View Full Version : when im bored,deppresed,stressed i eat i think i eat to much during the day

Guest1
06-05-07, 03:18 PM
i like to eat how can you control that

FightingBoredom
06-05-07, 04:25 PM
Exercise like a maniac.

Exercise improves brain function to reduce the effects of stress, the feelings of boredom, and eases depression. It also burns off lots of Oreo cookies.

It's not easy to kick when you have used food to comfort you. But it is possible. It takes 3 to 4 weeks of forcing yourself to exercise before you feel like doing it. Once you create the Exercise Habit then you can start looking at changing your diet.

Fish
06-05-07, 04:41 PM
The best thing for me has always been to keep enough healthy food around to snack on so I avoid picking up fast food or other junk. I eat a filling breakfast (oats, eggs, etc.) and pack something like two sandwiches, some vegetables, an apple, yogurt, and whatever else I can toss in for lunch at work.

Most of the stuff is cheap to buy, and eating well works out so much better than just trying to eat less. It's only when I let myself get hungry between meals that I get into trouble.

casper
06-05-07, 05:14 PM
I can't agree more about eating when bored, depressed and such. That is exactly what i do. I have to make such a consious effort to not do it.

I have just recently started exercising again, but I have run into shin splint problems..

I don't like waiting either. I want to see the results today!!!

4gotAgain
08-24-07, 10:53 PM
ive just started doing that..used to be the other way and not eat hardly at all and exercise excessively, was really toned and fit. recently have started eating way to much and gained quite a bit of weight and not as much exercise, which i hate. i cant control my brain to do what i want it to do. i really want to lose it and be the one who doesnt eat much ya no. thats adhd for you tho ay, all or nothing.
i think i need to go on meds.
are u on meds..maybe that would help.

piglet
08-26-07, 10:20 AM
or anxious. Am anxious lately and my eating habits have turned to crap. I am aware that the solution is to FACE the thing I'm anxious about - marriage counseling WITH my husband, our first together meeting, and it's not something I can just jump in and do on my own timetable, I have to wait until the appt. AAAARGH! Where's the trail mix? Where's the chocolate?

Exercise, yes. I know. That really is the best thing. Maybe I can take some snacks along for a long walk.

Lafnalot
08-28-07, 05:36 PM
lol that was cute, snacks for the walk...I keep hoping I can smoke while jogging, so far its a no go.

I used to be so active, something happened in the years since then...I think its almost a vicious cycle, I hate that Ive gained weight, so I go out lessin public, dont dress as well as I would normally, don't want anyone to see me 'excercising' cause I'll look like a dork, have less energy and am tired constantly...although I really enjoy watching Robert on the total gym ;) I have only gotten on it myself twice. I will walk just not too far out in public and only with someone else...call me chicken. Mmmmmmmmmmmm chicken....

SexyLilWench
12-21-07, 03:25 PM
I used to eat like a horse, anytime something would happen i would turn to food for comfort. It didnt matter if i was ****ed off, happy, sad, depressed, or just plain bored. I have been on adderall for three weeks now, and feel like a different person. I can handle stress without stuffing my face now. I dont really even crave food like i did, its hard to explain. I eat maybe two small meals per day, anything more than that and i get sick. I have lost 20 lbs in three weeks and I feel great. I also have the energy now to go walk my dogs, or ride my bike, or tackle tasks i have been putting off for months.

????
12-21-07, 06:13 PM
Just have really healthy foods like raw fruits and veggies. It can be a hard habbit to kick though.