View Full Version : In desperate need of a psychiatrist!!!!!!!

Wish
05-03-07, 01:34 AM
I need a psychiatrist in the Denver area who is knowledgeable about adult adhd. If they happen to be knowledgeable about bipolar ii that would be great but at this point i'm so desperate I'll take what I can get. I called every hospital on my insurance plan and all I can get is a wait list. I told the woman at university hospital that I had been off of my lamictal for nearly a week because of allergies and that this was serious. She said that doesn't matter you still go to the bottom of the list. I said look ma'am, I don't want this to become a crisis. Her response was like well if it is than go to the er. So this woman would have basically rather have had me go to the er and treated by some psych resident and have a mental health admission on my record than give me one lousy appointment.

I'm so frustrated. I've gone through all the providers and facilities on my plan and NOTHING. The one guy who saw me was awful and my condition worsened under him.

If anyone knows of any good psychiatrists in Denver who are knowledgeable about adhd and taking new patients please please please please let me know. I will be eternally grateful!!!!! Hell, at this point I'd pay someone if they could get me into such a psychiatrist in a reasonable amount of time.

DianeS
05-03-07, 04:49 PM
I thought you had a psychiatrist already -- the one who prescribed the medication that you turned out to be allergic to. Isn't he just on vacation or something, and you're waiting for him to get back to try a different medication?

Or am I remembering wrong?

Wish
06-01-07, 06:20 PM
I finally got in to see the psychiatrist who I'd been trying to see for about a year. He's wonderful! During my first visit, he did something that no other psychiatrist has ever done. He weighed me and took my blood pressure. This will help determine whether certain side effects are caused my medications.