View Full Version : Counting

ah09087
06-15-07, 06:43 PM
Is anybody else unable to count to 5 without missing up? I mean I can say the numbers fine. It's when I try to count things that I get messed up. Does this happen to anybody else?

auntchris
06-15-07, 11:22 PM
I can count to five, but sometimes I get messed up when I forget what number I am on. I never thought about it untill this post.

ah09087
06-16-07, 03:30 AM
It never really occured to me either until this past week when everyone was counting things and they were almost done and i was not even close. Now I'm asking myself if I actually know the numbers, like do I fully grasp the concept or am I just repeating sounds?

It's also starting to bother me that I can't read time. I'm almost 16 years old!! People think I'm lazy when they ask me for the time and I just show them my watch. If it's digital it's alot easier but I still say the wrong numbers.

HighFunctioning
06-16-07, 11:01 AM
I can usually get to 5. However, I often have trouble counting, often forgetting either the entire number or part of the number (such as the "tens" place) in the middle of counting, causing me to have to redo it.

boone1
06-16-07, 01:52 PM
I can count to five, but I can't in my head. I can't count in my head at all. I get muddled up and forget what number i'm up to, sometimes I'm not sure if I said a number or not like I would go "1...2...3...4...5.... did I say 4? 1....2....3...4..."

TygerSan
06-20-07, 04:38 PM
It's also starting to bother me that I can't read time. I'm almost 16 years old!! People think I'm lazy when they ask me for the time and I just show them my watch. If it's digital it's alot easier but I still say the wrong numbers.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Sigh. . . this is why I don't own a non-digital watch. . . And I'm 27!!! I'm not dyslexic, though, so if it's digital I can read it just fine, it's just the spatial stuff that screws me. The worst are those watches/clocks with either roman or no numbers on them.

It's hard, I know, but how much does it really matter if you can tell time on an anolog clock or not? As long as you get places on time, nobody should care, and if they make snide comments about it, they're the ones with the problem, not you.

ah09087
06-20-07, 07:08 PM
Sigh. . . this is why I don't own a non-digital watch. . . And I'm 27!!! I'm not dyslexic, though, so if it's digital I can read it just fine, it's just the spatial stuff that screws me. The worst are those watches/clocks with either roman or no numbers on them.

It's hard, I know, but how much does it really matter if you can tell time on an anolog clock or not? As long as you get places on time, nobody should care, and if they make snide comments about it, they're the ones with the problem, not you.
OMG Those are the worst. I want to slap who ever decided they were a good idea.

QueensU_girl
06-20-07, 07:48 PM
Dyscalculia?

ah09087
06-20-07, 08:07 PM
:( Probably. I'd never thought of that. I just did some quick research and that sounds like me almost to a T.

auntchris
06-21-07, 01:03 PM
When I am doing a math problem, I mix up the number or put the wrong sign. I had my psych. look at the problem I was doing and he said that was discalula... sory about the spelling.

I have not been offically diagnosed.

auntchris
06-21-07, 01:06 PM
http://www.dyscalculia.org/

here is site with many links explaining that dycalculia and more information and tools.

boone1
06-21-07, 04:50 PM
When I am doing a math problem, I mix up the number or put the wrong sign. I had my psych. look at the problem I was doing and he said that was discalula... sory about the spelling.

I have not been offically diagnosed.
I have dyscalculia too. I look at numbers and say them wrong, like for example I would look at 4859 and read out 4985 and I get mixed up between the numbers 6 and 9 and 4 and 7.

ah09087
06-21-07, 09:52 PM
That's one of the sites I used. Great minds think alike, huh?