View Full Version : Teen with ADD and Adderall

Ducko356
02-01-04, 02:24 PM
Ive had this girl friend for about 9 months now and me and her work so perfect together, well untill recently. Ive been diagnosed with ADD about 6 months back but didnt start to use my adderal till around septmeber when school started. since then ive fallen in love with the way aderall makes me feel. i take a 20mg dose of aderal XR in the AM and a 20mg of aderal in the early PM.

well back to my point, in the last month i broke up with my girlfriend twice and went back out with her the next time i saw her. Everytime ive broken up with her, i didnt really know why i did it. i would feel the urge to be free of committment or not be attracted to her anymore [text edited by moderator].

So i dont know what to do, i love her really, but 20 minutes from now id feel different. this isnt like me, i always know what i want and am very confident. thanks

sixes
02-15-04, 10:07 AM
Ducko,
How old are u ? I am sorry to say that this doesnot sound like love to me. I think you need to rethink your thoughts and feelings. And determine if this is just infatution. Your feelings are trying to tell u something thing.

Kit31
02-18-04, 08:51 PM
It could also be the Adderal. I used to take that but it SERIOUSLY messed with my emotions. Not to say that it doesn't work for some people, just not for me.

set972
04-19-05, 05:06 PM
u shouldnt use adderall as an escape u know?
its addictive

Toby
04-20-05, 07:21 PM
Part of ADD is craving stimulation; sometimes on a purely unconcious level.
I've found myself in the position before where I've been bored, and unintentionally gone off on one and hurt the ones I love, then snapped out of it. Part of it is being human, but i'm told there's an ADD element too it as well.

russ3
10-25-05, 04:11 AM
Throughout high school I dated the same girl for 4 years. I also have ADD. I felt similar feelings for my girlfriend on occasion, but after the first few break up attempts, I would realize what a mistake it was and go out of my way to get back with her. I eventually learned to just shut my mouth and that after a few trials and errors i knew i was better off WITH her, and that whenever i felt the urge to be free(er) i would really just end up hurting myself a lot more and potentially screwing up something great.

P.s. If it really is a new drama youre after, i always enjoyed gossiping (stricty only true stories of course) or getting into small fights with my girlfriend which was easy and almost always harmless, just pick arguement topics carefully.

tkdchic78
02-08-07, 12:42 PM
Russ3: I know how that is. With my ADD I would just say things that I really didn't mean just because they crossed my mind and it would really upset my boyfriend (two years going strong). Now with medication I'm able to think about the conciquences of what I'm going to say before I blurt them out.