View Full Version : Do people other than me have trouble doing homework and get in trouble for it?

PIMP_IN_DA_HOUS
07-31-07, 08:52 PM
yes i have trouble with hw.

no i dont.

i hate it but can do it.

i hate it and therefor cant do it.

supersomeone
11-20-07, 11:20 PM
i have trouble doing my home work outside of school i dont really get in trouble with it. I have a "system" i guess i have a study hall and a lunch both periods i use to do my work and what ever i dont get done that day i do the next

amcormon
11-21-07, 01:57 PM
My daughter has difficulty doing homework but mostly doing projects, especially now, in grade 11 (though she doesn't think she has difficulty).

She doesn't get in trouble really for not doing it, though we (parents and teachers) complain when it's not done or inadequately done. Mostly she gets in trouble for what she does instead of homework, i.e. going to the mall.

I'm not really sure how to deal with that one. I'm open to suggestions...

boone1
11-24-07, 01:16 PM
I don't have much difficulty with homework. I can never get it done in time but I can do it.

I can't work at school at all so I do most of my schoolwork at home.

Phishoutawatur
11-27-07, 02:20 AM
Before i was diagnosed with ADD i never did my homework.
litterally everyday i would come into school not having written one thing the night before. My grades really started to drop and my parent s and teachers would ask me why i didnt do it but i could never really give them an answer. Im alaso the same way with studying, i dont do it, ever.

This year i get away with it better because, like supersomone, i find it easier to do it in school during my "free" periods which i have two to three of during the day. (its basically a lunch period)

contrary to what most adults will tell you DONT do your homework in a quiet area, it just makes it easier for your mind to wander, and making you take more time on your homework

hope this helped =]

sarey
11-27-07, 04:23 PM
I hate homework.
I don't even understand half of it.
I just try it, fail, frustrated, lash out, kick off, then it repeats itself. >.<

Marty
12-01-07, 12:52 PM
I tend to get sidetracked too. And if I don't do it in the afternoon when my meds are still working it most often won't be done. (I've been able to sometimes with a lot of willpower and it being an interesting subject. I do tend to get into a state of hyper focusing then though. But that only works if I 1. like the subject or 2. have to get something done on which not only my grade depends on. But I'm starting to rant again so...) But most often I end up not doing it.

jester6435
12-01-07, 05:47 PM
Like Phish said, I was the exact same way throughout high school. I rememeber in Geometry class my sophmore year i had a 6% homework grade, but I ended up with a B in the class because I dominated tests for some reason. That was the only time that really happened got mostly D's and C's after that. Homework is the reason why I have such a hard time with any kind of school/college. I can't get motivated to just sit down and do it, maybe because when I do I just get so bored and it kills my mood.

????
12-05-07, 01:09 PM
Yeah. Hate it so much, all I do is stare at the wall and twitch and daydream. And when I was younger that's all I wanted to do in class, but I was embarrassed when I realized people knew when I was daydreaming so I started talking to people instead (and half-listening half-not) and got a reputation as a trouble-maker.

blahblahblah
01-13-08, 04:19 AM
I've always had troble with homework. It started getting realy bad in 7th grade and my grades started t drop. When I finaly started doing asmuch of my homework as possibal it practicly killed me. Homework and school were the only things I ever did. I lost touch with my friends and there was alway that onre thing I forgot or screwed up on. I couldn't sleep at night and I was constently stresing. It got to were I felt like my head was going to explode and All i wanted to do was scream. Evently I couldn't take it and I gave up on the homework. I prefered my dad screaming at me and constent failure to that feeling. I still cn't make myself do homework but im trying to pull my grades up. It takes me forever to do though and Im missing alot of stuff. Homework is mostly pointless and it Sucks.

Rudyard Rebel
03-09-08, 12:10 PM
I am the self-proclaimed master of handing in my homework late. But then again, so are all of you lot, probably. My teachers get pretty irked but luckily they're mostly understanding apart from the odd fool who mistakes disorganisation for laziness.. In all fairness it's probably quite an easy mistake to make... either that, or I am lazy, just no-one else has realised yet.