View Full Version : Desoxyn and appetite

brianadhd
09-13-07, 01:25 AM
Those of you on Desoxyn have more than likely tried most other ADD meds. I'm curious which one causes the least amount of appetite suppression primarily, and secondary, PNS. So far I have tried Strattera, Methylphenidate, Adderall, and Dextroamphetamine. Adderall was the worst in terms of appetite suppression. I would love to hear your input in terms of this.

Everyzig2101
09-13-07, 11:43 PM
The drug that caused the least amount of appetite suppression for me was daytrana. Then in order: dexedrine, adderall, desoxyn. However, adderall's appetite suppression is one where i just feel so physically wired that i dont want to eat. Desoxyn's is much more tolerable. I never remember to eat because i dont feel hungry, but eating still feels normal and good.

PNS stimulation the least was probably desoxyn, then daytrana, dexedrine, and adderall. However adderall was most likely to put me to sleep and stop me from moving or jittering. But it also was most likely to give a rapid heartbeat and a feeling of high blood pressure. (go figure). Daytrana felt pretty relaxed but i felt like i had excess physical energy. I didnt get much of a sympathetic nervous rush (adrenaline-y feeling) with daytrana though, like i did with dexedrine and particularly with adderall. Hope this helps

brianadhd
09-14-07, 02:24 AM
It does, thank you for the input. Can I ask how long you've been medicating for ADD? How much time spent on each drug?

Everyzig2101
09-14-07, 04:15 PM
I dont really remember my meds much during my childhood (used ritalin, extended forms, clonidine, tenex, and cylert), but I started adderall in 8th grade, used it through sophomore year of college where it failed me. and then went off and on for a year and tried about a months worth of all the other ones i listed, and now i've been on desoxyn for 3 months. so overall, probably about 14 or 15 years. for the time i can remember well about the effects of the meds, about 7 or 8 years.