View Full Version : Dr. Niederhut agreed to see me!!

Wish
05-10-07, 06:49 PM
I am so happy!! I can't wait to go see him. He sounds like such a wonderful doctor. He researched cobad (childhood onset bipolar disorder with adhd)syndrome because both of his young daughters have it. He also admitted that he has a milder form of cobad. His research was self-funded because he felt it was that important to get this information out there and to educate psychiatrists about the possibility of both adhd and bipolar existing in children and adults. I'm sure it can't have been easy to reveal to his colleagues and others that both of he and his daughters suffer from cobad. He actually said that even though he feared that revealing the fact that he and his daughters have cobad might hurt him professionally, it is worth it because he doesn't want to see others suffer the way his daughters and clients have.

I've talked to my parents and they said that they wished they had known about all of this when I was a child because now that they look back they strongly believe that I suffered from cobad. At the time, they didn't know what was going on and thought I was just a very difficult child.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to see him. I feel something I haven't felt in a long time. I feel hopeful.

http://newsblaze.com/story/2005091412150200001.ew/newsblaze/COLORADO/Colorado.html

justhope
05-10-07, 07:05 PM
CONGRATS Wish!

I am so happy for you! I knew something would break through for you!!!!

Please keep in touch and let us know how it goes!!!!

Hope :D

Wish
05-10-07, 07:53 PM
Thanks hope! I will let you know once his scheduler calls back haha.

jeaniebug
05-15-07, 06:03 PM
Good luck with your new Doctor, Wish! Finding a good doctor made all the difference to me. ;) :)

lars
05-15-07, 06:17 PM
I am happy that you have found a good Dr. It really dose make such a difference.

I look forward to hearing how it works out for you.

Crazy~Feet
05-15-07, 08:47 PM
That's great news Wish! I am so glad that you feel jazzed about the new doc :D my own doc is loaded with ADHD and I love him to bits.

Wish
06-01-07, 11:31 AM
The visit went really well! He's such a nice man. He did something that no other psychiatrist has done. He weighed me and took my blood pressure. It makes sense to do this on the first visit because then you can get an idea of how much your weight or blood pressure changes when you start a different medication.

Crazy~Feet
06-01-07, 02:13 PM
Glad he's such a nice guy Wish. :)