View Full Version : Colors

ah09087
09-14-07, 01:50 AM
Does it help anyone besides me to use an abundance of color (highlighters,pens, markers) on their homework or class work to stay focused? I have 8 highlighters and 10 pens that I use for various occasions espcially in math and science some times i start hyperfocusing on whether or not I'm using the right color instead of my work but overall it helps.

I'm also OCD so when the colors get out of order on my desk or table or whatever I have to fix them. My bestfriend loves knocking them out of order and watching me frantically putting them back.:rolleyes:

busyhermit
09-14-07, 07:38 AM
Sounds like a cool idea to me - I only have two colors of highlighter and am always wishing I had more. My brain has a variety of malfunctions - whether they're ADD or not, I don't know. One is that I cannot organize anything within my mind - just by thinking it out, you know (abstractly)? So I've got to think on paper, and the colors absolutely help me to do that. But a paper full of words or a plain written list is stll very confusing for me. Things need to be grouped together, categorized, prioritized, so that I can understand what I'm looking at and what it all means. Color grouping is a huge help - although, like I said, my two highlighters are never enough so I've got to jump in with red pen and black pen....

Hey, we've got the intelligence right? We've just got to find ways to work around the malfunctioning machinery. If you found something that works for you, that's excellent! Hmm. You know I'm still learning to quit trying to act "normal" and allow myself to use these tools to my greatest advantage. Next time I'm out, I think I'll get some more colors ;).

livinginchaos
09-14-07, 08:12 AM
When i was in college I used colors to help me as well :)

supersomeone
09-14-07, 10:11 AM
i use colors only sometimes in my planner anything that is inportant other that work study tests bring gym cloths ect. i write in big bubble letters all my friends laugh when they say it since there is usually more than one in an little space they always go omg you planner is so add .thanks?

boone1
09-14-07, 05:03 PM
My work is full of colour too! Not only does it help me organise my notes, it's also much nicer to look at then just plan black and white.

Paws13
09-14-07, 06:07 PM
I use color a lot. When I write things in my agenda, I have to write them down in different color inks. I also use colored flash cards to help with studying and breaking things down. Without color, it's so boring :p

ah09087
09-14-07, 10:34 PM
Yea it definitly makes things more easy. Myplanner is filled with color. I habe 8 colors plus 10 pens and colored pencils and markers. lol. I designated a color for any and everything that could possibly happen. Paws your icon is so funny!! (...and distracting. I logged on like 10 minutes ago and I've just been staring at it until now. lol)

bandie08
01-07-08, 08:52 AM
I might try that in math.