View Full Version : Whats your best invention?

Revz
05-15-07, 10:55 PM
Ever

and maby not invention just something you made... mine would have to be the other night when i was bored and up really late because i had to write a paper for school and i was finished way earlier but i took extra meds so i could focus... oh well anyways i added speakers to the side of my back pack (in the pockets so it looked like they were part of the backpack) so i can play music louldy down the hall ways and annoy people :D :D :D :D

Johnnny
05-17-07, 08:32 PM
-i made a potato gun yesterday, and now i want to make something else but i dont know what yet lol. I wanna make some kind of engine but i havent found simple enough plans yet on the internet.
-if not im going to make a catapult lol, or mabye try and make a treduchet
lol

meadd823
05-17-07, 09:06 PM
myself some shade in the middle of no where. . . ..

Crazy~Feet
05-17-07, 10:24 PM
I am constantly inventing unique and entertaining new ways to annoy and embarrass my older children. They are at the age where they think they know everything and I know nothing about life :rolleyes: anyway, so I have fun with them whenever possible!

(By the way they know when I am fooling around. Just like I am now) :D

jacinta
05-18-07, 10:44 AM
once upon a time it was said that 'necessity was the mother of invention' - but I don't think this is the case any more. Except, that we may have to invent things to counteract the environmental problems we have created! How did we get to a state where pollution, global warming, waste etc has become such an environmental hazard? Need or greed?

Sargon
05-18-07, 12:52 PM
Mine is still in the concept stage. I call it the Whale Zeppelin. It's a means of whale watching from a silent, airborne, dirigible craft, instead of by boat.

acceptance
05-21-07, 01:30 AM
mines very simple,i cut a water container,one with a handle,we buy our water,waiting to have our filter put in,the container holds 10litres,so i used one of them,cut it to 3/4 size still with the handle on and now its my peg bucket that attatches easily to the clothes line(put a hole on the bottom,so the water(rain)seeps thru.

Faylen
05-21-07, 07:35 AM
I prefer to pull weeds out by hand, but at the new house, we have a ton of them that spread by root runner, and all that does is make more little rootlets and even more weeds. For those, I usually use Roundup, but the other problem is that it's very, very windy here.

I took a 20-ounce soda bottle and cut off the bottom, and the top opening fit right onto the sprayer on the spray bottle with a snap. I was able to put the soda bottle over the weed and spray it without getting Roundup on any other plants!

Johnnny
05-21-07, 11:46 AM
-im in the process of gathering materials to make a homemade radio, i just gotta get a germanium battery cell, i think :)
-then after that, mabye ill make that trebuchet :D

FightingBoredom
05-21-07, 12:21 PM
I want to make a trash compactor for my car.
The best invention I've ever had though is the game PICTIM.

Johnnny
05-21-07, 03:31 PM
-im in the process of gathering materials to make a homemade radio, i just gotta get a germanium battery cell, i think :)
-then after that, mabye ill make that trebuchet :D
sorry a germanium diode detector, anyone know what kind of store would sell those?

jamesW
05-21-07, 07:02 PM
glow in the dark toilet bowl water...i thought of it ten years ago and just saw it advertised on late nite t.v...snooze ya lose..:(

fellow worker
05-25-07, 02:17 PM
My area of invention is in ways of occupying my mind while doing other things. I've made a lot of various duct-tape cases for PDAs and sound machines so that I can do things like listen to music while cleaning or read an ebook from my PDA while doing the dishes. We have a machine in our new (to us) house, but I have a custom case for my PDA so I can hang it on the wall in place of a decoration and read while I do the dishes.

Similarily, I read from a PDA while I cook, clean (well, I stop cleaning and read), go to the bathroom, wash my hands, etc. I used to read as I walked between classes. But I never, ever just sit down and *read* a novel. It's always while I am or should be doing something else. And I make up all sorts of contraptions to enable this behavior. :D

jacinta
05-26-07, 09:45 AM
What do you think that an ideal ADD home should have in it? Besides a computer and the internet and the basics.

Vhan
05-27-07, 08:33 AM
I took a Deodrent bottle, and fixed it up, and turned it into a carrying case for my cheep digital camra :)

Its padded on the inside and everything too :p

I'm also in the middle of brainstorming ideas for my own fruniture...my motto is "symetry is boreing" so I'll have no problem going to the dump, finding what I need and slapping it togeather with a welder :)

I'm also comtimplateing createing my own language...just because I don't like the idea of buming off japaneese characters, and somehoe english doesn't have the same effect, so one day (proabley in the next week) I'll get started on that...hhehe, I can paint cool looking characters, and everyone (includeing the japaneese people) get to ask me "whatdoesthatsay?"

lunaslobo
06-21-07, 08:06 AM
I was working at our hospital a number of years back and one of our confused patients got some, well, not so nice stuff on her hands and under her nails. We could not wash it off too easy because it had dried so hard we were afraid we would hurt her. I got the idea of putting lotion and a little mild soap in a disposable glove and put it on her hands. we waited five minutes and took the gloves off and the stuff came right off her hands and even from under her nails. I was wondering why there could not be disposable gloves for just this pourpose, or just to have lotion in them to keep hands soft or if someone had skim problems of the hand.