View Full Version : Could this work?

Revz
07-04-07, 08:20 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yj72e5q61Fs

Gentoo
07-08-07, 07:26 PM
".. this rampant and life constricting disease". What a jerk.

Fraz_2006
07-08-07, 07:51 PM
I dont care what it says, children taking speed is one thing, but smoking MJ?!!!! :eek:

Its too far IMO.

Gentoo
07-08-07, 09:49 PM
Hmm.. well actually crystal methamphetamine seems to have more adverse affects than marijuana. I live in quite a trashy area and seeing a victim of ice addiction is a daily ritual for me. They have cuts everywhere from scratching, discoloured, wrinkled skin, their eyes are droopy and their face is sucked in. This is after 6 months of use!

Gentoo
07-08-07, 09:53 PM
Medication like Ritalin does in some people catch up with them but they are merely very misfortunate as such small doses that have been produced in a clean and controlled environment. I would never take them, not so much because of the health concerns but just because I don't want to 'be normal'. I want to be who I am. That is just me though. Some people have a harder time with AD/HD. Not because theirs is any more or less severe but just because the traits of AD/HD clash with their lives too much and in this case taking potentially (highly unlikely) dangerous medication is worth it.

Gentoo
07-08-07, 09:57 PM
AD/HD is really starting to come down on me hard in high school, though. I guess I just need to try organising more and if I didn't pay attention in class, forgive myself, relax in the afternoon to wind down from a hard day of school and then study what I missed.

Vhan
07-08-07, 10:46 PM
Yea, IM convnced that that video is WAKED (for lack of a better word that is....)

This isn't even close to any sort of "treatment" IMO....

This is "Copeing" in the most brutal fashion, the kind of copeing that frankley, DOES DAMAGE TO YOUR BODY,

Alltough smokeing pot MAY give you better results, the truth is, that "relaxed feel" you get, your getting that, by tradeing in your memory....and outher pats of your brain.

I have seen guys who smoked pot thier whole life, and trust me, IT DOES HURT YOU!

Of course anyone can arugue that MJ isn't a drug, its a herb, well, it isn't illegal because its a drug, or a herb, its illegal because its a substance with no medical benifits that is likeley to be misused by the common public....

(Of course there is always people who argue the underlined, but im not going to get into that here)

My point being, that even in small amounts baked into cookies, over time, your gonna have to doubble the dose, then tripple, before you know it, you cant get through a day without your cannibis cookie......

Just my opinion...

ihaveadhd
07-09-07, 04:43 PM
marijuana is like any other drug. except in this case, you can consume your entire perscripttion in one sitting, and guess what, nothing will happen(death of course), o yea thats why it doesnt qualify as a legitmate drug, because it cant kill you and you cant become hooked on it.
why would the governemtn legalizesomething that helps you, but something you can easily grow yourself and not pay hundreds and hundreds of dollars for?
if you have an illness and take weed your whjle life its the same as taking any other drug your whole lifefor a condition. let a non sick person abuse ritlin their whole life and see what happens to them..bad things... IMO

meadd823
07-10-07, 03:50 AM
Revz = Could this work?

Meadd823 - NOT for those who are inattentive and NOT for ADD.

I can see marijuana working for those who have hyperactive issues and anxiety issues but I do not see it as being beneficial for those who are struggling with inattention. Marijuana is calming but it does not increase focus in itself.

Some of the side effects of cannabis decreased concentration levels, reduced short-term memory

Most of the people who's ADD benefited from smoking pot were those with impulsive issues and those with hyperactivity. Marijuana didn't increase my focus it decreased it which is why it was beneficial in high school. Many of us with hyperactivity are distracted by external stimuli, we are distracted by every little sight, sound, and tactile sensation so decreasing our ability to be distracted by these may actually increased our ability to sit down and shut up in class room ,which is what most teacher are interested in. Pot is mellowing and will decrease impulsive actions thus decreasing the problems associated with blurting out what ever happen to pop into our head.

I can see where pot may be useful fore those who have anxiety issues those who have problems relaxing especially at night. I do not think marijuana would be any more addicting than the medications they already give for these conditions and I feel it may have fewer side effects than many tranquilizers / hypotnitics {medication classifications for thing like Xanax, Restoril}

I do not think I had the ability to day dream until I tried pot, so it does increase this problem in those who already struggle in this area.

its illegal because its a substance with no medical benifits that is likeley to be misused by the common public....

Although you are correct marijuana has a high abuse potential which is why it is classified as a schedule one {expermintal} however I believe it's synthetic forms are a schedule two. I just know patents have to have a triplicate form perscription to have the prescription filled just like Ritalin and Adderall.

The active ingredient in pot THC {THC (delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol} has already been "man made in a lab" and has been used in the medical profession for years. I have seen it used in olocolgy {cancer care} more than any other area but it has been used as a treatment for nausea for some time now.

I am most familuar with Marinol (http://www.drugs.com/cons/marinol.html)

meadd823
07-10-07, 04:05 AM
I almost forgot -

Of course there is always people who argue the underlined, but im not going to get into that here)

This is correct the discussion is weather or not marijuana could be useful in the treatment of ADD {or not}.

This is not the place to debate the legalities which is considered a political discussion, political discussions are permitted in the private debate area only .

The moral issues go in addiction and substance abuse {I think that is where Highfunctioning usually sends them}

The medical stuff well probably should be moved to either the medication area or alternative treatment section = I can't decide which one this goes in which is why it is still here = it is all generally ADD to me/ it might be because of my own ADD :o }

I do know:

This discussion is about the u-tube lady and her thoughts on weather or not it could be useful as a possible treatment for ADD. If your response is not of that nature then you are off topic.

***Any concerns or questions regarding this moderator note or staff actions should be private messaged directly to staff, this will prevent further disruption of the discussion. Thank you.***

NateDEEzy
03-12-12, 05:00 PM
Revz = Could this work?

Meadd823 - NOT for those who are inattentive and NOT for ADD.

I can see marijuana working for those who have hyperactive issues and anxiety issues but I do not see it as being beneficial for those who are struggling with inattention. Marijuana is calming but it does not increase focus in itself.

This isn't true, IMO.

Marijuana has two main strains:

1. Indica
2. Sativa

And these two strains are where the terms "stoned" and "high" are derived. You see, Indica makes you feel "stoned", where you don't want to move and could sit on the couch and stare at the wall all day and be perfectly entertained.

Sativa gives people an uplifting and energetic effect, people using this feel "high". I believe both have beneficial effects for those with both ADHD and ADHD-pi (indica for ADHD and sativa for ADHD-pi). Although I admittedly am speculating on indica probably being beneficial for ADHD, as I don't know first hand because I instead have ADHD pi. What I do know is that Marijuana sativa works wonders for my ADHD pi.

I have been reading a bit about ADHD pi/ADD without hyperactivity and found a website that describes me to a T. Type in Google: "ADD without hyperactivity" and click on the link with the URL "ldpride". It talks about how ADHD pi/ADD without hyperactivity effects the parietal lobe (functions hyper-actively, I believe) instead of the pre-frontal cortex with those with ADHD. Additionally I found that marijuana effects the parietal lobe in slowing it down, I believe, which causes people to have clearer thought.

desulove
03-12-12, 05:11 PM
Lmao you guys watch to much 50s properganda.

Cannabis is a very safe drugs with anti-cancer properties. It is WAY WAY better for you then ******* meth/stimulants.

As someone who smokes it daily on and off I can say it doesn't help your over performance with ADHD but makes you rief from ADHD.

I can't believe so many people here are misinformed on drugs do you honestly believe taking adderall everyday is better then smoking a joint a day for both your body and mind? You are joking right?

The key thing here is adderall works better for ADHD and weed doesn't lift performance only offer relief.

Once again I would like to make the point that cannabis is one of the safest substances if not THE safest psychoactive substance.

My memory is really bad if I smoke weed everyday but returns to normal if I stop for a few days.

Key thing about memory is excising it. Not using it is the worst thing for it then any drugs.

KCTang
03-12-12, 05:18 PM
This isn't true, IMO.
I have been reading a bit about ADHD pi/ADD without hyperactivity and found a website that describes me to a T. Type in Google: "ADD without hyperactivity" and click on the link with the URL "ldpride". It talks about how ADHD pi/ADD without hyperactivity effects the parietal lobe (functions hyper-actively, I believe) instead of the pre-frontal cortex with those with ADHD. Additionally I found that marijuana effects the parietal lobe in slowing it down, I believe, which causes people to have clearer thought.

I checked out the ldpride site and question its sources. According to the studies found in this article (http://add.about.com/od/researchstudies/a/biologicalfind.htm), the parietal lobe is indicated in Combined-type ADHD, which has both Hyperactive and Inattentive symptoms.

So it does not seem that the Parietal lobe dysfunctions are specific to only ADHD-PI, as the ldpride site seems to suggest.

fracturedstory
03-12-12, 06:10 PM
Saying Marijuana isn't addictive is bollocks in my opinion. Every night downstairs people are smoking it. One person depends on it to do the cleaning. It might be more of a dependent thing for mad Jazz people (people who listen to jazz with mental health problems) like my Ritalin is for executive function, hyperactivity, inattentive symptoms. But the fact that they smoke it a lot tells me it's either addictive or they are dependent on it.

It makes me psychotic and have migraines and seizures, and just passively smoking it can give me stomach aches and feel like sleeping. It definitely brings out the inattentive side.

Maybe the health issues of marijuana aren't clear but it can alter your mental state. I know people who have become paranoid and have worse anger outbursts (me) from smoking it.

lastnerve
04-12-12, 03:39 PM
There are people who abuse everything. There are also lots of sick people who need medicine to do things. I would hope that with a large portion of our country now accepting medical cannabis, people would not be so quick to judge. I do not believe that smoked cannabis is good treatment for ADD. However, extracts from cannabis plants with specific cannabinoid profiles, taken at proper dosage, have helped me take more control of my life than 10 years of adderall.