View Full Version : Lapse of Impulse Control

ah09087
06-08-07, 07:14 PM
So my brother (who's 10) really ****es me off. I have alot of built up anger toward him because I can't do anything to him. My parents say to come to them but when I do they never do anything. I really wanna hit him but I can't because I know I will hurt him and I don't want to send him to the hospital or get in trouble.

But anyways he got me going and I was disinfecting the sponges (don't ask) and I had a strong impulse to pour the sponge water on his head. We were in the hosue so I wasn't gonna do it until I saw my hand over his head.

It was a total out of body experience. So we were fighting for 15 minutes and the couch is wet and the floors are soaked. The only reason we're not fighting now is because I fell into the cabinet and hurt my foot and my wrist. We cleaned everything up but now I'm wondering...

My ADHD makes me really impulsive and I usually end up spazzing out trying to comtrol them. The only thing I don't have a tight reign on are verbal impulses. This is the first time I've not been able to stop myself. Anything I can do so this doesn't happen again?

Vhan
06-08-07, 11:36 PM
I don't really know if there is anything that you can do to keep it from happening, but, is this something that your parents might understand?

At least that was IF you do it, they might cut you a little slack...

ah09087
06-09-07, 12:00 AM
Not in the least. They don't really understand the whole "It's not me it's ADHD thing".