View Full Version : My two week trial of focalin begins

D.B. Cooper
10-24-07, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately no pharmacy in this town is able to get ahold of any quantity of generic IR focalin for reasons i just dont understand. Which means i only get a two week trial.

I took my first 10mg dose an hour and a half ago and so far im not impressed in comparison to dexedrine. It seems rather chaotic compared to the smoothness and calmness i'm accustomed to with d-amphetamine. Maybe it'll just take me time to get a "feel" for the drug and make it work or methylphenidate just may not be for me.

D.B. Cooper
10-27-07, 08:10 AM
I quit, 4 days was enough for me to know this isnt the drug for me. I metabolize the stuff in about an hour and 45 minutes then spend another hour and a half zombiefied. No insights, creativity, just going from objective to objective in life in a zombie state.

Back to dexedrine i go or nothing at all.

trying
10-28-07, 09:43 PM
It's good to see you here, D.B. I enjoyed looking at your archive posts.

An inattentive, I've taken EMSAM and other things and experimented widely with improving focus while minimizing adrenergic stimulation, which is hard for me to tolerate. I am doing quite well on a certain combination these days. I have some interesting ideas for you so we oughta chat.

flatlinez
01-23-08, 01:24 PM
I am wondering: by adrenergic stimulation, do you mean peripheral nervous stimulation, ie. effects on the body when you only want effects on the mind?

trying
02-23-08, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that's most of it. I also associate adrenaline (perhaps oversimplifying) with the "locked-in" focus feeling, and a decline in flexible thinking, and a decline in the ability to slow down and enjoy life. This is the biggest problem for me.

If anyone sees this post I wonder if anyone experiences similar issues, and what has worked for them. I should make a topic in the general board I guess. My focus is flagging already.

I wonder if Tianeptine + psychostimulant might be an interesting combination.