View Full Version : ::Help::Does anyones high school do this?

mjpm
09-10-07, 08:09 AM
My new school has the first two classes at the same time but the last two switch, something about day 1, 2, 3, 4. i'm not sure what days are what, friday was a day three, but i don't see why and how its made up. I left my first HS because all the classes changed every week but that was easier, this is just crazy, would today be a four, one, two :confused::faint: its just so messy, i don't know why but i've never been one to deal well with constant change like this, or any slight change for that matter. i just wish it would be the same classes same time every day :( and i've only gone one day and i can foresee it being a huge problem soon. I guess i'll go to go to guidance and find out what days are what but i still see it being annoying to me as if organization and concentration wasn't hard enough already i have this on my mind... i guess this was just a rant, sorry thats its so long and pointless:o.

TeLL
09-10-07, 11:28 AM
when i was in highschool we had day 1,2,3,4 also it worked like this

day 1 day 2 day 3 day4

class A class B Class C Class D
class B Class A Class D class C
Class C Class D class A Class B
Class D class C Class B Class A

I don't know if thats how it works with you, you said the first 2 clases dont switch, so then you would essensially have 2 days:

Class A Class A
Class B Class B
Class C Class D
Class D Class C

mrs A
09-10-07, 01:46 PM
Can you go to the counselor and have them give you a more explanatory looking schedule that you could understand? Something for the next month even for now. I know that is what I will do for my son if he finds himself not knowing what "day" it is.

Tara
09-10-07, 04:15 PM
I hated the day 7 schedule at both a student and an educator. Do you have an assignement notebook or agenda? You could sit down once a week and write the number of the day ahead of time so you will know which day it is. Also do the classrooms have what day it is posted their boards or anywhere else?

Marty
09-10-07, 04:23 PM
here we have a week schedule, same classes every week. but they are individual per person. since you can chose your subjects to a certain length.

Paws13
09-10-07, 06:17 PM
Our schedule was INSANE.

1 2 3 4
A G E C
B H F D
C A G E
D B H F
E C A G
F D B H

Not to mention the other 4 days, where it'd get confusing with the 1A and 1B... :faint:

TeLL
09-10-07, 06:37 PM
**** that IS confusing!!
euh... good luck lol

mjpm
09-10-07, 08:57 PM
Well I talked to her and sorted it out but its still annoying for me but at least i understand it, not why though, it doesn't make sense to me why they do that but what do i know.

livinginchaos
09-10-07, 09:44 PM
wow! I'd be confused to!!

I think it's a super idea to go to your counselor and ask for a written out guide.
Good luck!

mjpm
09-11-07, 07:40 AM
yeah, i can see myself hating this school soon, but its the only one i can go to, not only the time table, you don't go to school until 10:10 on tuesdays, ends at the same time so just shorter classes but i hate that, i do everything the same time but i have a huge free space before school and nothing to do... how is it that i don't like that class is shorter?

Marty
09-11-07, 09:07 AM
yeah, i can see myself hating this school soon, but its the only one i can go to, not only the time table, you don't go to school until 10:10 on tuesdays, ends at the same time so just shorter classes but i hate that, i do everything the same time but i have a huge free space before school and nothing to do... how is it that i don't like that class is shorter?
that's weired, so you are basically being rushed on Tuesdays. I can understand that you don't like that. just wouldn't be able to explain it.

Phishoutawatur
12-02-07, 10:54 PM
i have the same thing but its on a SEVEN day cycle
i think it goes

A G B H A B G
B H A G B A H
C C C C C C C
D D D D D D D
E E E E E E E
F F F F F F F
G B H A G H B
H A G B H G A

so confusing i still cant even remeber it
i copied it off my agenda book thing
i still look at my schedule to get to my first 2 and last two classes
so annoying, i dont get why schools would do this

blueyeyore
12-03-07, 01:06 AM
I didn't do that in high school we only had 6 classes, but in middle school we had 8 and they did something weird like that. On tuesday and thursdays you would go to your 8th period class before your 7th...kinda wonky

ADD_Pyrate_Gurl
12-03-07, 05:40 AM
Wow.... I would hate that! When I was in High School we had an A/B schedule. We had 8 classes and all the even numbered classes would be on A Days and the odd number days would be on B Days. And each week the days would alternate. So if the first monday was an A day, the next monday will be a B day.

So it would be like this:

A B
2 1
4 3
6 5
8 7

Week 1
Mon: A
Tue: B
Wed: A
Thurs: B
Fri: A

Week 2
Mon: B
Tue: A
Wed: B
Thurs: A
Fri: B

That was much more easy to understand. I'm glad you were able to have it explained so you could understand.

add forums2213
03-25-08, 12:43 PM
We have block scheduling at my school ,so I have four classes one day and my other four the next day. We call one day black and the other gold!! I love it ,because I have more time for homework, and its more like college.

Arei
05-01-08, 09:56 PM
We have 7 classes a day, EVERY day. Its killing me X_X