View Full Version : Is Anyone Else......

ah09087
08-24-07, 02:49 PM
ITCHY ALL THE TIME?? It's crazy I never stop itching (I do bathe). It's always everywhere. Like the top of my foot is itching as well as my neck and my forearm and my tricep. It never stops.

Crazygirl79
08-24-07, 07:22 PM
I have limited time on the net today but I will definitely get back you on this one!!...and yes I know what you're going through and it's damn annoying!!!!:mad:

Selena:)

ProcrastN8R2
08-24-07, 07:50 PM
Have you started a new med? It may be a reaction.

ah09087
08-26-07, 01:54 AM
Nope. I'm not on any meds right now. I take caffeine pills during the school year but that's about it.

ProcrastN8R2
08-26-07, 02:32 AM
Did you know there is a connection between itchiness and caffeine?

True. Do a google on it. There are a number of sites on it.

ah09087
08-27-07, 01:36 AM
I didn't know that. That's good to know but I haven't taken any in about 3 months. But I will def keep that in mind during school.

DianeS
08-28-07, 03:01 PM
I'm itchy like that when I take Vicoden. My ear is itchy, then my nose, then my left hand, then my right knee, then my eyebrow, then two at once... I can NOT imagine feeling like that all the time!

I had surgery that didn't heal well in May, so I was on Vicoden for a couple months. I finally got off it just in time to crack a tooth, so I was on it again. And now something's wrong with the crown, so I'm back on it. Bleh.

Benedryl keeps the itching at a reasonable level, although it doesn't make it go away entirely. You might try that, or another antihistamine, to see if you can get some relief.

Desperate1
08-28-07, 03:35 PM
I am itchy all the time, but it's an under the skin kind of sensation and I figure it's a symptom of my fibromyalgia, but who knows?

ah09087
09-01-07, 10:00 PM
wait what do u mean under the skin?

Imnapl
09-01-07, 10:31 PM
Oh man, just read this thread and I can feel the urge to scratch coming on!

Ah09, great signature. :D

scoobydoo
09-01-07, 10:56 PM
yes every night at the same time i start getting itchy all over my body but mainly my back and arms gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr it drives me insane.

ah09087
09-01-07, 11:06 PM
lol thanks. I'm scratching as I type. lol. I'm typing with one hand and scratching with the other.

FrazzleDazzle
09-01-07, 11:24 PM
I get itchy when I get nervous, and I start scratching my neck or my arms. I understand itching is a nervous habit or anxiety-caused. I am that poster child.

Or when I just lay down for bed, my back will start to itch. Not a good time, since I'm usually pinned down by a dog on either side of me. :eek:

scoobydoo
09-02-07, 02:17 AM
Or when I just lay down for bed, my back will start to itch. Not a good time, since I'm usually pinned down by a dog on either side of me. :eek:
lol that happens to me as well and ive usually got the cat in between my feet and a kid on either side of me . after i have finished itching the bedding is all over the place and the kids are moaning lol oh the joys

busyhermit
09-02-07, 11:21 AM
I'm generally pretty itchy, but hadn't thought a real lot about it. Sometimes after a shower, my legs itch so bad for like an hour that it drives me insane - no really! I'll be screaming and cursing and liable to start throwing things (meanwhile only relief is using a hairbrush on them and that only works for a few seconds). Tried and tried but can't figure that one out - same bath products, same shower - somedays it happens, most days it doesn't. Also if I get hot, which happens a lot - or after mowing (ahhhhh!) or if grass ever touches my skin. Also have a problem with itching inside my ears - I always have a supply of Qtips around....

A humorous note - I just recently started to attend a weekly auction in my area. I'm only just learning, and rule #1 is don't raise your hand unless you're bidding on something! OK, so I haven't bought anything by accident (yet) but now I am realizing how itchy my face, ears, eyes, nose, scalp......etc......are, because I have to avoid scratching. Yikes - not easy, because something is itching all of the time.

ah09087
09-02-07, 12:03 PM
haha. oh dear. good luck! maybe u have like eczyma