View Full Version : when you read a big chapter books do you rember what you read?

Guest1
07-08-07, 12:59 PM
in my class in high school we had to read a book always

but when i had to read a book in class every page they made me take notes on a posted note about what i just read

Guest1
09-04-07, 08:17 AM
im suprised im the only one

mijahe
09-04-07, 08:56 AM
No, you're not the only one. If I read a book I enjoy I can generally remember most of what I've read. If I am forced to read it I won't remember a thing. I will read the words, but they just don't sink in.

If I read a technical book - I always skim back and forth through the book. Anything dry I can't stand. I basically read the way my brain works, and I will usually end up having all my fingers marking pages that I am flipping around.

If I read a novel - I'll read really slowly, because I get distracted halfway through the page, and start dreaming off.

busyhermit
09-04-07, 10:18 AM
Ok, I'll admit it here - I can't stand to read anything but Stephen King. I always thought, he must write the way I think because it flows perfectly for me - I never lose the meaning in mid-sentence like everything else. But then again - I love the stories, so perhaps I'm just fascinated enough to focus.

Funny thing is, that after some time goes by, I'll remember what the story was generally about but forget the details and how it ended - so it's fun to read them again once in a while.

boone1
09-04-07, 11:25 AM
If it's fiction I am likely to forget it straight away. No idea why, I seem to remember anything factual perfectly but nothing fictional.