View Full Version : is this another sensory?

acceptance
05-18-07, 03:16 AM
;) being oversensitive?
not as much in day to day life,through the ones that we are close to (i have a handful),with a direct response to something that ive said,and i pause only sometimes ,and careful if i accidently hurt someone elses feelings,but find in some occasions what is said back to me is outright insensitive.
Does anyone follow what im saying here,or should(hate that word)i let it go over my head and drift to something else?
now im really rambling, :p

speedo
05-18-07, 06:26 PM
It's not really a sensory issue. It is more due to anxiety and getting overfocused on detials from time to time. I think that our tendency to sometimes be less than socially graceful can leave us feeling a bit concerned that we have blundered socialy... also I think that some people are just empathic and very keenly tuned into the feelings of others... In some cases this may be due to hypervigilance like that which is sometimes exhibited by adders or by people who have ptsd..

The bottom line is that a lot of adders are very sensitive emotionally, and there is a big variety of reasons for it.

ME :D

;) being oversensitive?
not as much in day to day life,through the ones that we are close to (i have a handful),with a direct response to something that ive said,and i pause only sometimes ,and careful if i accidently hurt someone elses feelings,but find in some occasions what is said back to me is outright insensitive.
Does anyone follow what im saying here,or should(hate that word)i let it go over my head and drift to something else?
now im really rambling, :p

acceptance
06-06-07, 01:25 AM
thankyou Speedo,your post was very helpful.:)