View Full Version : Can I just moan??

CrazyLilTh1ng
05-30-07, 07:46 PM
So I only post once in a while, but a good old rant helps relieve the pressure.

I hate my hair. I have trichotillomania, so a load just gets pulled out, HOWEVER, there is quite a lot left and I hate it. I wear it scraped back tight (which my dr says contributes to hair loss), so I can't feel it but if it is down it drives me mad. I hate people touching it. True, it is worse if it is dirty, but to me it feels greasy and dirty right after I wash it. I can only bear it for like 20 minutes after a shower then it feels like it is dripping with grease again. I want to shave it off, but I think bald women look ridiculous.

It even feels gross tied up... if a bit escapes onto my neck I cringe. Anyone who ever touches it beware, I might bite you.

I also hate noise when I am trying to sleep, well, certain noises, mainly television sounds, talking or music. My brother does not care about this and he makes it hard for me to get to sleep most nights. Maybe that is why I am feeling irritated.

Good night.

Crazy~Feet
05-30-07, 07:51 PM
Rant on CLT! Its one of the best parts about being a member here...the right to a righteous rant! :cool:

Go for it...

CrazyLilTh1ng
05-30-07, 07:56 PM
In that case...

My hair feels dirty right now, infact it feels like it may come alive and crawl off my head (which may be a bonus). Why can't women look pretty bald? I know some people think they do, but not me.

It is weird how sensory problems change. When I was 16, Samsara was my favourite perfume, I loved it. Now the smell literally makes me want to be sick. It is the same with many female perfumes. Right now, all I can stand to wear is J-Lo glow, and that doesn't smell that great. Maybe I should go for the au naturel BO scent?

speedo
05-30-07, 08:48 PM
Have you tried masking noises with other noises ?

The noise of a fan can mask out the faint noise of a TV in another room. I did this for years as a kid ... my father liked TV and was a tad deaf so I had to mask out the loud TV noise with a fan running in my bedroom in order to sleep.

Me :D

acceptance
05-30-07, 11:13 PM
In that case...

My hair feels dirty right now, infact it feels like it may come alive and crawl off my head (which may be a bonus). Why can't women look pretty bald? I know some people think they do, but not me.

It is weird how sensory problems change. When I was 16, Samsara was my favourite perfume, I loved it. Now the smell literally makes me want to be sick. It is the same with many female perfumes. Right now, all I can stand to wear is J-Lo glow, and that doesn't smell that great. Maybe I should go for the au naturel BO scent?
I dont know if this helps??...a teatree based shampoo is good for your hair,use no conditioner maybe?blowdry before tieing it up?:rolleyes:

Swede63
05-30-07, 11:19 PM
What about a really short hair cut instead?

Crazy~Feet
05-31-07, 12:32 AM
Tea tree oil shampoo is great stuff, just be sure to smell it ahead of time. It can have a strong odor to it.

Crazygirl79
05-31-07, 06:30 PM
I have long hair but I can't wear it down for too long as I hate the feel of it on my neck!! I hate short hair too...it looks yuck! so I have a nice stash of hair ties....lol and I use them that much they end up snapping....so it can be a costly exercise but I don't mind!

I might check out that Tea Tree Oil shampoo Crazy~Feet...I'm assuming you use it??

Selena:)

Crazy~Feet
05-31-07, 06:33 PM
I have used it, yes and it does make your hair have a nice shiny look to it. It makes it very smooth too. Just watch which brand you get to avoid the stench of course... I have terrible issues with stenches and sensory, do you?

Crazygirl79
05-31-07, 06:54 PM
No I have no real issues with stenches...my sense of smell is under active and that's not always good! but I do wish my hearing was under active at time!

Selena:)

acceptance
06-01-07, 07:36 AM
I agree Crazy~...i posted about hairshampoo~tea tree..ahhh im lost for words,sorry.

Crazy~Feet
06-01-07, 11:43 AM
No I have no real issues with stenches...my sense of smell is under active and that's not always good! but I do wish my hearing was under active at time!

Selena:)Heh...I am hyposenstive to pain, and heat. That's not always a good one to have either. I do wish the sense of smell was not so darn acute, especially when I go out in public (clu: many people also stink to me) ;). I take Abilify before I go out to stop this annoying symptom.

I also got a great bit of advice from Speedo, which is to overload another sense in some way. I keep lozenges with me at all times. Overloading my sense of taste can decrease the sense of smell issue sometimes (but not always).

dormammau2008
06-04-07, 09:01 PM
hey creay feet iam sentive to heat an pain but i do have a higher pain toelncet but i dont like pain less than most my body temp gose uo up an dwon tonight i was 104, back to 37.5 now so allways fulting dono about you but at the pics when they do the 3d bit like in jaws i didnt need glass for it i can se it the same way with out stregen anyone eles see things that way sometimes oh right you can sme;ll things more as well???? hope your well crazy feet hugs

good therede dorm

Crazygirl79
06-11-07, 07:40 PM
I know what you mean and Speedo gives great advice!!:D Heh...I am hyposenstive to pain, and heat. That's not always a good one to have either. I do wish the sense of smell was not so darn acute, especially when I go out in public (clu: many people also stink to me) ;). I take Abilify before I go out to stop this annoying symptom.

I also got a great bit of advice from Speedo, which is to overload another sense in some way. I keep lozenges with me at all times. Overloading my sense of taste can decrease the sense of smell issue sometimes (but not always).