View Full Version : My Dyslexia is getting worse, what gives?

Spongedaddy
05-08-07, 06:01 AM
I have reached the point where I am constantly reversing letters when I type. I am not sure what is going on. Why would it be getting worse? Any ideas on this?

auntchris
05-10-07, 09:12 PM
Hi spongedaddy, I am doing the same.
I have never been dx offically with dyslexia,
but I do think I am.
Dyslexia, is not only the reversal of letters, it is also
the way you process infromation and interpert that infromation.

Have you been diagnosed?:p :p :p

Tara
05-10-07, 09:39 PM
Mine doesn't actually get worse I just notice it more.

Tiddlywinks
12-08-07, 10:32 PM
Dyslexia can appear to be worse in different situations, say if you are working in a new job. It can also appear to be worse when you have not had enough rest. I have found that when my sleep bank is in the deficit, my brain is more sluggish and I have more reversal, inverstions and type with the wrong finger. The times that it does not appear to be bad are when your coping skills have kicked in.

QueensU_girl
12-10-07, 01:00 AM
Stress makes everything worse. It's a wild card factor... Same with Anxiety and ADD ('blanking on tests').

Stress makes pain and blood pressure and so many physical conditions worse, too.

dormammau2008
12-16-07, 08:08 PM
I BELIVE MINE IS GETING HARDER AND ITS GETING HARDER TO UNDERTAND MY OWN WRITEING AS WELL ITS GETING HARD THE THING IS IAM DOING SIGNING LAUAGEASE AND I HAVE FOR MENAY YEARS NOW ON AN OFF DUE TO ILL HEALTH BUT HERES THE THING I EVEN SEE THE SAME PORBKLEM IN SIGING IF READING AN SPILLING IS NEEDED THEN!!!!.......OR WORDS OFVE ANY KIND THEN THE DYEISXA KIKCKS IN .....>EVEN IN A VISAL LAUGUE SUCH AS SINGING THE PORBLM IS STILL THERE LERENING HOW TO SIGIN WITH OUT USEING ENIGHLISH?! POVES A PORBELM UNLIKY SOME THE CLASS M8S THAT GET IT QUITKER COS THAT
I ALSO FIND THAT THE DRUGS IAM OIN FOR THE RSONS IAM MAKE IT HARD AS WELL THEY SEEM TO MAKE IT HARD FOR MY BRAIN TO LEREN THINGS
AGE ALONE WOULD NOT ACOENE T FOR THEIS THINGS

IAM GOING TO ATEMPED THIS YEAR TO DO 5.1MILLON WORDS THIS YEAR TO SEE WHAT I CAN AND CANT SPELL!

THERE 2.5BILLION WORDS IN UK LAUAGE I DONT THINK I AM READY FOR THIS LOL

DORM 2008 A BIG YEAR

lucky_turtle
11-08-08, 08:49 PM
i notice my dyslexia gets worse under stress, in work if im under pressure i do tings to fast and all the letters come into my head back to front and i automatically go fast but dont take time to process it enuff. i shud also add that im worse typing than i am writing, because writing is slower, it still happens tho. but when typing i find things are very mixed up and i have to go back fix it all before i finish an essay or post. i then notice a lot of the word has the same letters and sounds but theyre just all mixed up.

are u worse at typing than writing on paper?