View Full Version : men and house work.

lunaslobo
09-12-07, 07:17 AM
question for the men, how many really like doing house hold chores and the such. I know that today there should not be this sterio type but it is still out there that house work is womans work and that the man should be out doing "guy" things like working on the car, mowing the lawn, spitting, burping, and well I wont go there:faint: . I admit I am a guy, (no I am not just admitting Im a guy, I think people knew that years ago.:rolleyes: ) but i am a guy that does like doing house work. this does include cleaning and yes even grocry shopping. the thing I love to do is cooking. that is when I am in my zone. creating new foods is a passion for me. so be honest guys how many do like this. just curious.

FightingBoredom
09-12-07, 09:49 AM
I've been doing housework since I was 4 years old. (10 kids in the family so we started "pulling our weight" as soon as humanly possible).

Do I like doing housework? No, but I don't like going to work every day either or a number of other things that are necessary to sustain life.

Some things just gotta get done so you do them whether you like it or not.
I've found that the less I like something the faster I get it done so I spend the least amount of time doing it.

The problem with that is that people tend to think you like it because you do it so well and so fast.

Frankly, there are SO many other things in life that time in the day could be used for that I've been considering hiring people to do quite a few of those mundane chores around the house.

I just have to declutter my house first so they can do their jobs! You don't want to know the details of what THAT will take. :faint:

merlin8015
09-12-07, 01:13 PM
Well i don't like housework. Just started doing most of it now that I am on meds. I need to get the work done. I feel better when everything is done now. I to love to cook, i've been cooking since I can remember. Jr. High I made dinner for the family every day after school. It was my job. I shop, clean, cook, laundry, sew and yes I can cross stich too. LOL don't tell the guys. Haha.

Driver
09-12-07, 08:53 PM
Well I'm a non-ADD'er male, so I'm the one who does the housework in the house and I have to admit, I'd prefer if I wasn't doing it most of the time. There's something about scrubbing the grout in the shower, or disinfecting the toilet bowl that just doesn't appeal to me. :p

I have to admit, most days I like cooking. I like to experiment with food and flavours (love me spices!). On the other days though, I wish someone would cook for me! :)

As for grocery shopping; well that's an extension of cooking so I don't mind it. I tend to do the grocery shopping alone too; there's nothing worse than doing the grocery shopping with a bored, overwhelmed ADD'er with an addiction for sugar and chocolate. :)

pedalpounder
09-13-07, 12:44 AM
Housework is a woman's job. A man's job is to drink beer with the friends in the backyard. The only cooking done by a man should be on the bbq. Right? Can I get an AMEN? :D :D :D

pedalpounder
09-13-07, 12:47 AM
Oh, I'm just kidding

Driver
09-13-07, 01:33 AM
Can anyone say, "Spot the single guy?" :p

iamnotevil
05-17-08, 11:37 PM
I dont like doing it, but I do because my add wife wont do it, and things will just pile up. So I have this routine, usually saturday morning, where I am super efficient and get the laundry, cleaning, and grocery shopping done for the week. I am like thing1 and thing2. Yes, she gets off the hook, but my house is clean and I dont complain, and my house is our home.

newfdog
05-17-08, 11:53 PM
Housework sucks!!!!!! Let the NT wife do it,,,,,

meadd823
05-20-08, 01:57 AM
Well I am the ADD spouse married to another ADDer - chores are decided upon who is the pickier - sense I want my white shirts to remain white as opposed to dinghy grey or putrid pink I do the laundry - he doesn't like this or that or the chef surprise {left overs thrown together and baked at 350 for an hour with cheese on top} he cooks.