View Full Version : chat software

kilted_scotsman
10-03-07, 07:22 PM
Other examples of this software show the numbers of people in the chatroom on the main menu bar. Maybe an update/upgrade of he software would install this feature and lead to the chat facility being used more often.

kilt

Garry
10-03-07, 07:41 PM
Huh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You lost me somewhere on this one

kilted_scotsman
10-03-07, 07:48 PM
I assume from the look and feel of this site that it is running vbulletin or a clone. Other sites use the same software and when people are in chat the menubar with "Memberslist", "Calendar", "chat" etc shows the number of people in chat lke this
Chat[3]. hovering over the Chat has a drop down menu which allows one to click and see who is in chat before entering the chat program.

Maybe this would get chat used more as people would then see who is in chat.

Maybe there is an update/upgrade to the chat program that gives tese features?

I am surprised given the number of people logged into the site that no one uses the facility

kilt

livinginchaos
10-03-07, 09:54 PM
click on "quick links" and then click on "who's chatting" and you'll see who is all in the chat room

kilted_scotsman
10-06-07, 09:21 AM
Hi Living in chaos...

The point I'm trying to make is that if peope see Chat[1] then they know someones in chat and can either go straight in or click the Who's chatting link to see who's there.

Since there seems never to be anyone in the room there's not much point doing any clicking to see who's there.....and if you go in and wait...no one knows you're there unless they too enter the room or actively want to click 2 links when experience says the likelihood is there's no one there.

kilt

Andrew
10-06-07, 03:31 PM
We're in the process of putting together a list of modifications and changes to be made to the ADDF...this is near the top of the list :)

Marty
10-07-07, 12:10 AM
isn't it an idea to make a IRC chat with an online java client on your site, I bet there are a lot of people like me that have an IRC client and would rather use that then an online java chat.

Andrew
10-07-07, 01:27 AM
Perhaps...we're looking at our options.