View Full Version : who carries metadate ER?

kristin.m
05-21-07, 01:21 PM
Do any national pharmacies stock Metadate-ER?

I've just spent 45 minutes and have contacted 6 different pharmacies (Rite Aid, Eckerd, Target, CVS, and two local ones, one hospital-affiliated!), only to be told that none of them carry it. Sure, they have or can get Metadate-CD, but the copay difference will be vast (try $12 for the ER and $48 for the CD).

kristin.m
05-21-07, 02:45 PM
Eckerd finally ordered it for me, after I swore that I had contacted all the pharmacies that take my insurance within a 5-mile radius, and begged and pleaded with the pharmacist. It should be in within 24-72 hours.

Wouldn't think it would be this difficult to get a generic med. Guess there is too much profit to be made from selling non-generics?

JR1973
07-13-07, 09:10 AM
Isn't that the same as Ritalin SR (old, unreliable sustained release 20mg)? My local Rite Aid always has it in stock, brand and generic.

J

kristin.m
07-13-07, 10:17 AM
Yes, but was unbelievably hard to find. It took my pharmacy over a week to get it in stock. By that point, my regular doc had arranged for a script of generic IR ritalin.

Once the metadate finally came in, I tried it for a few days and found that it makes me anxious, just like Adderall-XR did. So I'm sticking with just plain-old regular IR ritalin for now, with my pdoc's blessing.

So annoying that things have to be this complicated!

brandonsmom
02-04-08, 12:55 PM
My sons on metadate er and I get mine at my local HEB pharmacy or at the Walmart here.

Annadara
02-05-08, 07:31 PM
I take metadate cd, and I am able to get it at the local pharmacy.