View Full Version : Do you think there are universal triggers?

Spongedaddy
09-18-07, 07:57 AM
This is a follow-up to my sickness question from yesterday. Last night I ate some fried rice from an awful chinese restaurant. I had been somewhat peaceful most of the day, bit five minutes after I ate it BOOM instant hypomania. Agitation, overwhelmed, etc.

This morning I was thinking about both my cold and last night and began to wonder if there are some universal triggers. Things that people with BiPolar disorder need to consider when rearranging their lifestyle. I had once read a Doctor's article (can't remeber where big surprise there) in which he said the drugs were necessary, but there is a lot more to do in order to help heal yourself. I agree and we know that lifestyle is a big part of that.

Do you guys and gals think that there are some universal triggers? Like is a high pressure job a prescription for constant intense relapse?

Thoughts?

Matt S.
09-18-07, 09:24 AM
It is the worst for me to get the instant manic snaps, they occur in me every now and then and I hate it it's like a tease when they are the joyous manias

Spongedaddy
09-18-07, 10:16 AM
It is the worst for me to get the instant manic snaps, they occur in me every now and then and I hate it it's like a tease when they are the joyous manias
It really is like getting a mental charley horse.

I am beginning to think in-laws are a universal trigger :eyebrow:

justhope
09-18-07, 10:45 AM
Yes Sponge there are universal triggers for everyone...for us it just sets us off into the ozone....

Inlaws...a definante...

High stress jobs or projects with deadlines...

Stupid bosses

Overdue bills
Bouncing bank accounts
Speeding tickets

Missing sleeping schedules (me famous for bed 11:30-12am work nights..3am on the weekends...bad bad thing)

Overdue Homework projects, kids with school issues

Major baggage from relationships....(and old wound situation coming up again)
Being late for work! (oversleeping)

Unexpected "drop in" visitor's...

Last minute social event requests esp family...that you don't want to go to, have to and are running late for!!!!

Sugar...caffine....