View Full Version : Joke or Attempt on Life?

Zebulon
05-10-07, 08:24 PM
I will try to be as brief as possible. This happened to me and I cant make sense of it all. This is just a basic outline.

Yesterday at work I was wearing a full face protective respirator device. This is to protect from dangerous highly toxic fumes. While wearing it for several hours working, I came back from afternoon break, put it back on and started going back to work.

While working about 20 minutes into it, I thought I started getting the smell of the fumes from the surface primer I was spraying with an high pressure air spray gun. About that time I had ran out of surface primer, went out of the booth to mix up more. When I stepped outside of the paint booth and took off my mask when the fresh air hit my lungs and eyes, my eyes started to burn and water and lungs felt like an elephant was sitting on them. There was 2 other people in the outside area where I came out. Both were very concerned when they saw how I looked when I took off my mask. One is a contractor we have working for us and the other was a regular company employee which also happens to be the safety officer for the place I work.

After I composed myself I took off the filters on both sides of the mask, I found one of the gaskets was missing and in its place was a piece of double sided tape where the filter should had been. The lead safety inspector had left for the day, so no one told him about what happened until this morning first thing.

Today it was nothing but a mad house all management wanted to know why I did not have a gasket. Last week we just had the yearly respirator evaluation and training. Human resources came in from the main office to conduct the training. Just 3 of us were in this class. Me, my supervisor and the safety guy from yesterday that was there when I came out of the paint booth. When I went to get my mask, I had a gasket missing.

My supervisor the one in the meeting too told me I could use a gasket from his mask on one he did not use so I could continue the meeting. Said this in front of other guy and human resource person doing the meeting. I went back, she said they would get me a gasket. I said no worries cause I don't wear it everyday. How ironic I have had to use it for over 8 hours in the past 2 days. When I needed it this week, I told my supervisor that I would be using his gasket for my mask and told him if he needed it back let me know.

He had no problems with it just told me to put it back when I am done. So I did for the first day. Second day I used it, I did the same thing as day before, told boss, he said the same thing and I went on my way. Did my work until what happened yesterday afternoon. Today my boss he kept telling me how stirred up everyone is and how upset everyone is at me for getting this started. I didn't say anything the safety guy was just doing his job. They are saying they are going to fire him, why not sure. I don't know what to do. I don't want to go back tomorrow and deal with even more stress than today. Friends and a couple of co workers say to get a lawyer and hold the company responsible for what my boss did. They cant believe he would do something like that. With him knowing about my add, asthma, high BP, why would he do it? Like he said it was "Just a Joke" Well I don't feel that way. He totally put my life in danger and I don't like it or his reason why. I know I am going to loose my job over this. I don't know what I can do. I really need the job in the worst way, best job in years. I need the money. What happens if he ever wants to do another joke and I end up dead? Do you work for someone you no longer trust? I am so screwed. I did nothing for this kind of stuff. I work very very hard, go to work ontime everyday everything. Everyone thinks and knows I am a excellent employee, guess that is why my boss is so threatened by me and why he is trying to either kill me or get me fired. Either way, my life would be over. Without this job, career is over, no money, and I doubt after this I would ever be motivated to do anything. This job is my life. I don't want to die.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Zeb

VisualImagery
05-10-07, 08:45 PM
Your boss said this was a joke? Did this sound like an admission that it was done on purpose? If so, knowing what I do about respirators and safety issues, this is very serious and needs to be addressed.

Did they train you to take the filter apart everyday to ensure the gasket is working an in good shape? If not, that could be negligent training. Second, an admission it was a 'joke' shows absolute stupidity at best and something far worse at best.

I would report this to the police and to your superiors. You do know they can get fingerprints off duct tape do you not and actually id the roll from which it came. I hope you saved the duct tape. This is no workplace prank, this was a matter of life and death and has even been a plot in TV show murder mysteries. It truly is a good way to make someone very ill or even kill them-it has even happened because of simple human error with no malice or stupidity attached. And this happened after safety training? That in itself is very weird.

Take this farther-Report it to OSHA too. This is no joke and could endanger others. If it was because of you disabilities, then it would fall under EEOC? BUt truly sounds more like a criminal type offense if intentionally committed.

My opinion-you never mess with employee health or life.

Before entering the spray booth again, check every inch of your respirator and the tubing that goes to it. Even buy your own filters and gaskets if you need to-get the serial #'s off them and go online, there are many places to buy them and they are not break the bank expensive. Since this is your life, take all the precautions needed. And take your gear home with you-keep in the car and never, ever use anyone else's equipment.

Hope this helps.

Zebulon
05-10-07, 09:04 PM
Yea he said it was just a joke and done on purpose. Oh yea we are totally trained by human resources. Odd this took place just last week. I am scared to involve the police, my superiors will be furious with me and my supervisor the department head. Safety guy who told this morning will probably get fired I found out at the end of the day. When I tell what happened, I know I will loose my job too. I did nothing to bring this on, that is why everyone is so mad at my boss for doing that to me.

I totally know I will have to safeguard my equipment and check it before each use and in between uses. Wont do me any good cause after this I will loose my job and career for sure.

I know the company is liable for employees. Being a department supervisor involved, that would hold a higher liability over a regular level employee. I just have to hit my inhailer more often, not hurt to any major extent or suffered extreme physical harm,just a general crappy feeling. I am more mentally to pieces and just don't want to go back to work and deal with this. I just don't want to deal with it but know I have to. What am I going to do if I loose my job? I don't know how I will be able to work under my boss after what he has done.

Every minute that goes by I feel like I am going to have an anxiety attack knowing tomorrow is coming. I just don't want to go back there. I know if I don't I will loose my job, I know if I do I will still end up loosing my job not to mention the stress of going back and explaining all this to my plant supervisor. Right now he thinks I lost the gasket and is mad at me. Regardless of what I tell him he is going to be mad and bottom line it will still be me.

Thanks for the info VisualImagery. This is just a bad situation all the way around. If power is to Pardon not Punish, where do you draw the line? Do I just let this go or take a stand for the wrong was done?

Zeb

Calicogirl
05-10-07, 09:53 PM
Yea he said it was just a joke and done on purpose. Oh yea we are totally trained by human resources. Odd this took place just last week. I am scared to involve the police, my superiors will be furious with me and my supervisor the department head. Safety guy who told this morning will probably get fired I found out at the end of the day. When I tell what happened, I know I will loose my job too. I did nothing to bring this on, that is why everyone is so mad at my boss for doing that to me.

I totally know I will have to safeguard my equipment and check it before each use and in between uses. Wont do me any good cause after this I will loose my job and career for sure.

I know the company is liable for employees. Being a department supervisor involved, that would hold a higher liability over a regular level employee. I just have to hit my inhailer more often, not hurt to any major extent or suffered extreme physical harm,just a general crappy feeling. I am more mentally to pieces and just don't want to go back to work and deal with this. I just don't want to deal with it but know I have to. What am I going to do if I loose my job? I don't know how I will be able to work under my boss after what he has done.

Every minute that goes by I feel like I am going to have an anxiety attack knowing tomorrow is coming. I just don't want to go back there. I know if I don't I will loose my job, I know if I do I will still end up loosing my job not to mention the stress of going back and explaining all this to my plant supervisor. Right now he thinks I lost the gasket and is mad at me. Regardless of what I tell him he is going to be mad and bottom line it will still be me.

Thanks for the info VisualImagery. This is just a bad situation all the way around. If power is to Pardon not Punish, where do you draw the line? Do I just let this go or take a stand for the wrong was done?

ZebGo to human resources NOW! They have a non-retaliation in place and you will be SAFE! Good luck! Tell the truth!

Zebulon
05-10-07, 10:01 PM
Yea but still nervous having to go to them. Telling the truth is no problem. Having ADD that is the only version I can remember cause it actually happened.

Thanks Calicogirl,
Zeb

Calicogirl
05-10-07, 10:04 PM
I know you are nervous, who wouldn't be in your position. But there is taking the easy way, and there is taking the right way.

What would you say if this happened to someone you loved? If your gonna get fired, go with a bang! LOL :) I will want to know what is going on, there has to be on going commentry with each day on how you are progressing. If you please.

QueensU_girl
05-10-07, 10:28 PM
I hope you file for Workmen's Compensation and Get A Lawyer ASAP.

In a sense, you have been (albeit indirectly) intentionally _assaulted_, with poison, by a bully.

OMG.

This is flippin' serious S#!T.

A person could get severe lung damage from this. You may not have the effects until later in your life what the outcome will be.

(My uncle was a firefighter, and got lung damage from walking thru buildings after fires were put out. Little did they know back then (1970s/1980s) that cooled fire fumes were very damaging, and can cause pulmonary fibrosis, heart attacks, etc, days or weeks later. The 9/11 rescue workers learned that too late, too.)

Zebulon
05-10-07, 10:34 PM
Yea sure I will be glad to keep Ya updated. I know I should not take the easy way out of this. Might not be tomorrow, I may take a sick day. Having too much anxiety to deal with this tomorrow. This has me tore up bad. Never expected dealing with something like this. Even doing a excellent job, I still get dragged under by a bottom feeder yet again.

If I dont get fired I may ask for a pay raise for all the stress this is causing me. This is the last time someone with ADD and high blood pressure needs to deal with. I am a peaceful person and dont like having to look like I am causing trouble. I know I did not cause this but I am still right in the middle. Either way I am going to look bad. I just know I will loose my job over this and the safety guy. They got on to him big time all day over this. I feel bad for him.

Zeb

Lady Lark
05-11-07, 12:50 AM
OK, this may be a stupid question, but you keeps saying you know you're going to get fired over this....why? How can a company fire you for a stupid and extremly dangerous "joke" that was played on you? They would have to be idiots for opening themselves up to that kind of lawsuit.

And why wasn't the person that did this caned right off the bat? This isn't a joke, this is someone's life, and I can't believe that this company isn't taking it seriouly.

meadd823
05-11-07, 05:25 AM
OKay I want to make sure I understand.

When you went for afternoon break your gear was fine.

While you were on break your gear was accessible to others including your supervisor.

After you came back and inhaled this paint you were spraying you went out side where two people witnessed you ill.

One of them was a safety person

Did he not also notice the missing gasket and the applied duct tape?

If you had simply lost the gasket then there would have been no tape over the opening.

Is there any reason you would do this your self I mean surly gaskets are not soo hard to come by you must risk your own life.

Your supervisor admitted to doing this but persist upon blaming you for HIS actions?

Sounds like you have a supervisor with a cog missing.

He may very well have thought you would notice this however he should still take responsibility for his actions. He is responsible for his decisions not you.

You should have looked the equipment over when you came back, apparently you neglected to do so. You are responsible for your actions.

His actions are serious due to his unwillingness to take personal responsibility and his blaming you for his behavior. This is not natural nor is it the actions of a responsible person who is capable of supervising others.

You mistake will probably not be repeated due to the bad experience. I can see where they might do some form of write up however I hardly see this as a firing offense.

When questioned you should answer thier questions truthfully but not offer extra information. . . and let the chips fall where they may. That is the best advice I have as far as how to handle the situation.

Let us know what happens . . . .

jsf84
05-11-07, 12:23 PM
I won't get into too many specifics, but let me lay one very simple fact out for you. By far, my knowledge of polymer science is my best attribute academically. Most paints are some form of polymers. The paint you apply is essentially a polymer broken down into a solvent. Polymer solvents are VERY VERY dangerous to breath. One of my best professors does constant university inspections for this purpose. While i doubt you will get cancer from one incident, it could easily have caused a large number of other, very serious, health conditions. I would not seek legal action against your boss unless you have a later issue caused by this event. However, get the MSDS safety data sheet associated with the paint solvent base, underline the warnings such as "can cause respiratory system shutdown", and "exposure could cause lungs to become filled with fluid". or "extended exposure to eyes could cause cataracts". Approach his boss, tell him what happened and show him the MSDS sheet. Then let him know that he is going to be giving you a pay raise/promoting you. If he doesn't, take the company's *** to court.

routhy
05-11-07, 04:26 PM
If your boss has admitted donig it then I'd take legal action against him ASAP, his stupidity could've cost you your life.

Zebulon
05-11-07, 06:12 PM
Hello QueensU girl,

Thanks for your input. I am going to look into in getting a lawyer. I am not sure what kind to get but will find out.

Yea its some pretty serious crap I have found myself in. I can honesty say from no fault of my own. I can look back now and see that I should had checked my mask. At the time I had no reason to think anyone would had tampered with it. Never happened before don't know why it happened now.

Thanks,

I hope you file for Workmen's Compensation and Get A Lawyer ASAP.

In a sense, you have been (albeit indirectly) intentionally _assaulted_, with poison, by a bully.

OMG.

This is flippin' serious S#!T.

A person could get severe lung damage from this. You may not have the effects until later in your life what the outcome will be.

(My uncle was a firefighter, and got lung damage from walking thru buildings after fires were put out. Little did they know back then (1970s/1980s) that cooled fire fumes were very damaging, and can cause pulmonary fibrosis, heart attacks, etc, days or weeks later. The 9/11 rescue workers learned that too late, too.)

Zebulon
05-11-07, 06:16 PM
Hello LadyLark.

Yea because I have seen how they handled other people at work. I agree they are total idiots. I think my boss should had been fired for sure.

Thanks,
Zeb

OK, this may be a stupid question, but you keeps saying you know you're going to get fired over this....why? How can a company fire you for a stupid and extremly dangerous "joke" that was played on you? They would have to be idiots for opening themselves up to that kind of lawsuit.

And why wasn't the person that did this caned right off the bat? This isn't a joke, this is someone's life, and I can't believe that this company isn't taking it seriouly.

Imnapl
05-11-07, 07:03 PM
In a sense, you have been (albeit indirectly) intentionally _assaulted_, with poison, by a bully.When I read that it "was just a joke", bully was the first thing I thought of. Kids with issues say this after hurting someone. I hope human resources suggests mandatory counselling for the joker.

Zebulon
05-11-07, 07:21 PM
Yea me too. This litte prank has screwed up my life. I dont want to see this happen to anyone.

Zeb

When I read that it "was just a joke", bully was the first thing I thought of. Kids with issues say this after hurting someone. I hope human resources suggests mandatory counselling for the joker.

Zebulon
05-11-07, 07:45 PM
Thanks Meadd823,
Yea everything was fine until I came back from afternoon break. Everyone's gear is accessible. Never had any problems before this. There was always a level of trust that now has been violated. Yea the 2 other employees were there when I came out of the booth and saw what happened. We didn't know the gasket was missing until I took the mask off and removed the filters. No way I could just loose the gasket cause the filters holds it on. The filters had to be removed to get the gasket out and its held in place with tabs. It cant just fall off.
Yea my supervisor definitely has a cog missing. One way or another I will see that he takes responsibility for his actions. I am not going to let this just slide by. I don't want to see this happen to anther person.

Thanks,
Zeb

OKay I want to make sure I understand.

When you went for afternoon break your gear was fine.

While you were on break your gear was accessible to others including your supervisor.

After you came back and inhaled this paint you were spraying you went out side where two people witnessed you ill.

One of them was a safety person

Did he not also notice the missing gasket and the applied duct tape?

If you had simply lost the gasket then there would have been no tape over the opening.

Is there any reason you would do this your self I mean surly gaskets are not soo hard to come by you must risk your own life.

Your supervisor admitted to doing this but persist upon blaming you for HIS actions?

Sounds like you have a supervisor with a cog missing.

He may very well have thought you would notice this however he should still take responsibility for his actions. He is responsible for his decisions not you.

You should have looked the equipment over when you came back, apparently you neglected to do so. You are responsible for your actions.

His actions are serious due to his unwillingness to take personal responsibility and his blaming you for his behavior. This is not natural nor is it the actions of a responsible person who is capable of supervising others.

You mistake will probably not be repeated due to the bad experience. I can see where they might do some form of write up however I hardly see this as a firing offense.

When questioned you should answer thier questions truthfully but not offer extra information. . . and let the chips fall where they may. That is the best advice I have as far as how to handle the situation.

Let us know what happens . . . .

Zebulon
05-11-07, 07:51 PM
Hello jsf84,

Thanks for the input. I agree the compounds are very dangerous. I have bad probems with my asthma anyway. I have had a killer headache that wont go away and still hitting my asthma breather much more than normal. I dont know if its allergies or what. May be the extreme stress this has caused.
I tried today to tell my boss what happened, but before I could I got hit with a "random" drug test. You can read about what happended today. To say the least it was not good and I am totally screwed.

Thanks again,
Zeb

I won't get into too many specifics, but let me lay one very simple fact out for you. By far, my knowledge of polymer science is my best attribute academically. Most paints are some form of polymers. The paint you apply is essentially a polymer broken down into a solvent. Polymer solvents are VERY VERY dangerous to breath. One of my best professors does constant university inspections for this purpose. While i doubt you will get cancer from one incident, it could easily have caused a large number of other, very serious, health conditions. I would not seek legal action against your boss unless you have a later issue caused by this event. However, get the MSDS safety data sheet associated with the paint solvent base, underline the warnings such as "can cause respiratory system shutdown", and "exposure could cause lungs to become filled with fluid". or "extended exposure to eyes could cause cataracts". Approach his boss, tell him what happened and show him the MSDS sheet. Then let him know that he is going to be giving you a pay raise/promoting you. If he doesn't, take the company's *** to court.

Zebulon
05-11-07, 07:54 PM
Thanks Routhy. I hope to be able to get some legal action. They are really putting me in the position to where this is my only option.
Read what happened today. This is so messed up.

Zeb

If your boss has admitted donig it then I'd take legal action against him ASAP, his stupidity could've cost you your life.

Zebulon
05-11-07, 08:30 PM
You are not going to believe this crap. If you think this is already stranger than fiction wait till you hear what happened today.

When I went in today I was getting ready to tell my supervisors boss about what happened. Before I could he came and told me that I am to go for a random drug test. This is the first time in almost a year since I have been there I had to go for one. I started to tell him about what happened, but he would not talk about it until I went for the test.

After I got to the testing site I was told I had no longer than 3 hours to submit a urine sample. Being first thing in the morning, I had already went and was not able to go. I drank water like no tomorrow and still was unable to give a sample. I started stressing out very very bad knowing the clock was ticking and running out of time. Ever since I have been on a "water pill" prescribed by my Dr. and Atenolol for my high blood pressure I just don't go as much as I use to. It is several hours a part when I am able to go. At that time in the morning I could not make myself go at all. My add and nerves were kicking my butt hard. I felt like I was going to die.

I don't know if its from the extreme stress I was under not just because of the test, but from the past 2 days events. I could tell my blood pressure had to be through the roof and I still had the pounding headache from the 2 days before when all this happened. I have taken several aspirin and decongestants thinking it may be from allergies. My lungs have been very congested feeling after this happened. I am calling my Dr. tomorrow to set up a appointment.

Since I was unable to give a sample for the drug test, they put me on paid leave until the Medical Review Officer from the drug testing company contacts me for me to explain things. The nurse at the testing clinic said it could be my nerves, the meds I am taking or something else wrong with why I don't go as much as before. I thought going about 2 to 3 times a day was normal. Least it was for me. I don't pay attention to stuff like that.

The 2 people that saw what happened when I came out of the booth, one of them was a temp. that was working with us for the past 2 months. When I came back from the drug test, he and his wife the other temp worker was not there. I asked what happened to them and was told they no longer was needed. The safety guy was still there but they would not let me talk to him.

I don't know what my options are at this point. They are using this "random" drug test as a tool against me. Never had any problems before, once all this gasket stuff got started they throw something else in the mix just to make me look bad. I am so upset over this and don't know what I should do. If they fire me over the drug test I could not take, I don't see many options for me. This is not fair. I feel I am getting totally screwed. Up to this point I have been a model employee. I don't deserve this. I did nothing to cause this at all. If I loose this job and my career I don't know what I will do. I love and need this job more than anything and cant loose it. Very few jobs pay or offer as much as the company I work for and doubt I will ever get a job I love and pays as much as this one.

Even if I do get fired will I still be able to take legal action against them for what my supervisor did to me to get all of this started? I am scared and feel like I am being treated totally wrong. This is not right or fair. In my heart and mind I feel they are totally responsible for this and should be held liable. Does anyone think I have any ground to stand on after what happened today? Even if nothing is wrong with me and all this is more of a mental stress why I could not give a sample for the drug test and my headache is from the extreme stress this has put me under can I still hold them legally responsible for what my supervisor did to me "Just for a Joke"?

I really appreciate everyone's help. I have no friends or anyone to talk to but my 7 cats. They listen, but don't give advice. This has really tore me up. I am so sad. I just cant understand why my boss would try to hurt me in such a dangerous way. And he is still hurting me right now. The mental and physical pain is taking a bad toll on me. I am in pieces.

Thanks again everyone. Just taking about it helps some. :confused: :mad: :confused:

Zeb

meadd823
05-12-07, 03:33 AM
First wtf is up with the three hour to urinate thing heck it had already been two days sense this happened?

If it was that big of a deal they could have straight cathed you and gotten a specimen {only with your permission of coarse}

Water pills like Lasix should make you go to the bathroom more often not less often this doesn't make sense.

meadd823
05-12-07, 03:53 AM
Oh you wanted advice. . .. Oh okay I can do that :D

Spend your off time and worry energy doing research on how you can effectively take this jerk down.

First of all umm you were harassed that is the legal term for what he did to you {in my unprofessional ADHD opinion}

Found with search engine first five minutes

employers responsibilities (http://www.richardseymourlaw.com/employers-responsibility.shtml)

Employers' Responsibility for Harassment
The most important thing to remember is that, with two exceptions, employers are not automatically responsible for harassment in the workplace, but are responsible for failure to take reasonable corrective actions when they become aware of harassment.

Exception #1: Employers are automatically responsible for harassment when it occurs because they ignored earlier problems they knew about, or took unreasonably little action in response to such problems.

Exception # 2: Employers are automatically responsible for harassment when:

a supervisor in a direct line of authority over the employee:
is involved in the harassment,

and also inflicts a “tangible employment action” on the employee:

as part of the harassment, or

as punishment for refusing to “go along” with the harassment.

A “tangible employment action” is an action that would ordinarily have to come to the attention of the company or agency, such as hiring, firing, promotion, compensation, and work assignments such as transfers to much less desirable positions.

***End Quote

Looks like filing an harassment complaint with the company would be the place to start.

If you are going to be put in a situation to fight then I would not hesitate the longer it takes for you to act the weaker your case becomes. This is one reason why the empoyer is draging thier feet. If you have a good enough case some times lawyers will take the case on a contingency basis. In order for them to be held legally responsible then according to the scat amount of information I have actually read in the last ten minutes you must file a complaint of harassment. Whom to report to when your supervisor is the person doing the harassment should be written some where in your employee hand book.

Zebulon
05-12-07, 12:48 PM
The drug test was suppose to be a "random" test. I find it very odd after this happened that this "random" test comes up. Its definatey dirty pool being played against me. They say it had nothing to do with what happened, just my time to go.:rolleyes:

When I first started taking the water pills I went more often about 4 to 6 times a day. Since summer has set in I sweat much more than in the winter. I do a lot of physical activity and sweat a lot. I take them at the same time I take my BP meds at night. I was taking them during the day but the BP meds made me tired, so Dr. said to take them at night. I get up about 2 or 3 times a night to go and when I do first thing in the morning when I get up, I dont have to go again till 1:00 in the afternoon. I go more at night by far than I do in the day. That is why I did not feel the urge during the morning hours cause I had aready went during the night before.

If I waited to take them in the morning I would had no problem giving a sampe. I had no way of knowing I woud be going for their "random" test or I woud had and everything would had been ok.

I dont know about others with ADD, but that is the last thing we need is being under a time limit and under extreme pressure. No matter how hard I tryed I could not get out a sample. 2 hours after it was over when I calmed down a litte I was able to go with no problem.

I dont drink near enough water anyway, especially after they took the water fountain out at work and never replaced it. I cant stand to drink city sink water thats not cold. I hate the taste and smell. When we had a water fountain I drank lots more cause it was ice cold.

There are many differnt factors that lead up to not being able to give the sample. To get them to understand that wil be a useess battle. They dont care why I did not give a sampe, just care about my not.

Zeb

First wtf is up with the three hour to urinate thing heck it had already been two days sense this happened?

If it was that big of a deal they could have straight cathed you and gotten a specimen {only with your permission of coarse}

Water pills like Lasix should make you go to the bathroom more often not less often this doesn't make sense.

Zebulon
05-12-07, 12:58 PM
So does that mean they are responsible for the actions of my supervisor? There would had been no reason to file a compaint before he did this cause what happened is why I would file the complaint.

They wont let me file a complaint until this drug test stuff is resolved. I know who to contact, wont do me any good right now no one will talk to me about this until then.

I have several witness that would tell what happened. They are as mad and disapointed as I am over this and feel something should be done. Everyone else is very professional and pride themselfs on that. When someone especially a supervisor engages in this type of unprofessional behavior, they want to put a stop to it had hold the person or persons accountable for their actions.

Should I go ahead and contact a lawyer before the MRO contacts me? He was suppose to call Friday but never did. :confused:

Thanks Meadd,
Zeb

Oh you wanted advice. . .. Oh okay I can do that :D

Spend your off time and worry energy doing research on how you can effectively take this jerk down.

First of all umm you were harassed that is the legal term for what he did to you {in my unprofessional ADHD opinion}

Found with search engine first five minutes

employers responsibilities (http://www.richardseymourlaw.com/employers-responsibility.shtml)

Employers' Responsibility for Harassment
The most important thing to remember is that, with two exceptions, employers are not automatically responsible for harassment in the workplace, but are responsible for failure to take reasonable corrective actions when they become aware of harassment.

Exception #1: Employers are automatically responsible for harassment when it occurs because they ignored earlier problems they knew about, or took unreasonably little action in response to such problems.

Exception # 2: Employers are automatically responsible for harassment when:

a supervisor in a direct line of authority over the employee:
is involved in the harassment,

and also inflicts a “tangible employment action” on the employee:

as part of the harassment, or

as punishment for refusing to “go along” with the harassment.

A “tangible employment action” is an action that would ordinarily have to come to the attention of the company or agency, such as hiring, firing, promotion, compensation, and work assignments such as transfers to much less desirable positions.

***End Quote

Looks like filing an harassment complaint with the company would be the place to start.

If you are going to be put in a situation to fight then I would not hesitate the longer it takes for you to act the weaker your case becomes. This is one reason why the empoyer is draging thier feet. If you have a good enough case some times lawyers will take the case on a contingency basis. In order for them to be held legally responsible then according to the scat amount of information I have actually read in the last ten minutes you must file a complaint of harassment. Whom to report to when your supervisor is the person doing the harassment should be written some where in your employee hand book.

Lady Lark
05-12-07, 01:50 PM
They wont let me file a complaint until this drug test stuff is resolved. I know who to contact, wont do me any good right now no one will talk to me about this until then.
They can NOT put qualifications on when you can or can't file a complaint. No employer can tell you that you can't file a complaint until a "random" drug test is resloved. File it if they will let you, and if not keep a record of what was said, who said it, and that they would not let you file it. In fact, start keeping a record of everything. Dates, times, people, what was said, etc. Write it all doen as soon as it's done so it's all fresh in your memory, and if you remember something later on, make a note of it, and also make a note that it was recalled later.

Zebulon
05-12-07, 02:37 PM
I agree totally Lady Lark, this is complete bull****. They dont want to know about it so they dont have to act on it. I know they already know, but nothing formal yet...

Doesnt take long for what happened and why get through to them. I totally know this is why I got this "random" test. They knew all the stress I have been under with other issues and when this "joke" happened, they had to know it would push me and my ADD over the point.

In my position considering the extreme stress and ADD, how could anyone be expeted to perform a sample under those extreme conditions. Sure some people may not feel what I was going through to be extreme, but like the old saying goes, you never know until you walk a mile in their shoes. What I feel to be extreme is how it feels to me. How others look at is up to them. May be nothing to them but is a living hell for me.

I have been keeping a log of everything said and events that happened. Even though this has caused me so much stress I feel bad about getting my supervisor in trouble and possibly fired. Before this I thought he was my friend and in a way I know he still is. I know a friend woud never do that, even so everyone has a lapse of good judgement sometimes.

I know this is going to sound stupid, I just dont know if I should just let this slide and go on with my life. I have the skills with my art if I would just do more I could make more than enough money to survive. I have done it before and can do it again.

I have just always let many things slide by. I dont know if this one is something I should or nail their asses to the wall. This is the most serious and dangerous thing ever done to me by far. I know one thing for sure, If I was the one that did what he did, I would be in Jail for assault or what ever law he broke by putting me in danger.

Getting another job that pays what they do will be next to impossible. This has totally broken my trust and outlook for working for any other company. Guess there are only 2 options for me. Depend on my art or take them to court and make them pay for their mistake. Least doing that would make it easier for everyone that works for them now or in the future. Hitting them in the wallet would make them think twice. Just last week they fired a guy that had a heart attack at work after he came back from sick leave. I know this for sure why he got fired. They said he was now a liability risk and had to let him go.
Once anyone becomes a liability to them, they are cut loose. No questions asked. Check this out, he was having a heart attack at work, could hardly speak English and that is why they said he was told to stay at work and finish his shift. One other guy knew what was going on and took him to the hospital. He may get fired over that too. He did not obey orders and left his shift to take the guy. Seems the victim and person heping them both gets in trouble for heping. The safety that helped me by telling what happened got in bad trouble too. He was told "Next time, mind your own damn business." He got so mad and kept saying "I dont care, fire me now!"

What a mess over a "Joke"

Zeb

piglet
05-12-07, 02:40 PM
Worker's comp usually requires a drug test; but even though you take it, it wouldn't be relevant. This was a thing done TO you. If you were using equipment and sliced yourself, well, yeah, a drug test result is relevant. But all you did was BREATHE.

You could have problems years from now as a result of this. If that's the case, you're going to wish in the future that you followed up on tihs now. There's a reason you're supposed to wear a mask. It's not just NOW you need to think about.

What your supervisor did should be brought to the attention of the police as well as Human Resources. You're the victim of a crime.

And if they fire you, you can sue them for that.

You're in the driver's seat, love. Get yourself an attorney. You should not "let this go" and "move on". What if this criminal did this to someone else before, and that person did the right, less comfortable thing and stood up to him? Then YOU wouldn't be in this situation now. By taking action against him you may be saving someone else from his assaults.

Zebulon
05-12-07, 02:56 PM
True Piget, very true. That is why this "random" drug test came up. Since I coud not give a sampe, they told me I could be fired for that cause its an automatic fail. They say its refusing to give a sample. I was more than happy to give them one, just unable at the time. I wish now I had been drinking more water. I just dont get thirsty till I start to dehydrate. Thinking about getting a drink of water is not in for fore front of my mind at home or work.

I have no doubt this coud cause me trouble down the road, I inhaled these fumes for 20 minutes inside a full face mask.

I hate being in the driver's seat. I just want to be the passenger's seat. Guess I watched too many times "Driving Miss Dasiy". Maybe an attorney can take care of all this for me. I dont have the attention for al of this. I have too many other things I need to be doing. This takes away from my focus so bad. I had a hard enough time before this. This is a I needed.

I just want to get my art underway again quick enough to where this is not a set back. I have had so many I am running out of time and patience with this situation and mysef.

Thanks Piget I appreciate Ya,
Zeb

piglet
05-13-07, 12:29 AM
Well, Zeb, right back atcha. But really, worker's comp, so what? You have a really good case against your manager personally and against the company. Don't let the worker's comp piffle sidetrack you. And yes, if you are unable to focus on it, a lawyer would be a handy-dandy thing to have.

There's a good chance that your employer is gambling that you won't have the stones to follow this through, because most people would take the path of least resistance; but I sure would hate to see you let this slide. This was an awful thing to happen to you.

No; correction. This was an awful thing to DO to you! My God, this guy did this on PURPOSE?!? Is he visibly disturbed, or does he appear to be normal to the naked eye? Honest, this person needs to be put in a padded room with nothing he can use to harm others; he's a freakin' menace. Lord! He needs to be locked up, stopped before he can reproduce. Please tell me he doesn't have children he can subject to this kind of psychotic abuse.

A little somewhat relevant story; I'm a nurse. I have a friend who was assaulted at work by a patient; the patient had a psych history, and was a large, strong young woman, and she slammed my friend up against a wall, and hurt her shoulder pretty badly. And what did the hospital management do? They told her she could not go to the ER to get checked on because she had to get her work done, since she was the charge nurse that night; and no, they were not going to call the police because the patient comes first, and if they called the police on their patients it would be bad for business. My friend let them intimidate her.

I wasn't there that night; I would like to think I would have called the cops myself if I were, but I'm not sure I would have had that clarity of vision. If it happened NOW? Well, I'm older and wiser now. And if I were attacked at work - and I don't work at THAT place anymore - someone damn well better call the cops, and if management tried to brush it off, I'd make sure they knew that I know what I can do about it.

meadd823
05-13-07, 07:41 AM
The drug test was suppose to be a "random" test. I find it very odd after this happened that this "random" test comes up. Its defiantly dirty pool being played against me. They say it had nothing to do with what happened, just my time to go

Plant food! or Loda Dung either way

yes they are responsible for the supervisors actions.

I would tell them this

"You will allow me to file my complaint of harassment or I am going to begin dialing numbers to government agencies like OHSHA and the EEOC, wage and hour division until I find one that will come and be a pain in you a55 for months to come. Even if my complaint is invalidated you will be buried in paper work for months proving it. Now I will be there to file my complainant you will investigate it. I will be seeking to reattain the services of an attorney to keep you people honest."

If they refuse to take your complaint open the phone book look under the agencies I mentioned if they don't handle this ask them who does and continue until you find the right one.

This is NOT encouragement to use empty threats you CAN make this happen and they know it They are banking on the possibility you do not. . :mad: . .they are now riding your clock knowing the more time passes the weaker your complaint will be if you decide to do as I have suggested. . . . . well you know what to do now. . :D . .I have just leveled the playing feild . . . . it is handy knowledge to have as an effective motivator. I am not lying there is a government agency that polices these sort of things and the US government is notions for generating paper work in triplicate. . . . and being an over all PIA to whom ever has to deal with them.

OHSHA - does job safety issues - which this was.

EEOC - equal employment commission does fairness issues / harrassment falls under this I think.

wage and hour - payments which I am guessing you pay is being effected.

Attorneys - if you have a good enough case and they think they can win money from it they will take it expecting no money from you. Their payment is contingent upon winning the case. . . if the case is won the attorney takes a percentage {30% is standard I think }

It is your job and your a55 in a sling only you can remedy the situation. Piglet is right there is no way of knowing weather or not this guy has done this before or will do it again to some one else. What he did was wrong. I have just told you how to get their attention how ever I can not do it for you It is not my place to make this decision for another.

I can only tell you this worked for me like you wouldn't believe. Yes there was stress but I would rather be stressed than victimized or a party to some one else's possible victimization in the future.

routhy
05-13-07, 09:15 PM
From what you've said it seems to company is going to fire you, one way or another, if you sue them then get a similar job, even if it pays less, you have the money from the lawsuit carrying you, so there'd be no real issue as far as money goes.

lunaslobo
05-13-07, 09:58 PM
hey zeb in an earlier post you stated that this job was your life. well it is not. if you walk away from this job you still have your life. no job is a persons life. Im not saying that you should not get to the bottom of what is going on, but if you are doing any digging should you be in a posistion that you can be hurt. I think that you need to go to osha and mabe even get some leagle protection on this. good luck my friend and let us know how this comes out.

Zebulon
05-15-07, 05:46 PM
From what you've said it seems to company is going to fire you, one way or another, if you sue them then get a similar job, even if it pays less, you have the money from the lawsuit carrying you, so there'd be no real issue as far as money goes.Yea but not sure what type of lawyer needed. Should it be over what happened over the mask issue or the "random" drug test?

The MRO has not called and its been almost 5 days. They were suppose to call within 24 hours. HR wont return my calls either.

I just dont know what to do. looks like I am screwed and they didnt even bother to buy me dinner...:eek:

Thanks I appreciate the input,
Zeb

Zebulon
05-15-07, 05:50 PM
hey zeb in an earlier post you stated that this job was your life. well it is not. if you walk away from this job you still have your life. no job is a persons life. Im not saying that you should not get to the bottom of what is going on, but if you are doing any digging should you be in a posistion that you can be hurt. I think that you need to go to osha and mabe even get some leagle protection on this. good luck my friend and let us know how this comes out.Thanks I appreciate it. I hope it gets worked out soon. Right now it is looking pretty bad. Went to the Dr. today and he said everything seemed fine. Said the failure to urinate for the "random" drug test was not unusual, especially with all the stress I have been under.

I dont know if I need protection from the mask incident or the "random" drug test. I know I could pass any other type of drug test. I dont use drugs at all. They wont give me other options of testing to prove I am innocent.

This sucks bad. Try to do so good and still end up screwed...This is so unfair and nothing but a living hell for someone with ADD. I dont know why the MRO has not called me and why I am being ignored by HR.

If they fire me will I least be able to get unemployment?

Thanks Again,
Zeb

piglet
05-15-07, 06:48 PM
You need a lawyer regarding the BIG THING -- the assault you suffered when your a55hole boss tampered with your mask.

Start by calling the State Attorney's office. What he did was criminal. You will likely get some idea from that conversation what your next step shouldbe.

Call OSHA, for another thing. They will be very interested in all this.

For the love of God, don't take this lying down. Lord.

Zebulon
05-15-07, 10:52 PM
Ok sounds like a deal. I wil get in contact with them to see what to do. Thanks Piglet I will let you know what I find out.

The MRO called tonight, told me I had to go to one of their doctor's to get some tests done to find out why I could not give a urine sample. I dont know what they are going to do makes me nervous.

A couple of months ago my Dr. increased my adderall to 40mg 2 times a day. Sometimes I get all the way to the bathroom feeling I need to go but dont. I always thought I was loosing interest in going. Does anyone think the increased adderall dosage has anything to do with it? I did feel like I needed to go, but thought it was just because of my nerves. Never had this problem before I started back on my adderall a few months ago.

Any ideas if my meds are causing this whole problem over this stupid test? If I cant give some explaniation of why I could not go or them finding a medical reason they said it would be considered as automatic fail and I will loose my job. I just dont know why I had that problem. It could be the bood pressure meds. Up to a few months ago I never took any of them before. At the same time I have never took 40mg of adderall either. I dont know this bites. When I go in there tomorrow I cant keep saying I dont know. The only thing differnt now is the meds. When I had the pre-employment drug test I was not on my adderall cause I did not have insurance. If anyone has had this problem or knows something about it, Please let me know. More than the job I need the insurance. Maybe its the meds, I dont know. This is the only thing differnt now. :confused:

Thanks,
Zeb

Imnapl
05-15-07, 11:53 PM
Food for thought. Due to a worker's comp. conflict, people at my workplace were advised to never give permission for the release of medical records that do not pertain to the reason for the claim. Some claimants with nothing to hide gave carte blanche permission and their claims were turned down because of "previous medical conditions".

meadd823
05-16-07, 02:37 AM
Zebulon I used to collect drug screens for a living and the MRO is correct it isn't that unusual for people to have trouble urinating "on demand", especially men and when under pressure. Not meant to slander men sorry I forget not all will perceive as I do. I say men tend to have more trouble because they have a lot more distance between bladder and out side world than women. It is a mechanical issue. . . . About the other problem if I ingest too much caffeine with my Adderall I can have "spams" of the bladder and feel like I have to go when I don't. . . . but other men on Adderall would more than likely be of more assistance in this area as I have not experienced male-hood.

piglet
05-16-07, 08:04 AM
Yes, Zeb, please keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you.

Zebulon
05-16-07, 11:04 AM
Thanks I will. Not sure how it will all turn out, but I go to the Dr. the MRO told me to see. I dont know if my adderall has caused my inability to give sample or not. Its the only thing that has changed since I too the last one. Under much more stress now than then too but not sure about if that could have an affect either.

I am so thankful to our ADD family. When people or employeers do you wrong, its nice to know that there are people to help figure out what is really going on.

I appreciate Ya Piglet,
Zeb

Zebulon
05-16-07, 06:27 PM
Well I am screwed. Went to the Dr. that the MRO sent me to, showed him the meds I am taking had a physical test. They could not find anything wrong with me and said since I did not give a sample it was determined to be a "refusal to test" which results to an automatic fail. This is total bull****. I even asked my pharmacist if the adderall could be causing my not able to go on demand. He said it definitely could be cause stimulants can cause this type of problem. The MRO said he thought that adderall would not have anything to do with it. I have searched out this on the net after I got back and found many places that says different.

This is complete bull**** and I feel like I am being railroaded. Its not fair and I don't accept it. I have no idea what I am going to do. Insurance, job, income all gone because of not being able to give a stupid sample. This bites. I just started my adderall a couple of months ago and my body is still adjusting to it. This is a reasonable reason. If I had known about adderall having these type of side effects I could had said something sooner. I am to my wits end. Does anyone know what I should do? I offered to take a hair test or blood but its not in the company policy to allow these types of tests.

Any input please let me know. I have to call HR again tomorrow. Looks pretty certain I will be fired. Will I be able to get unemployment? One of the conditions is loosing your job from no fault of your own. I don't see how being unable to produce a urine sample is my fault. I am all to pieces. Life has fallen apart. What should I do?

Zeb

amythyst
05-16-07, 08:33 PM
Do you have a lawyer yet? If not get one asap. If you don't know what kind to get, just start calling lawyers in the phonebook and if they can't help you ask them what kind of lawyer will help...then keep calling until you find one. Get a lawyer for the "joke" incident and be sure to tell them about the random testing as well. It is all part of the same harrassment you are being subjected to by your employer. Tell the lawyer everything and let them decide exactly what to sue for.

Have you seen YOUR doctor about the urination thing? Get him to put it IN WRITING that this may be an issue for you, and the reason's why. Ask your pharmacist if they have any documentation on it. Print out everything you find on the internet.

Call any and all government agencies related to workplace safety, employment standards, and harrassment. Tell tehm what happened and ask them what you can do about it. Call any number you can find.

Don't worry about calling the wrong place for anything. If they can't help you then thank them for their time and ask them who can help you. If they give you answers that you don't like (ie. supporting the employer, which they shouldn't be doing anyway) keep track of it and move on to the next call.

Keep your chin up! Your health and sanity are more than worth the effort to stand up to the people who have wronged you.

Zebulon
05-16-07, 08:48 PM
Well this sucks. Just got a call from HR. I have just been fired. I dont know what else to do. I tried to explain, no use. Just kept saying nothing they can do. I knew this was going to happen.

http://www.answers.com/topic/adderall
http://www.steadyhealth.com/Adderall__Insomnia__and_Anorexia_t5***4.html

I am screwed. Doubt I will be around tomorrow. This is the straw that broke me.

Zeb

Thanks for the info though. Just nothing can be done. I am a real **** up.

meadd823
05-17-07, 06:59 AM
No now you simply have all the reason in the world to fight back. The employer can not do any thing more to harm you but you still have the same options you had when this all began.

I have never heard of any one being fired because they could not pee for a "random" sample.

Begin with OSHA this is the work safety people, then go to the unemployment office they will not only give you direction to state your case they maybe able to secure funds while you look for another job, and provide job search opportunities.

You have not fought back so they figured it would be easier to get rid of you than to do what they are supposed to do. . . . .some thing smells fishy

Zebulon
05-17-07, 09:01 AM
Yea I agree Meadd. Its a matter of principal now. I know it has to do with my ADD too cause of how it was all set up. The Dr. that saw me did no physical examination as to find out what was wrong, just a blood test and he listened to my heart. It was more mental type of stuff, medical history and add questions.

Even so, I don't see how much of anything can be discovered in less than a 10 minute "exam". The MRO talked to me like I was a piece of **** trash. Like he has heard it all before and this is no different. Screw him. Screw it all. I was tired of being their little circus poodle with my tutu jumping around dancing on my back paws sometimes jumping through Fire Rings, often getting burns I dance and prance around patiently waiting on their treat. Or waiting like a dog with Big eyed at the end of the table as they sloth down meals. I am tired of their table scraps!!! Once they found out about my add I was on my way out of there kept me assure you. Screw that. I aint driving you anymore Miss Daisy. No mam!

No worries, its all good. This is all a sign. Anyone see that posting I did about going with your gut and I started this experiment about testing your gut and going with it? This is a prime example to follow it. This was way before any of this happened. The seeds you plant today are what you harvest later.

If you want any hot pink flamingo's let me know. I am going to load up some video's and pics. If you have ADD or on the forum you get a special discount. If you don't have add or not registered on the forum, first don't be around here leaching by reading and not register. They will be charged full price, Its about time we start to discriminate. Why not they do to us all the time. You know its true, see examples of it everyday. Look at what just happened to me. looks like for dinner tonight is ground hog hash. Don't ask me how its prepared.

Well off to the workshop to do some work. I don't have any pink wire for the flamingo's. Just yellow. I hope it doesn't look too stupid. Is that not a typical look for an ADD artist? Everything perfect looking down to the final detail and you use a totally different color than what would be expected, Pink to some other color that has nothing to do or even close to pink for a pink flamingo. Doh!!! I can see how people will look at them. Just the only couple colors I have on hand. Gotta do something with it. Regardless of it I will still proudly put them on E-bay.

I am in control of my life and my art. No more tablescraps working my *** off and getting so little in return from a company from the planet I don't give a Damn.

I am going to take a stand on that as principal for all of us here. I don't think its right to mess with anyone that has this type of disability. Yea I said it, Disability. Why did I call it that? Because we are disabled in living in "their normal" society. Sure some people can spot an ADD'er a mile away. Well they didn't. Liked me enough to hire me. Telling them you have ADD is like saying you have the black plague. After they know it all changes. Nope, wont put up with this as a matter of principal to everyone.

You will see. You might mess with people in genera, but you don't ever, never miss with an ADD'er. You would have better chances fighting the devil and winning before you take on an ADD'er. I have made that decision and will stick with it. I already called my Dr. and told him.

Until then I am going out to the garage my new workshop and make some weird looking multi color pink flamingos. Least they wont give me any problems other than looking at me with those small shallow yet deep eyes. I think I am going to have to cover their eyes to work on them. Kinda spooks me out looking at them. Get 5 or 6 in there, its kinda spooky. All for the price of art I guess. I will try not to spook out. I will shoot a video with them under my flying ghosts I have set up in my garage. That would look crazy.

Take Care All,
Zeb

Imnapl
05-17-07, 09:12 AM
Until then I am going out to the garage my new workshop and make some weird looking multi color pink flamingos. Least they wont give me any problems other than looking at me with those small shallow yet deep eyes. I think I am going to have to cover their eyes to work on them. Kinda spooks me out looking at them.How about shades / sunglasses for the flamingos? :cool:

Zebulon
05-17-07, 09:19 AM
You know what why the hack not! I can make EL Wire sunglasses for them. Make some with the granny strap on them. No offense to anyone who wears them, just trying to name the look for what its called. I can even put shoes and a hat on them. Without shoes could be the tropical look. Maybe I sell clothes for them and give some dignity. All naked, bare, cold sometimes helpless...Just ike being cold, naked and curled up on the foor. Isnt it Ironic? Dont you think?

amiegrace
05-20-07, 01:59 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SUE THESE BAZZARDS.

You could use your documentation as well as what you have posted on this board as evidence. What your supervisor did to you was TOTALLY TOTALLY WRONG. It is going to be so obvious to any judge with three brain cells that the drug test was simply their supposedly *foolproof* way to fire you or discredit you should you sue them.

PLEASE get a lawyer and sue them FIRST for the *joke* which was NOT a joke, the supervisor was just evil. THEN you get to sue them for wrongful termination. Go in and get a urine sample as soon as possible to have it on record. And then GET THEM. This is a blatant attempt to get rid of you. And hopefully they will have to cough up a whole lotta cash for your trouble.

Zebulon
05-20-07, 03:10 PM
This is as screwy as my Aunt Rita, and she is screwed. I totally agree with you Amiegrace. This has just popped up at the wrong time totally. With the loss of my Sister yesterday and a that just in a week of everything else that happened, I am not sure right now. My car is not able for a 5 hour one way road trip right now. Not to mention myself. I want to be there with family but at the same time I don't, I am sad enough here and would be there also. Much more to it than that for sure, just cant go in to detail right now. Point being I think it would be best to not be there for all concerned. My Brother is getting in from Iraq tonight, so he will be there.

So I have the choice, stay here with things the way they are and deal with them while working on my art stuff that I am getting ready to do a listing on. I have made some cool stuff I know will sale. I think I could do more here right now for the family, give them a adjustment period during this I can continue with what I have going and get to the point personally and more financially sound. There are quite a few things I need to do on the house for my Mom. I want to do some changes in it for her to freshen it up and help her to feel better. I know it is hard on her loosing her Husband and Daughter in the same house. Pretty spooky the place being basically the same for the past 37 years. Nice house though but just the same. I need to help my Mom out I think. Only way I am going to do that is move some art on E-bay. The Flamingo's are way cool. I have always done well with art when I could get off my butt and do it. I have quite a few things I have made ready to go.
If I make enough I will be able to have a house built for my Sisters husband and 2 little boys. They moved out to a place my Grandmother use to live. She died of Breast Cancer too. They planned on building a house on some and my Mom had given to them. My Sister got sick before they had the money to build it. She was disabled with Cancer for 5 years, after 3 tried to get her disability and never got approved. That should never take that long to get when you are really disabled. Just not fair. My mom would had given them the money to build but she is still waiting on a policy to pay in the passing of my Dad. He worked at a company for 43 years, a new company bought them out 1 year before that and during the time my Dad was out sick while he was passing away. He worked at a concrete plant. The cement dust he would breath al those years, the acid in the cement dust caused scaring on his lungs over the years and to the point of not being able to process oxygen anymore. He was just 61.
Things being the way they are in the past 5 years, I think the best thing for me to do for the family is to bust my hump, get my things to going move some art and go there later and do what I can to help give a new outlook to them. I cant do anything right now, but if I prepare property in no time I can. Just give a little time to adjust. My Aunt our Dad's sister just lost her daughter that was only like 39 after a brain aneurysm. Also lost her husband right before that just 1 year.
So I don't know if I will sue them or just pressure them into giving me my job back with lost pay and 401k and a raise. If they do that I would be happy and feel vindicated. I might even go a step further, since my boss has so much time to play games and "Jokes" maybe I need to be his supervisor. Even though I don't know everything he knows how to do, but what supervisor really totally does? Its not a matter right now what I could do least to me, just more of a matter of what needs to get done.
Maybe I have really snapped. I don't know. Since I could not seem to make it to see my Sister before she died, I don't see how it would be right to go now since I didn't. If all this crap had not happened at work, I would had already been there the moment I got the call. With this past week I just was not mentally or physically to do it. I would had worked on my car other than art. I just got tied up with that after I was fired trying to make sure I could do something to pick up the slack of the job loss. There was no way I could go to my family's acting like nothing was wrong with what was going on there, I just knew that would be too much to handle. How could I been any good for them if I was not even good for myself?

Sorry to get in a ramble. I just hope when I look back on this I will have done the right thing. Just feel like I need to provide them with new options. How can I do that until I am ready,

Gees, I am willing to bet next week will be better. How could get worse? For real I am not complaining at all. Its just the situation. Wish I could had done more for them. And will find a way I will.

Oh Yea, Check this out I ran out of Pink EL Wire for my Flamingo's so I started using the other colors I had on hand to make some with. Since Hot Pink is a special color and sorta the basis on this entire project I have been doing and Pink is the color for Breast Cancer and since I lost my Sister, 2 Grandmother's, I am going to Donate 10% of all sales of the Pink EL Wire either sold or used in artwork to a Breast Cancer Society to help in the fight and support for families with this. I have always wanted to find a real way to give back something in a word that everything is taken so much from just a little something. I got to thinking, I have 12 colors I use and would like to have a color to stand for something used to donate to other charity's on. Like we could pick a color for ADD and 10% of its sales could go to a fund or a place that helps people who cant afford their meds. Many on here cant afford their meds they need, In a small way it would be away to help someone else. To me if all I could afford to do was help just one person, Yea it would be all worth it to me.

You know what? Even with all I have went through with this weird week of transition, if in some way it was to help just one person out there in some way, that would make it all worth while to me and my Sister.

None of this probably made any sense and I think I lost my point. Doh! You should be in my head. Worse than a Borg Cube.

Zeb

Zebulon
05-20-07, 04:02 PM
Oh Yea, if you think all of this is crazy, here is just one more for Ya. No details, but if want to know more and board worthy, I will do a posting on it. I can prove everything I say from newspaper and TV coverage. All of it is true and to the fact like everything else I tell you....Throw this into the mix...My other sister adopted 2 little kids from a total crack ***** that her and her boyfriend lured another guy into the woods and killed him. They got into fighting when her BF forgot the log chains to tie the dead guy up in and throw in the river. So they left the body on the train tracks and a train hit him.:faint:

Now that is a story I don't mind telling if anyone likes to know the troubled twisted tale of how that came full circle just a few weeks ago. Think that is stranger than fiction, I will give you one more twist. My sister got in contact with them through my Dad's sister...Which also happens to be my Biological Mom that gave me up for adoption to her Brother my Dad that raised me. All of that is another story. Point being that is how all these connections formed. Complete with honest to goodness truth, factual events and accuracy of the events that just concluded.From Drugs, Sex, Lies, Disputes, House Burning, Conspiracy and Murder, Yep a in a nice little package called Life. Totally messed up... Tragic but the truth. I will do something you are never suppose to know and a dream for us ADD'ers.....The end result. 2 Beautiful most happy little girls with a stable family adopted into where they are very much loved, cared for provided for, will give them the solid firm foundation to build their life on in a family that loves them accepts them as their own into a Family. For the past 3 years it took getting permanent custody my Sister that passed saw them everyday. My Mom cares for them and the rest of the grandkids 6 total at 62 gave my Sister something to take the short walk to the house and visit and help take care of the kids. Only the 2 new adopted ones. One that is around 3 now and the other 5. Could be younger I am not sure, During the years my Mom and Dad helped raise many other family member's kids other than their own. There are about 10 to 12 of them from the ages of 15 40 years old. Could be more just off the top of my head. That is one of the reasons my Mom's house looks the same as it has for al these years. Few different things added in time but still the same. Hard to explain why. When you look through the pics you can see it clear as day. That is why I feel the need to do so much for her, all she has done and given to. Just last week was her Birthday and Mother's Day both. I called her and she was going down to the hospital to stay with my sister. What a B-day that had to be for her, not to mention Mothers Day. And yet still have I yet to send off the cards I got for 2 weeks ago. I am the biggest slacker.

That is why there is so much for me to do. So much have gone on, so much for me to do. I have to be the one to supply this. This is my time to do something and this time I am going to do it right. Wish I could had done it for my sister. Either way, I will make her proud and my Dad. He did say I would never make a living doing art. With the stuff I have seen and knowing what I can do, maybe proving him wrong might be what makes him the most proud of me. Eh, either way I am happy, after all its more about the art than profit.

Let me know if you want the story about that Crack Head ***** that lured that guy into the woods. Its crazy as heck. No one believe me at first but when you do your own background on it you see its true. I know first hand that is why I know its true.

None of this probably made any sense and I think I lost my point. Doh! You should be in my head. Worse than a Borg Cube

okashira
05-23-07, 09:26 PM
So that's it?

You went from "This job is my life."

to ... "This litte prank has screwed up my life. I dont want to see this happen to anyone."

then, after several people telling you to get a lawyer,

"I don't know what to do."

That's it? you just give up? you're going to take it up the *****? Why? Why wont you get a lawyer? You wont even try?

made my day.

lunaslobo
05-24-07, 07:27 AM
So that's it?

You went from "This job is my life."

to ... "This litte prank has screwed up my life. I dont want to see this happen to anyone."

then, after several people telling you to get a lawyer,

"I don't know what to do."

That's it? you just give up? you're going to take it up the *****? Why? Why wont you get a lawyer? You wont even try?

made my day.this is a little harsh dont you think. he may not be going in the direction you think is right, but he may be going in the direction he thinks or feels he has to. we cant judge the actions of others before we truly know what he or she is going thru or what we would truly do in their situation. so before we lash out, think if what we are going to say will help the cure or add to the problem.

Zebulon
05-28-07, 10:11 PM
Well it was my life before this happened, made good money liked the work. Prank day happened, got everyone looking right at me from top management to others working there. People say to get an lawyer cause what he did was so wrong its not funny, legally and morally.

Tomorrow they want me to bring in al my stuff and do an exit interview. Should I turn in anything till I take to an lawyer? My Dr. still wants to call, he feels different about what the MRO said about the drug test stuff too. I totally have and had medical reasons for not being able to give a urine sample in time.

So what do I tell them tomorrow? I will start sending out E-mails to lawyers in my area and call lists for tomorrow. Oh yea the place I work for is or was a federally regulated area. They will come down on this hard once it hits.

Last week I mourned over my sister, this week I move on. From this point I have no idea what is going to happen. Very scary unsettling feeling.

Zeb

lunaslobo
06-01-07, 06:35 AM
Last week I mourned over my sister, this week I move on. From this point I have no idea what is going to happen. Very scary unsettling feeling.
that is one of the hardest things to face, is just the not knowing what is going to happen next. I really do hope you are looking for something else while all this is going on. It is good to have options open to you, but also not to burn bridges as you are doing it. Your place of work right now does not need to know that you are looking. again good luck and keep us informed as to what you are doing.

Zebulon
06-05-07, 11:35 AM
that is one of the hardest things to face, is just the not knowing what is going to happen next. I really do hope you are looking for something else while all this is going on. It is good to have options open to you, but also not to burn bridges as you are doing it. Your place of work right now does not need to know that you are looking. again good luck and keep us informed as to what you are doing.
:confused: Well it has been 3 weeks. Not much changed, still not called HR, not called employment atty that wants me to come by. Motivation eh not sure guess I am not wanting to do it. Funds are low too. I just dont know how long the atty process would even take. I just want my job back. 3 of the meds I was and still take listed what happened to me as a common side effect. Doesnt look good at all. Oh yea E-bay thing fell though. No bids.