View Full Version : i had the worst deppresion attack in 2004

Guest1
06-05-07, 12:06 PM
i was so deppresed try to commit suicide i jumped a bridge on i4 in orlando luckly i only broke my ankle but drinking and deppresion and adhd arent good mixeses

Halcyon Days
06-05-07, 11:26 PM
I've been depressed essentially for the past 20 years, since I was 10. I haven't had the courage to try killing myself, the closest I ever came was lightly slicing my one wrist with a razor blade. Two weeks ago I got so bad that I grabbed a knife from the kitchen but I couldn't bring myself to to slice my hand let alone anything else. I hate pain too much. That said, I have had thoughts of suicide pretty much on a daily basis for the past decade. 300mg of wellbutrin seems to help, I should probably go to 400 like the psychiatrist suggested.

For some reason I still have some hope somewhere in me that things will get better. It's what keeps me being. That and I'm really stubborn, and I don't give in easily. I persevere no matter what. It's a good thing and a bad thing depending on when I use it.

All I can say is never give in because no matter what there is always hope.

Jett
08-21-07, 10:30 PM
My last suicide attempt was July of 2006. I put a wet towel on my hand and then unplugged a lamp in the bathroom. Well, I didn't end up electrocuting myself because it was one of those safety outlets. I didn't know that at the time of course.

Depression and ADD are not good combinations, I definately have to agree with that.

Even though I take meds, I still feel suicidal every now and then.

Crazygirl79
08-21-07, 10:59 PM
Jett.

I'm so sorry to hear this...I know how you feel from time to time and I really hope things get better for you soon:(

Peace
Selena:)

Crazygirl79
08-21-07, 11:00 PM
No Marytza ADD and Depression are not great mixes at all...:(

Selena:)

xxx007
08-21-07, 11:36 PM
Hang in there.....

I've had the major blues for most of my life. Depression/anxiety meds never helped me. I started exercising daily 3 years ago and that immediatley made a huge difference especially now with my ADHD meds.

I'm sure you guys probably know this and may exercise daily but I wanted to pass it on again. I've been there w/ you..There were times when I couldn't get out of the house for days.. Good luck!

btw..Things still are not perfect for me..I probably drink to much and still have the blues occasionally..but I just keep jogging and sometimes i fell i'm on a tite rope walking on a thin line..but it all works out.. I'm running another marathon in October.

MaNaeSWolf
10-29-07, 05:40 AM
Hang in there.....

I've had the major blues for most of my life. Depression/anxiety meds never helped me. I started exercising daily 3 years ago and that immediatley made a huge difference especially now with my ADHD meds.

I'm sure you guys probably know this and may exercise daily but I wanted to pass it on again. I've been there w/ you..There were times when I couldn't get out of the house for days.. Good luck!

btw..Things still are not perfect for me..I probably drink to much and still have the blues occasionally..but I just keep jogging and sometimes i fell i'm on a tite rope walking on a thin line..but it all works out.. I'm running another marathon in October.
Excersise helps a lot. running was my medicine for so long, but now my knee is buggered and I cant really jog more than 3km before I have to stop cause of my stupid knee. Now I gym, but its not the same. I think the solitude combined with the run helped me,not just jogging.
Me really want to go for a jog right now, hate depression.

kilted_scotsman
10-29-07, 07:34 AM
Depression...yup big one right now

Suicidal...thoughts yes, actions no.....the kids keep me going....but the main issue is that being married with kids stops me from my previous strategy for getting myself out of a depressive state by going out and seeing people which usually led to an interesting job/time/new relationship.

I know how bad the mix of alcohol and depression is and am taking action about my alcohol issues...but it does mean that another self-medication route is removed, leaving me to cope with depression and ADHD behaviours almost completely defenceless.

My therapist says my current episode is possibly triggered by my upcoming ADHD assessment......in that my brain has stopped trying to hold things together with bits of string and sticky tape.

Who knows..whatever the reasons its not a good place to be.

kilt

Skully
10-29-07, 06:22 PM
I have been in and out of depression since my mom died in 2005. At what point does grief end and depression begin? She was my best friend as well. I never attempted suicide but thought about it many times. I don't think I would ever go through with it though.

Zane_da_Maori
11-01-07, 10:11 PM
oi now dont go killin urself like dat. die wif honour. den u get tru mana (respect)