View Full Version : Looking for recipies for stirfry!

Vhan
04-28-07, 01:05 PM
so, I just got this WOK, and now I need to learn to cook up something realllll good, needless to say I have allready tried.

cabbage
onion
steak
and instant noodles,

it came out a little to bland, I put in some spices, but I need some sauses to really get things going, so, any ideas?

QueensU_girl
05-10-07, 04:51 PM
Yum. We're coming to your house for dinner. ;)

DianeS
05-10-07, 06:21 PM
My recipe for stir-ry:

Two bags of whatever frozen veggies are in the freezer.
A pound of meat is on sale at the grocery store.

Stir-fry it, slather on some absolutely wonderful stir-fry sauce that costs more per ounce than some jewelry.

Serve over rice. :)

Seriously, though, if you're willing to go with a premade sauce, ANY thing tastes good as stir-fry. I have yet to make a bad one. I've made it with broccoli, carrots, water chestnuts, breen beans, asparagus, onions, spinach, bell peppers, celery, peas ... and used chicken (white and dark), roast, ground meat, tofu, buffalo, shirmp, and fish.

I don't have any recipies for sauces, though. Maybe that's what you can ask for! Anybody who can make their own sauce, be it BBQ, lemon-pepper, or Stir-fry, is a whiz in my book.

Vhan
05-27-07, 08:06 AM
Na, I finally got my hands on some sause de chilli fresco...all I need sause wise! (I love that stuff!)

combine that with muchrooms, and you get a really meatey flavor, then you can get away with less meat, more veggies.

Then comes enoughf onion to kill a cat, enoughf rice to break a donkeys back, and sjut enoughf spises to make a lobster thing he was sitting on the bottem on the sea.

:p

At Heart
06-10-07, 10:51 AM
Hey Vhan,

I make stirfry about once a week (or more). Lots of things are great in a stirfry - if you really want some decent recipes - just ask.

curseandablessi
06-22-08, 09:46 AM
I can use really cheap cuts of beef (stew meat and chuck roast cut up) if I put it in a ziplock with meat tenderizer and soy a couple of days b4 I make the stir fry. I use the meat tenderizer that's made with Bromelain-apineapple derivitive and salt, rather than the msg.

theta
06-22-08, 10:30 AM
I like stir-fry green beans. I'm guessing the recipe is something like:

Fresh Green beans remove ends and wash.

Sit fry in oil. Few minutes.

Toss in some garlic,ginger, soy sauce, brown sugar I think and cover and allow to simmer/steam a few minutes.