View Full Version : ive gainend way to much weight since i finish high school and did sports

Guest1
06-05-07, 12:12 PM
i wanna know whats wrong i need help loosing my weight and be back to my normal figure

sportbikechic
06-05-07, 02:36 PM
Do you currently live an active lifestyle?

If not, that is a great place to start. Unfortunately, as we age and mature our weight changes. Blah! Although, it can be helped with alot of work.

Try looking at what you currently eat on a day to day basis. Keep a food journal, set some reasonable goals food wise, look into different diets that help with weight loss and ADD. What works for me is to limit; carbs and sugars. I try to eat as low fat as I can. Upping the protein at the same time.

Do you drink enough water? Are you on medication with weight gain as a side effect? If so, it is harder to control. I take Nortriptyline for migraine tx. and it has a side effect of carb cravings and weight gain, I have to work hard not to let that take over my emotional eating habits.

Start with a new and fun workout routine, eat healthy and drink lots of water. Also try to get plenty of rest. Maybe find a "workout buddy" to help with motivation.

Good Luck!! Try not to get frustrated!!;)

lars
06-05-07, 03:07 PM
What works for me is to limit; carbs and sugars.
This works very well for me too. It may take some time to adjust, but I have much more energy, my sleep is much more sounds, and I feel much healthier eating low carb.

It's not for everyone, but I find it to be the healthiest lifestyle for me by far.

Guest1
06-05-07, 03:09 PM
no active life since im home always nothing to do or friends ya my eating habbits are bad i dont hardly drink water i have a bad addiction of cokacola try get off it and it doesnt happend trying to join the gym i need to find a job get money first im off meds since 1998 mom wont let me on meds anymore my liver is messed up from the meds i need to do a food journal my will sucks for what i eat and stuff geting of carbs is hard toDo you currently live an active lifestyle?

If not, that is a great place to start. Unfortunately, as we age and mature our weight changes. Blah! Although, it can be helped with alot of work.

Try looking at what you currently eat on a day to day basis. Keep a food journal, set some reasonable goals food wise, look into different diets that help with weight loss and ADD. What works for me is to limit; carbs and sugars. I try to eat as low fat as I can. Upping the protein at the same time.

Do you drink enough water? Are you on medication with weight gain as a side effect? If so, it is harder to control. I take Nortriptyline for migraine tx. and it has a side effect of carb cravings and weight gain, I have to work hard not to let that take over my emotional eating habits.

Start with a new and fun workout routine, eat healthy and drink lots of water. Also try to get plenty of rest. Maybe find a "workout buddy" to help with motivation.

Good Luck!! Try not to get frustrated!!;)

sportbikechic
06-11-07, 08:53 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having this struggle:( I understand how you feel and it is not fun, but I can assure you things will improve....just keep your chin up.

Getting carbs and sugars out of your system, I won't lie to you, is difficult. You will go through withdrawls....you have to be strong willed for it to work. My advice to you is, when you have made up your mind and are determined to make the change, that is when it will happen. It is a mind- set that you have to be ready for. I'm not saying that you are not ready or wanting to make the change, but it may take several attempts to make it.

I have tried giving up carbs and sugars so many times, I couldn't even count how many times I have fallen off the wagon.:eek: Take one day at a time, try not to worry about tomorrow or next week, just worry about today. If you fall off the wagon, just get back on.

What worked for me was: I set a goal, like go without sugar for 5 weekdays and if I did it then I would treat myself to a small vanilla soft-serve ice cream with low sugar counts. I love ice-cream and could NEVER give it up, so I make it my reward. And it tastes much better!!

Once the "junk" is out of your system for a few days, when you decide to have it....it sometimes tastes yucky and will give you a tummy ache. It makes cheating not worth it.

Set small goals, try not to cut out everything at once...that is setting yourself up for failure. (just my opinion) Unless you are strong willed and determined from the get go, then go for it and go "cold turkey". Some people go cold turkey, and that is the only way to go. Now when I fall off the wagon, usually on the weekends, I do cold turkey on Monday...but that is what works for me now.

Wow- that is scary to think that your liver is messed up from meds. There must be other options for you?

Diet and exercise are huge factors in controlling my ADD/ADHD; but it takes work and trial/error.

Gym memberships are pricey; but there are alot of good workout DVD's and fitness books/magazines. I'm not sure what your age is, but most gyms have an excellent student discount. Or maybe ask for 3 months membership for a b-day gift or early Christmas? Do you buy the Coca-Cola? If so, if you cut down on the soda and put that money aside..it may pay for a month at the gym. My gym is only $25.00 a month and less for students.

I would love to help you get started! I use to weight train and still help at the gym with motivation/nutrition/exercise programs for individuals just starting out.

PM me anytime or e-mail; if you have someone to help keep you on track and hold you accountable, that may be what you need right now.

You are doing the right thing though by identifying that you need to make a life-style change:) , good for you!! Give yourself credit for that, I'm serious.....many do not even make it to the initial stages. Now you need to make a plan that will work for you and just go for it and not worry about "what if I fail?", just go for it!! There are so many of us on this forum that have been there and are still there.

Today is Monday and make it a good week!! You deserve it!

Kim;)