. Confidence is the most attractive thing in a person. Don't worry about yourself, be interested in your friend. Just accept the way you are and be happy about it. When you are happy people enjoy being with you no matter how you act.

Fraz_2006
07-15-09, 07:38 PM
hi, i'm 14, i've never had a boy friend before, i don't wear make up either, i see no point in covering up my natural looks, i read some magazines but i never pay much attention to what they say coz i think half of it's a load of bull, i only read them coz it keeps me entertained for awhile. i once had a best friend who was a guy and has ADHD it was probably the best relationship i've ever had with a friend before, but i personally wouldn't want to go out with an ADHD guy coz it wouldn't be a good idea because i have ADHD as well

Hey sweetheart.... nothing beats natural beauty! :)

Im glad you dont by into the magazine mumbo jumbo..... loads of girls do read this stuff and lose alot of self respect... thinking they have to be the perfect beauty queen...

Hmm... ADHD girl and ADHD guy.....

Well you shouldnt worry about that kind of mix ya know.... lifes all about having fun... and if yous like eachother, then least you wont be getting up to no good on your own!! :p

Fraz_2006
07-15-09, 07:41 PM
From a guys perspective here, 18.

I graduated recently and I can very easily say I endured a lot of pain throughout my whole schooling life so far. Throughout all of middle and high school I wasn't able to act like myself. It takes a lot of confidence to act like your self and I'm glad that you were and up are able to even if it's (only as you say) 80% that's a lot! Remember that VERY few people can say they act themselves around the opposite sex. Guys, in fact, almost never act themselves in front of girl, and that's the truth. Though if you want to act yourself completely, don't worry about it, just be confident in yourself and the rest will do itself. This is true, whether you believe me or not, that its not about what you do its about how you do it. Confidence is the most attractive thing in a person. Don't worry about yourself, be interested in your friend. Just accept the way you are and be happy about it. When you are happy people enjoy being with you no matter how you act.

haha... you're so right!!

Men act like men most of the time...

But then act like complete wuss bags around females..... (hey!... ive been guilty in the past :o).......

....until I learned to stop trying to impress women with feminism behaviour..... and just be my manly self instead.... which to be honest, women much prefer.... even if most of them dont like to admit that they prefer masculine behaviour. ;)

pADDat
07-16-09, 01:53 AM
Good point Didi,

Proabley because the vast majority of people see more of a point to wakeing up 2-hours before they have to leave just to put on make up, outher then,

Makeing good friends,

of course those kind of people are going to scorn the kind of people who don't fit in with that idea,

I'm shure that sex is the main focal point of many of the major magizines, and I call cosmos a teen magizine,

People who don't agree with those ideas, are scored because, simply they are diffrent.

It disgusts me,

trust me Didi, you definitley found someone who hates those magazines as much as you do!!!

I agree that many people do wake up 2 hours early to put on makeup etc, Some people just don't sleep much... Take me for example, I sleep about 3-6 hours a night (and that's BEFORE I started taking adderall, now I'm losing about another hour). This leaves me a TON of extra time in the morning, and while I'm kind of ashamed that I've spent more than a half an hour on my hair one day this week it's still the truth... And I'm a guy... But there's nothing better to do at 5:30 am and its summer and you need to be doing something with your hands because you've got ADD and it calms you down :P

Okay.. I've ranted enough, and I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying that some ppl just like looking good and it's not taking away from their day to do it.

EDIT: Oh and I completely despise those magazines too...

crazycat1990
07-16-09, 08:37 AM
Good point Didi,

Makeing good friends,

It disgusts me,

Great post! :p

Think I mentioned it before in this topic, in the UK we have this program called "Snog, Marry, Avoid" where people go on for a make-under. Usually these fake girls who plaster themselves in make-up and have enormous fake boobs and fake tan...you get the point!
This girl last night was just pathetic. She had blonde hair (dyed, she was naturally a brunette), too much make-up, stupidly big boobs which obviously were fake...and looked ridiculous with her flat stomach. And she was wearing some bright pink top and little pants so all of her legs were on show. Lovely.

She said some hilarious stuff, as in stupid things of course! Can't remember what they were but I was just sat there cracking up at the TV. I couldn't believe how stupid she was being!
And then when the survey revealed that most of the guys asked said they would avoid her, she was like "Oh well they're wrong! They're ALL wrong. Anyway just cos they know they can't have me and I'm too good for them!" Pfft...
The make-under result was beautiful, not really much to say, just that she had an acceptable amount of make-up on, her hair was natural and the clothes were less revealing, you even didn't notice her boobs as much! :eek:
But she didn't stick to it...oh well, her loss. Oh and she claimed that she wanted to carry on looking like that, and only attract drunk boys and players, because all other men are boring and serious apparently. Riiiight...
She also said was that she is going to have loads of plastic surgery and all that when she gets older. Well when she looks like Sylvester Stallone's mum I'm sure she won't regret any of it! ;)
Jackie Stallone is living proof that plastic surgery is a big no-no!

However there is one thing I will say...most girls do read these magazines...and I knew people at school that did. But actually, most of them were nice normal girls who didn't over do it, had respect, they certainly weren't fake and slutty and cheap and tarty and dumb! They were happy with their figure, they would never consider surgery or anything.
So just cos a girl reads these mags it doesn't mean they are trying to tart themsevles up :)
Even though I have never read them and I don't think I will in the future!
The only time I have looked at them is in a hair salon to get an idea of how I want my hair cut.

I only wear a little bit of make-up. Sometimes I wear foundation, and when I do it's not too much or too thick. My mum always says it looks nice and natural :)
Usually wear mascara, sometimes a little eyeliner on the top lids...but that's as far as it goes on an average day. Sometimes eye liner can look too much on me, even if it's only on the top lids, because I'm fair (skin and hair).

I do admit that I have looked at other girls and compared myself to them...but I think it's just human nature. We exist to mate and create life (although respectfully and not with as many people as you can grab in a night club!), therefore it's an instinct to want to look attractive and to "win" a partner. Well that's my theory anyway :o
But it's how you ACT on that instinct that matters. You can look at the girl on the train and think "I wish I had her nice long eyelashes, she's so pretty, I wish I had her nose" but also accept that you have nice features that she doesn't have and everyone is unique. Or, you could look at fake, air-brushed celebs that quite frankly look like twigs with balloons stuck to their chest, and say "Screw what nature has given me, I am going to mess with it and mutate myself!" :D haha "mutate"...

Look what happened when they messed with nature in Jurassic Park!!

Fraz_2006
07-16-09, 08:48 AM
I think both genders are guilty of following into the propaganda trap (1 of the reasons I dont watch TV anymore)

For women... they are usually brainwashed into thinking they have to be blond and slim to be considered attractive to men. (A load of tosh)

And as for men, we are brain washed into believing that being "mr nice" all the time and being the "perfect gent" will gain us access to a womens "genetalia" :)..... again (A load of graham nosh)

crazycat1990
07-16-09, 09:30 AM
Exactly, men want women that are funny, clever, fun to be with, etc. That has nothing to do with hair colour and body shape :D

What do I want in a man? The same as above I guess. Someone who can really accept me and understand the way I am, someone I can trust etc etc blah blah blah.

Arei
11-28-09, 06:46 PM
I've never been in a relationship, and lots of people are shocked to hear this. I am 18 btw, starting college in the spring. (skipping a semester is bad, don't do it lol)

I get told that I'm funny, cute, and fun to be with all the time but I've never even been on a date. I have only gotten interest from older guys who immediately run off once they know how old I am (which I guess is not a bad thing XD Proves they aren't creepers), but never from guy's my own age... Not that I want to date them really but still >_> If they aren't older, they usually are really really creepy and... do not want that .___.

Is it because I'm tall? I've been 5'10" since 8th grade. Are younger guys just shallow and only interested in easy girls they can get with without much trouble? Am I doomed to singledom until I actually look the age I am (most people think I'm atleast 21-22)?

I know that I don't NEED or have to date or anything, but for months my mind has been tormented with the thought that I'd really like to go on a date and I've been craving companionship of that nature. It's miserable. I know you can't make these things happen out of midair or overnight but ugh >_< I feel like I'm the most unattractive person in the world but I'm told constantly that I'm not... meeeh

excel
11-28-09, 06:53 PM
I've never been in a relationship, and lots of people are shocked to hear this. I am 18 btw, starting college in the spring. (skipping a semester is bad, don't do it lol)

I get told that I'm funny, cute, and fun to be with all the time but I've never even been on a date. I have only gotten interest from older guys who immediately run off once they know how old I am (which I guess is not a bad thing XD Proves they aren't creepers), but never from guy's my own age... Not that I want to date them really but still >_> If they aren't older, they usually are really really creepy and... do not want that .___.

Is it because I'm tall? I've been 5'10" since 8th grade. Are younger guys just shallow and only interested in easy girls they can get with without much trouble? Am I doomed to singledom until I actually look the age I am (most people think I'm atleast 21-22)?

I know that I don't NEED or have to date or anything, but for months my mind has been tormented with the thought that I'd really like to go on a date and I've been craving companionship of that nature. It's miserable. I know you can't make these things happen out of midair or overnight but ugh >_< I feel like I'm the most unattractive person in the world but I'm told constantly that I'm not... meeeh
How old are? I am in my forties and my third realtionship. The othe two I was 20. It took me this long and I am happy.

sicvic187
12-05-09, 04:06 PM
You gotta have game boo. LOL. If your using adderall you may find it a little more difficult to approach a stranger. when Im not using it, I can talk to anyone but I when im using it, i seem a bit more shy but I talk more intellegent and dont drop the ball. Like I always do when im off it.

shysmile
12-20-09, 10:01 AM

A few years ago I was your age and I felt exactly the same. I wondered if the reason men my age didn't notice me was because I was ugly. I know that's not true now. We send out vibes of confidence when we're completely comfortable with ourselves and this is what guys pick up on.

I didn't get together with my boyfriend until I was 22, and I am so glad I waited now that I look back at how I was. I know it can be hard seeing everyone else your age getting bf/gfs but remember everyone moves at their own pace and that's okay.:)

And you're not "doomed" to singledom. These can be the best years of your life. Enjoy them, and when you're ready to share them with a guy, you'll enjoy them even more. :)

rpglolman
04-04-10, 03:00 AM
im adhd guy but ritalin made me nerd!!! NOT
im a nerd with ritalin, when without, im krazyyyyyyyyyyy

cosinezero
04-15-10, 05:01 PM
Is it because I'm tall?

-->No. Tall is good. Very good. And 5'10" is a great height. However, guys - especially at your age - have worse self esteem than you'd think, and can be easily intimidated by a girl who's taller than them. This will pass in time; but you can push it along a little faster with a few good pairs of heels and a just-above-the-knee skirt - it's like blood in the water in college. Don't you dare beat yourself up over being 5'10" - just keep telling yourself - they don't pick short girls to be supermodels.

Are younger guys just shallow and only interested in easy girls they can get with without much trouble?

-->You could look at it that way, but you could also look at it like guys are literally terrified of women in high school; "easy" girls either simply know how to leap over that wall and make guys at ease OR they are the sort that simply play up to what they think guys want, for attention.

Either way, college is a totally different dynamic, the game changes completely, and "easy" is simply degrees of how hooked you want to keep the guy when YOU'RE done with him. I won't explain that further, you'll figure it out.

Am I doomed to singledom until I actually look the age I am (most people think I'm atleast 21-22)?

-->Hah... not one bit. You're doomed to being the girl who doesn't look like a freshman in her freshman year. Horrible! You might just, you know, get into the good parties, meet the juniors and seniors, and if you're even vaguely as attractive as you think you are, you'll be laughing at this post right around next january - because your calendar will be as full as you want it to be.

Don't worry one bit.

my mind has been tormented with the thought that I'd really like to go on a date and I've been craving companionship of that nature. It's miserable.

-->Oh jeez; enjoy your singledom for a bit and don't settle for just anyone just to fill this void. College is not high school, you'll soon find yourself swimming in a huge school of fish - for the taking.

Werl
06-06-10, 08:17 PM
I need to find my self an add gf, heck I need to find just a gf.