View Full Version : I found the perfect psychiatrist I just need to get into see him

Wish
05-03-07, 12:45 PM
He hasn't been accepting new patients for over a year. This guy would be PERFECT. He specializes in both of my conditions and is knowledgeable. I've tried calling him and calling his secretary and explaining how urgent my condition is and how unsuccessful other psychiatrists have been in treating it. I've said that I don't think others can help me as well. Is there anything else I can do to try to get this psychiatrist to agree to see me?

jkron
05-06-07, 11:38 AM
You might want to just stop into the office and wait until you can see him for even a minute or two. A lot of drug reps stop in around 5pm and just wait for the dr. to leave and talk to them as they go to their car. If he is a caring physician and hears your story he might be more willing to "make time"

Wish
05-07-07, 03:22 PM
That might be worth a try. In my experiences with health care providers, I have gotten much more effective results when I've been able to bypass the scheduler or the front desk and talk to the doctor directly.

justhope
05-08-07, 08:24 PM
That is a good idea? Let us know how it goes. :)