View Full Version : Anyone currently taking Invega?

netsavy006
09-08-07, 12:15 PM
Does anybody take Invega (paliperidone) for their bipolar disorder? How does it work for you? What dose are you taking? Do you have any side effects?

I've took Invega 3mg for one week and it didn't do anything except give me mild tics :(, later to find out from my doctor that Invega is used to treat tics...

justhope
09-09-07, 07:35 PM
No net...never heard of it. Why are you taking it? I know we had discussions before about the possiblity of your BP Nos? Curious...why are you taking it or took it..and umm why are you posting it here? Curious about the use for BP or because of your brush wiht that possible dx?

netsavy006
09-09-07, 08:00 PM
They use Invega off label for Bipolar Disorder and Autistic disorders. I have mood swings though not severe enough to carry a full bipolar dx. I was taking Invega to help agitation / irritability, but it didn't do anything. I was taking 3mg.

justhope
09-10-07, 09:49 AM
Aha..I see....

well and I guess if it caused tics..that would be the main reason to get off of it..huh....

Havne't heard of it...however..other than looking up stuff here for others...researching for my son...my knowledge of BP meds....are limited being the first one I tried stuck.
Appears they are having all kinds of success with off label meds for BP...whatever works...

Hope you find something Net....waiting sucks...mood swings suck....