View Full Version : Bristol/South East Wales Adult ADHD Support Group

FuturePast
06-30-07, 10:33 AM
Several people are meeting next week to discuss the viability of setting up a new adult ADHD support group for the Bristol/South West/South East Wales area.

Anybody interested in this can PM me for further details.

FuturePast
08-05-07, 07:28 PM
Another meeting is planned for Tuesday 7th August.

Contact me for details.

FuturePast
08-30-07, 03:13 PM
Next meeting is Tuesday 4th September.

FuturePast
09-26-07, 04:48 PM
Next meeting is the evening of Monday 1st October.

PinkBeauty
09-27-07, 01:06 PM
What happens at these meetings? And how many go?

PB

FuturePast
09-28-07, 04:05 PM
The aim of the meetings is to provide support to the attendees, whether by exchanging information, offering advice or just having the opportunity to talk.
Personally, the main benefit is just meeting and talking with others who have problems related to adult ADHD.

So far a handful of people have attended, both diagnosed and undiagnosed.
No professionals are involved and at this stage the meetings do not have any particular structure.

Anybody with an interest in adult ADHD is welcome.

PinkBeauty
10-01-07, 05:52 PM
Thank you for inviting me to the group. I found it really interesting to meet other people with ADHD. I am really new to this whole thing but found it really helpful. I recommend this group to anyone in the area. There was only 2 other adult ADDers there plus me but it was relaxed and friendly and the time flew. My friend came with me for support as I was a bit nervous about attending, but it works well with other people there anyway.

See you soon. PB

FuturePast
10-01-07, 06:40 PM
I'm glad that you came and found it useful. It was good to have a couple of new faces join the group, and your friend was more than welcome.

Really, we're just trying to provide some grass-roots support for people in the area.

Hope to see you again.