View Full Version : Does anyone actually like school?

ah09087
06-11-07, 01:00 PM
Because personally I don't. Maybe it's because I have ADHD and 2 LDs:rolleyes:...but then again maybe it's not.:D

Edward
06-11-07, 01:03 PM
let's ditch
j/k

Vhan
06-11-07, 01:42 PM
I like some of my classes, my compuder classes, and art classes, but the majority of the time I am just wateing for the day to be over,'

boone1
06-11-07, 04:33 PM
I really hated school up until year 11 then I started to like it because I was getting more support for my ADHD.

I absolutely loved my art class but I didn't really like my other lessons that much. I mostly like school because I see all my friends there and it gives me something to do in the daytime. :D

mjpm
06-11-07, 05:10 PM
I'm always on and off with likeing school... right now I like some of my classes... mainly the ones i don't like i do like but i can't stand the kids i sit around...or i just don't like the class... also the long walk kinda sucks

VisualImagery
06-11-07, 05:52 PM
I was undiagnosed in the old days, before ADD became well-known. I had a love/hate relationship with school. It all depended on the teacher and the subject from k-8. I did well in some subjects and not in others. School was also an escape from home and I could get books from the library.

High school was different. Except for 2 classes, I loved high school! Especially my junior and senior years. I came out my shell a lot then and remember the teachers that made such a difference in my life. It was here that I got positives in my life, from many people, includind classmates and teachers.

Paws13
06-11-07, 09:11 PM
Not really; I'm not interested in the subjects I'm learning, which makes it harder, ADD or not.

That's probably why I'll like college better, because I'll be able to pick my own subjects, and I'll be more likely to pay attention :p

Paige1989
08-10-07, 10:00 AM
I kinda like school, but it depends on the class a lot of the time. I hate maths and most sciences, but I love English, history, and Language classes, as well as psychology which I am taking this year. K-8 were easy for me - I've always been above average, but when I got to high school and and started to take harder courses in advanced levels, my above-averageness turned into averageness compared to the other students taking the same courses, something I didn't take well to. Freshman and Sophomore year went alright and I did well for the most part...Junior year went okay until the second semester. I had been having bipolar episodes all year and attention problems, but half-way through my second semester, I was hospitalised and never caught up so I have bad memories of my junior year. >.> However, I'm hoping my Senior year will be better. :) I don't have to take math, I'm taking a semi-easy science, and, aside from that, the only class that I really don't want to take (it's required) is government so I think I'll have a better year as long as the two APs don't kill me. ;)

Paws13
08-11-07, 01:13 AM
I kinda like school, but it depends on the class a lot of the time. I hate maths and most sciences, but I love English, history, and Language classes, as well as psychology which I am taking this year. -8 were easy for me - I've always been above average, but when I got to high school and and started to take harder courses in advanced levels, my above-averageness turned into averageness compared to the other students taking the same courses, something I didn't take well to. Freshman and Sophomore year went alright and I did well for the most part...Junior year went okay until the second semester.
Hey I hate math and science too! I usually forget steps in math and science is just too detailed for my memory.

That's funny, K-6 was easy for me, I was an A's and B's student. 7th grade I started a college prep school, and I started going downhill. Last year I totally bombed, but being a college prep school, it was tough. This year I'm going to a public school for the first time in four years, and I think I'll do better because there isn't as much pressure as in CP school.

dormammau2008
08-13-07, 04:50 PM
i hate all schools i think they should all be closed dwon...my life was made a liveing hell in more ways than i care to say...and the techers were part that hell if theres scuch thing as hell then ive allready been there...i never forget an never forgive what they did an put me though...id wish id had a good school life an a good perents unfortenly....my deacht cards was not good!.......but like i allways say you make good out ofve a bad deack...smiells id hope no one cos from what i did! id say tht if they do they should sue the school...and the techers involed...never let anyone get you dwon be your self smilessss hugsss to you all blessing paws dorm.....

feel free to ask if you wish to know...

bumblebe
08-14-07, 12:21 AM
I hated school growing up. But every since I have been on meds I love to learn. I love that I love to learn to.

Gentoo
08-14-07, 05:27 AM
Dorm: I wish to know :P

Crazygirl79
08-15-07, 07:30 PM
I hated school, I hated the kids and I hated most of the teachers....school was SH*T especially when I was the one being picked on:eek:

I reckon even if I was supposedly "normal" I still would've hated school as it so boring!!!

Selena:D

Expressions
08-17-07, 12:56 PM
I'm not partically fond of attending school. It really sucks, because even though I have ADHD and a LD to it, its really not that good of a school. I would rather go to a art school where every subject revolves around art, and theirs drama classes and creative writing classes and it would just be amazing, but lifes not like that, so I guess sorta, it depends on the mood I'm in though.

Newbie28
08-17-07, 03:09 PM
I like learning...about stuff I like to learn about... anyhing else is rubbish.

ah09087
08-18-07, 03:32 AM
I'm with Expressions 100%. Drom I wanna know.:o

Expressions
08-18-07, 02:28 PM
I'm with Expressions 100%. Drom I wanna know.:o
Oh awesome! Thanks for agreeing with me! :D

Marty
08-23-07, 01:26 PM
Some things can be fun. But languages are a dissaster.

supersomeone
11-06-07, 09:57 PM
This year it is ok i try not to get into pestimistic views on school so I try to just find one class that i like and focus on that. I cannot stand my math class ! it is the worst i have ever been in (geometry) the teacher is new and she does not understand that we all do not get it(she is a nice person but she just ugh ! ) i have in class soppourt but still it is SO frusterating to me I can not sit still in that class.She exspects us to learn things in three days and the she complanes that we should not be taking so long to finish a quiz ugh ! Sorry but she just drives me insane ! lol

CynicallyNaive
11-08-07, 06:17 PM
Not to get too on my soapbox, or run afoul of any professional educators here, but in many ways I still see school as structured according to the classical educational paradigm where the students sit down, shut up, and get knowledge poured into their heads by the teachers. That's an exaggeration of course -- contemporary schools are more sensitive to learning styles and certainly allow more participation than 60 or 70 years ago. But there's still so much farther to go.

It's no different from the adult working world, designed entirely by "normals", with the assumption that we're the deviants and therefore the ones who need to be made to conform. As a result so much creativity and natural learning ability is lost because of the format.

CynicallyNaive
11-08-07, 06:17 PM
Oh yeah, and I actually *liked* school, sorta. Well, I liked learning the material -- I could have done without the classes. ;-)