View Full Version : Are there any chat rooms for adhd?

PIMP_IN_DA_HOUS
07-31-07, 11:51 PM
i know this site is kinda one but i mean one where you can see whos on and talk to them instantly?

PIMP_IN_DA_HOUS
08-01-07, 01:31 AM
if anyone has any info on an adhd chat room please share

WindySprite
08-01-07, 01:34 AM
I'm not sure :/ I think the only way to create that sort of thing is to hand out our instant Messaging usernames to each other or something.

Crazy~Feet
08-01-07, 01:48 AM
The forum has a chatroom function that you are welcome to use if you can get a group together to go in. Just click the Chat button at the top of the page and wait for the Java applet to load. :)

PIMP_IN_DA_HOUS
08-01-07, 01:53 AM
Does anyone eva go into the chat room?
cos i do but no one is eva there

Crazy~Feet
08-01-07, 01:56 AM
Chatroom attendance is as random as ADHD itself. In fact the chatroom has ADHD!

Try the games if nobody is in chat, at least they can be fun and its a good way to get to know some of the regs. :) Visit Chit-Chat to find them.

Gentoo
08-03-07, 07:02 AM
[moderator removed other ADD Chat name]

Please PM Gentoo if you're interested in a different ADHD chat.

CynicallyNaive
11-12-07, 04:22 PM
Sites that attempt to embargo discussion of other sites immediately forfeit the assumption of good faith. Frankly, in my mind they become "just another business", and this site isn't good enough for me to take part if it's "just another business."

There are plenty of reasons why people might not choose to use a Java-applet-only chat. But most people won't stay and discuss why; they'll just leave.

Andi
11-12-07, 11:10 PM
There are many reasons for guidelines and although some may not understand or agree with them, these are the guidelines that have been agreed to when joining and participating on this Forum. Our guidelines were built in order to protect our members. Instances such as links to other forums, email addresses, member Id, etc. open up the liability of the Forum and leaves the member unprotected. Members are most certainly welcome to explore other options on their own.

Crazygirl79
11-13-07, 01:32 AM
You could also go to paltalk.com and create your own chatroom specifically for ADHD otherwise there are yahoo and msn groups.

Selena

CynicallyNaive
11-13-07, 01:27 PM
Instances such as links to other forums, email addresses, member Id, etc. open up the liability of the Forum....

That's a riot, considering that you apparently have a "Forum ADDvocate" blatantly stealing content from other sites (http://addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1760) and no one does anything about it for four years. (If this was reprinted with permission by about.com, it sure doesn't say so.)

Regardless, you have your policies, which is your right, and I have my policies. One of my policies is avoid participating on sites that act contrary to the public good, such as suggesting people use your own crappy Java chat when a perfectly good IRC option exists.

Best wishes.