View Full Version : Mixing adderall+alcohol+weed

shakepurmake
06-12-07, 11:39 PM
Is it safe to do so? My friend asked me that today. (High amount of alcohol)

Michiko74
06-12-07, 11:46 PM
Mixing meds and alcohol never seems like a good thing, so I vote no.

Edward
06-13-07, 01:54 AM
I hope that's medical marijuana your friend is smoking :rolleyes:

Galleywench
06-13-07, 01:59 AM
I hope that's medical marijuana your friend is smoking :rolleyes:
Because it's the best? :D ;)

Galleywench
06-13-07, 02:00 AM
And no, tell your "friend" that it's not a good idea.

Onine
06-13-07, 03:03 PM
i would be very very careful when mixing alcohol and weed with other medications

weed will not kill you until you start mixing it with other things. this is how bruce lee died. he mixed weed and vitamens if my memory is right.

please please be careful

erik
06-13-07, 05:27 PM
well, i've learned that it's definitely not a good idea to be drinking any alcohol whatsoever while the adderall is in effect. once you've "rebound" and it's no longer in effect, it was ok for myself to have a couple of beers etc. i wouldn't go and get totally tanked though, that's for sure.

but i made the mistake of having a couple of beers while the adderall was in effect, and i mean...it caused me to become totally incoherent for quite sometime, i didn't notice much except for that everyone around me seemed to be there and then not be there the next second. so yeah, stay off the juice whilst medicated.

erik
06-13-07, 05:28 PM
i would be very very careful when mixing alcohol and weed with other medications

weed will not kill you until you start mixing it with other things. this is how bruce lee died. he mixed weed and vitamens if my memory is right.

please please be careful
no, bruce lee died due to a gunshot wound filming a movie.
the gun was supposed to contain blanks...alas, it did not and he was shot to death. same fate was delivered to his son, brandon lee. rip. :(

Galleywench
06-13-07, 05:48 PM
no, bruce lee died due to a gunshot wound filming a movie.
the gun was supposed to contain blanks...alas, it did not and he was shot to death. same fate was delivered to his son, brandon lee. rip. :(
An excerpt from Wiki:

There was no visible external injury; however, his brain had swollen considerably, from 1,400 to 1,575 grams (a 13% increase). Lee was thirty-two years old. On October 15, 2005, Chow stated in an interview that Lee was allergic to Equagesic. When the doctors announced Bruce Lee's death officially, it was coined as "Death by Misadventure."
Another theory is that he died from an allergic reaction to marijuana, which he was consuming at the time in hashish form. This is controversial, but it is confirmed that the coroner did find traces of the substance during his autopsy.

Sargon
06-13-07, 08:04 PM
Here's the straight poop: combining amphetamines with alcohol will give you the perception of being less drunk than you really are. This could cause you to imbibe dangerous amounts of alcohol, or give you the false perception that you can drive safely when you can't. As for weed and alcohol, weed before beer, never fear; weed after liquor, never sicker. Apart from that, I don't believe there is any particular danger in combining the three, as long as neither the amphetamines nor alcohol are taken in an unusually high dose.

GL GL
06-14-07, 04:42 AM
This is not the best website to get peoples experiences with things like this. But if you think you or your friend are going to die from having done this...
Mixing these things isn't know to cause immediate death or liver failure as some anti-depressants are supposed to.
Most people will find alcohol and amphetamines to be unpleasant mix anyway. You likely won't feel drunk, but might feel ill and end up with a nasty hangover for your experience. Both amphetamines and marijuana can raise your heart rate, not a good combo.

I've found posts by many people who admit to using one or both of these substances AFTER their stimulant has worn off to combat the anxiety that commonly comes from a stimulant wears off.

I don't know how this Brandon Lee/Bruce Lee myth got started (people like "curse" storys) but Bruce Lee died from his brain swelling, a possible result of a concussion mixed with an allergic reaction to a painkiller.

erik
06-14-07, 02:12 PM
An excerpt from Wiki:

There was no visible external injury; however, his brain had swollen considerably, from 1,400 to 1,575 grams (a 13% increase). Lee was thirty-two years old. On October 15, 2005, Chow stated in an interview that Lee was allergic to Equagesic. When the doctors announced Bruce Lee's death officially, it was coined as "Death by Misadventure."
Another theory is that he died from an allergic reaction to marijuana, which he was consuming at the time in hashish form. This is controversial, but it is confirmed that the coroner did find traces of the substance during his autopsy.
ok, i guess it wasn't a straight fact then. but neither is that one..just a theory as well. it's a mystery. hehe

LucPA
06-14-07, 04:44 PM
Straight answer to your post:
Adderall and marijuana can elevate heart rate further than either alone bringing the possibility of a pre-existing medical condition into the spotlight.
Adderall and alcohol reduces the perceived feeling of being drunk, however you (infinitive, friend, me, John Mookenbacher, etc) would still be just as impared trying to say operate an automobile.
Three of them together any combination of the above.

Boils down to: Would there be a problem? If the plan was to drink a little, smoke a little, take a little adderall and not be operating heavy machinery you'd probably be okay, however your chances of serious problems are multiplied many times every time you add another substance to adderall alone, especially in the case of pre-existing medical conditions that have yet to show themselves (and especially if everyone else is messed up too and no one can get anyone to a hospital if need be).

Truth: Yeah, you should be fine. Fact: Don't do it, its dumb. Pick one substance at a time.

Jed Thorton
06-14-07, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't take a 10mg instant release adderall tablet and chase it with liquor.

The real question is how much adderall are we talking and how long before he waits does he consume the liquor...

Back in college i would often take a half pill (2.5 mg) of adderall before going out at night because it would make me less anxious and more self assured. Sometimes even a full 5 mg tablet. Weed too.

That was really only on weekends though, not an everyday thing. I wouldn't worry about the weed nearly as much as the adderall + alcohol combo, even though weed does increase heart rate.

I've read from medical articles that you really aren't supposed to take adderall and alcohol together because it places too much stress on the heart.

My opinion is if you do it, make sure it's a low dosage or the dosage is almost out of your system, and don't make it an everyday thing.

A few months ago I had taken some adderall before drinking and when i came home my heart was feeling kind of weird. I also had a hard workout that day so my heart might have already been stressed. I dunno, I really didn't like it and I plan on keeping the two more seperate in the future.

QueensU_girl
06-14-07, 11:23 PM
Brains with mental conditions (ADHD, depression, psychosis) already have compromised functioning.

Alcohol:
Drinking alcohol means you are ingesting an Organic Solvent. Organic Solvents kill Living Tissues. Your Brain is Living Tissue.
Alcohol makes the PFC (Pre Frontal Cortex;already impaired in ADHD) impaired.
Increases Impulsivity (dangerous)
Increases Disinhibition (dangerous)
Increases problems with Judgement (dangerous)

Smoking:
Smoking [anything] means you are ingesting/inhaling Carbon Monoxide. Carbon Monoxide kills Brain Tissue and other Tissues.
The Lungs: are one of the MOST FRAGILE organs in the Body. Inhaling Burnt Particulate Matter is damaging and dangerous. It even kills the Lung's Cilia (sweeping and cleaning mechanism).

Drinking and smoking dope are:
the #1a and #1b things that keep putting my SO's patients back into mental hospital with relapses of psychosis and crisis situations (eg suicidality)....

What does that suggest to you about how good drinking and smoking on the ADHD brain is (with or w/o ADDERALL) ??

Jaymo
06-15-07, 12:16 AM
Most people have no problems combining alcohol and weed. Even if you ignore the golden rule (beer before grass, you're on your ****. Grass then beer, you're in the clear) you'll be ok in most cases.

I don't take adderall per se, but when I tried weed when I was on Dexedrine I became very paranoid and anxious. Probably not a good idea if you're prone to anxiety.