View Full Version : My first completed website.

DimensionX
10-02-07, 02:07 AM
Ok, be gentle now, this is my....second attempt at a website and the first one I've ever completed.

http://www50.brinkster.com/iceblade465/chloeSite/index.html

The site is about my gf's cat, I was really rushed, made it in 14 hours all the graphics were made and taken by me, all the code was done by me....minus I think the rollover images, at the time I was tired and couldn't be bothered to do the code for that myself but the rest of it is all coded by me.

I would appreciate any comments, suggestions you have for improvement, cause to be honest I think I should just take it down and completely redo it.

I'm currently designing another website titled "Icy Frog" which I hope to complete this month at the latest which should be fun, it's going well so far :)

anyways have a good one people :)

*waves*

Draga
10-02-07, 03:13 AM
:) that's a really cute cat lol ....I think you designed it very well...when I designed my own site/forum...I basically had to train myself using tutorials webpages..I have to admit it is a lot of fun and I love the chance to be creative. Anywho...great Job :)

DimensionX
10-02-07, 10:25 AM
I know exactly what you mean, I first started out wanting to be an applications developer but now I'm not sure, it just seems way too structured for me, whereas web development seems like a happy medium between creativity and logic.

thanks for the compliment, always appreciated :)

Marty
10-08-07, 10:29 AM
well, good design but:

I think the internet is so powerful since it's accessible to anyone with an internet line (well, that's not totally true but you get my point) that's one of the reason why I hate it if sites are made to fit a certain resolution.

and there is a CSS error: "Error in parsing value for property 'margin top'. Declaration dropped." (then again I also get that for this forum, so it could also be me)
and firebug says this:
[Exception... "'Failure' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]
[Break on this error] undefined

[Exception... "'Failure' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

syntax error
[Break on this error] http://www50.brinkster.com/iceblade465/chloeSite/index.html
index.html (line 1)

it works fine but one of the chalanges for me always is to get it working and that it is clean of errors.

~boots~
12-03-07, 01:54 AM
wow..cool site D ;-)

VisualImagery
12-03-07, 01:58 AM
Cute site!