View Full Version : The Worlds Best ADD Coaches List

healthwiz
08-12-07, 03:44 AM
Is anyone interested in creating a list of the best ADD coaches?

I'm wondering who are the best coaches for ADD? Is there already a list of the best? Are they ranked in any way? Are their resources to find the best and their rankings out there? Can we have some comments after each coaches name that comes into the list, as to why they are considered one of the best? Can we have their contact info, website, etc listed here?

If you know the name of one or more top notch ADD coaches, put them on this list. Did they change your life? Be the first to add a name and commentary here.

Jon

higgledy
09-09-07, 12:12 AM
IMO, this is near impossible to answer. This is why: I might hire a coach who works well with me and I work great with him/her but you might meet the same coach and find him/her to be worthless for you and your situation.

QueensU_girl
09-09-07, 12:43 AM
What does your research show so far?

jeffstars
11-12-07, 11:18 PM
I didn't know there were ADD coaches before today, but before I knew much at all about ADD or this forum, there was Anthony Robbins... He is a life coach. I'm pretty sure he pioneered the whole idea a while back, at least to go mainstream. You might remember his informercial a few years back. Anyway, check out his books and audio books because they are amazing. I highly recommend them.

TeLL
11-12-07, 11:47 PM
I'd recomend Robert Cooper, head of the ADHD foundation of Canada... he helped me figure things out at my beginings before medical help was available. hes worthhis time, and then some
hes in Ontario Canada

QueensU_girl
11-13-07, 02:07 AM
There are a few Coaching professional groups (certification bodies; associations), too.

I would bet they have Member Directory listings.

benhankerson
12-11-07, 02:12 PM
the only way to accomplish the sprit behind this idea is to list coaches you have worked with, and why you were happy with them.
Don't list the coaches you were unhappy with.

I t would make sense to list thier contact info as well.

the problem is that this all hinges on good will, wich is easy to maintainin the earlier stages, but when this gets big it may end up being a spammed advertisment post ect....

Andrew
12-11-07, 03:23 PM
the problem is that this all hinges on good will, wich is easy to maintainin the earlier stages, but when this gets big it may end up being a spammed advertisment post ect....

Staff keep a pretty tight watch on this sort of thing.

healthwiz
12-15-07, 02:46 AM
is there a way to make a list with spreadsheet form on this forum, so the members can update a list with their ratings of coaches, say from 1-10, on a variety of qualities, such as reliability, insight, knowledge, experience, expertise, authoritative contributions, compassion, affect, are they prepared with their research answers to last weeks questions, do they have a lot of tools, or just the same repepetive tools, are their techniques novel, are they effective, are there any long term reports of benefit, any short term benefit, etc.... i think coaches should be rated in this way for their skills, so we can be clear about what we are hiring someone to do, and whether it is likely to happen with that particular coach. i think their pay should be linked to their scores on these ratings too, but that is just my opinion... hey, the best way to attach pay to score, is to have everyone do the ratings, and then the business flow will go to those who should get the higher pay for the more difficult and more successful techniques.

Jon

C-HI
12-17-07, 07:34 PM
Could you provide links/contact info for one/ some? I'm in the Boston area.
Thanks in advance.

Silicone
02-06-08, 03:23 PM
The problem with such a list is that one coach's style will work
really well for some and not at all for others.

Tara
02-06-08, 08:12 PM
The problem with such a list is that one coach's style will work
really well for some and not at all for others.

You are so right. It's kind of like when I hired an assistant. I needed to find somebody who was the right match for me. There are some great virtual assistants out there but that doesn't mean they would be great for me. Just like other people may not work well with somebody I work well with.

There are soooo many factors involved when it comes to finding the right match in an ADHD Coach.