View Full Version : Daytrana problems and free replacements

AmosEli
09-12-07, 01:30 PM
I'm not sure if this is appropriate to post or what the protocall for something like this is, but here goes...

My son has been using Daytrana since Aug 2007. We did not have any trouble with applying the patch at all. I got a new box this week and have had a terrible time with them. I can hardly get the backing off and when I do the thing is pretty mangled, I threw one away even.

I called my pharmacist and he gave me this number to call 1-800-828-2088.

They were very helpful and will be sending a free trial card to replace these defective ones. (he stated that there is not a safety issue and the remaining patches can be used -- if you can get them open!)

He said they are in the process of getting info out to the pharmacies. He gave me these specific lot numbers to watch out for.

expiration date March 2009

And he said not to puchase any patches with earlier expiration dates. So April 2009 and on are ok.

I also was able to report some reaction that my son is having that they said was not typical. Redness that lasted till bedtime after the patch was removed and a couple of small sores/cuts at the corners of the patch site.
The patch has worked well for us so far, but if this skin irritation is not supposed to happen then I guess we might have to do something else. :-(

I hope this is helpful.

Fuu!
09-12-07, 03:30 PM
I know that some people are very sensitive to the patch and it can cause welting and major irritation. When I used it I would often get a red mark that would last a while, but I found if I moved the patch around to a differant spot everyday, that helped lessen it. Try the lower abdomen, small of the back, even by the ribs. But try to avoid places with more fat like the butt because that slows down the absorbtion rate.

dupesmom87
09-25-07, 02:32 PM
Try keeping them in the refrigerator, my daughter(20) uses daytrana and hasn't had any problems with them since we started keeping them in the frig. As for redness..etc..she applies it to the upper hip and rotates side to side, I think it might be skin types really because she has never had any problem with irritation to her skin. They told us to but a little baby oil on the site after removing. Hope this helps.