View Full Version : is there any ADHD conventions or organizations Or Support Groups in Orlando Florida?

Guest1
06-05-07, 05:09 PM
cause i cant find any i looked online called about all the adhd doctors and places who work with adhd people in orlando florida and my own doctor who digonsed me when i was a child and cant find any:mad: :confused:

Andrew
06-05-07, 05:52 PM
Have you reached out to CHADD?

CH.A.D.D. Children & Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder 9826 River Pines Court, Orlando, FL 32825 (407)296-3883 Rhoda Wilson

CH.A.D.D. is a non-profit, parent-based organization which disseminates information on attention deficit disorders and has over 600 parent support groups. It also publishes a quarterly magazine, ATTENTION!, and a quarterly newsletter, CHADDER. All members also receive a Fact Sheet Series. www.chadd.org

Andrew
06-05-07, 05:53 PM
Learning Disabilities of Central Florida

550 S. Eola Dr.
Orlando, FL
407-894-0074

Guest1
06-05-07, 07:15 PM
i tryed chadd they tell me i have to get a letter from doctor and be on meds i havent seein my doctor since i was digonced stop seeing him at 17 im 26 now so they wont let me go support group or conventions

HappyMom
07-05-07, 05:48 PM
Hi Marytza,

I thought CHADD would let anyone come to their support meetings. I just called them the other day and I wasn't told of any entrance requirements. There is an Orlando chapter that will start meeting again in September, and the contact person is Amy at 407/578-6200. The Seminole County chapter has a meeting on July 17th at 5 pm at the Seminole Community Mental Health building at 237 Fernwood Blvd, or you could get on their notification list by calling Julie at 407/831-2411. I hope one of those works for you.

Have you considered doing a HANDLE program, as a non-drug alternative? Poke around on www.handle.org (http://www.handle.org) and see what you think. Since you are local, I should mention that there's an excellent training coming up in Orlando (Maitland, really) on July 28&29 called "Get A HANDLE On Neurodevelopmental Differences". This is a really great course that I had to go all the way to Atlanta for last year, and the Founder of HANDLE is teaching it this time, which is fairly rare. I highly recommend it, and I'm going again, because I want to learn from Judith Bluestone.

Guest1
07-08-07, 01:08 PM
thanksHi Marytza,

I thought CHADD would let anyone come to their support meetings. I just called them the other day and I wasn't told of any entrance requirements. There is an Orlando chapter that will start meeting again in September, and the contact person is Amy at 407/578-6200. The Seminole County chapter has a meeting on July 17th at 5 pm at the Seminole Community Mental Health building at 237 Fernwood Blvd, or you could get on their notification list by calling Julie at 407/831-2411. I hope one of those works for you.

Have you considered doing a HANDLE program, as a non-drug alternative? Poke around on www.handle.org (http://www.handle.org) and see what you think. Since you are local, I should mention that there's an excellent training coming up in Orlando (Maitland, really) on July 28&29 called "Get A HANDLE On Neurodevelopmental Differences". This is a really great course that I had to go all the way to Atlanta for last year, and the Founder of HANDLE is teaching it this time, which is fairly rare. I highly recommend it, and I'm going again, because I want to learn from Judith Bluestone.

MelB
04-18-09, 08:38 AM
Is CHADD starting-up another group for adults? I looked earlier this year and the only one I found was a group for parents of ADD kids. That's part of why I started my meetup group.
http://www.meetup.com/The-Altamonte-Attention-Deficit-Disorder-Meetup-Group/
We're just getting started, but if you are looking to find a group of people to interact with and learn from in person like we do here, then I welcome you to come join us!

MelB
04-18-09, 09:14 AM
In the Spirit of ADD, I've just changed the meetup group name! LOL
http://www.meetup.com/The-Altamonte-ADD-Social-Club/

From the advice of others, I have decided to make this a more social club, so we can possibly develop friendships with other ADDers without the stigma of it being a 'support group' or therapy. I'm not a therapist anyway. :-)
So if you want to have fun and meet fellow ADD folks, come on down!