View Full Version : Lamictal and indigestion

Spongedaddy
08-31-07, 06:42 AM
Morning,

I was curious if anyone taking lamictal had bad indigestion at first. It's listed as a side effect and I am wondering if this is something that goes away. I have no desire to be a burping musicbox for years to come. :faint:

ozchris
08-31-07, 06:59 AM
hehe, burping musicbox :)

I wonder if their are any ways of dealing with this side effect.

I believe Crazy~Feet is taking lamictal (I think so anyway) she could probably help you out. I've heard indigestion is a possible side-effect but it's listed as 'less common' than some of the other side effects it may cause.

Crazy~Feet
08-31-07, 03:04 PM
Thanks Chris, you were right on the money! :)

Yes I did have some indigestion and heartburn in the beginning, and it lessened for me as time went by. I now take my 300mgs with little to no problems with that issue.

I just used some OTC antacids when it became troublesome, but if this occurs for you of course ask your doctor what he recommends.

And burping musicbox is very descriptive Sponge :D I have a very interesting mental picture now! LMAO....

justhope
08-31-07, 03:09 PM
I didn't have it. I know I make sure I eat before I take it. And often take it with milk due to that nasty taste....and after taste...you might want to try that.
And of course the OTC stuff is a good idea. Hopefully, it will pass shortly! :D

Love that catch phase....I'm gonna steal it and tell my kids....I like that descriptor better than some of the one's they use now :eyebrow:

Spongedaddy
08-31-07, 03:23 PM
I took some DGL (it's a form of licorice that helps digestion) and it calmed down a great deal. I am glad y'all like the musicbox, but I am just glad the trumpets aren't sounding yet.

Crazy~Feet
08-31-07, 03:24 PM
Sponge, you are tooooo funny! Ever heard a trombone? Those always amused me. :D