View Full Version : mild bipolar

ninjanicole
10-25-07, 06:11 AM
Is it possible to have mild bipolar disorder?

I got diagnosed with ad/hd when i went to my doctor because i thought that my hormones were crazy after i had spent the last three days crying for absolutely no reason.

Sobbing out loud to the point where i thought i was going to throw up, mainly when i was driving in my car (i commute quite a long way to uni and my bf's house) and then i'd get somewhere and get it together and mum, or dad or a friend would be like 'are you ok?' and off i would go again. This tends to happen quite a lot but not usually for so long at a time or with such dramatic crying.

I just figured that it was cause i had pms and was a bit stressed but seeing the ad/hd comes with other things i thought that might be it.

Also because when i need to, on the phone or at work, i can turn it off completely.

I think i also experience little manias too, not big ones, but i do go through stages where i get little sleep and get really chatty and stuff.

so is it possible? should i mention it to the psychiatrist when i go in a few weeks?

Matt S.
10-25-07, 08:44 AM
It is important that you share this with the doctor, we have a rather extensive amount of support in the bipolar section, we call ourselves the "Cycling Team", you are not alone and what you describe suggests bipolar, hang in there and keep in touch.

justhope
10-25-07, 05:01 PM
Mild Bipolar? Um not officially. Although depending on your age, it could be an onset. There are many spectrums of Bipolar. Ranging from severe to milder?

The Cyclothymic's...which was my initial diagnoses are a precursor to BPII, sometimes referred to as BPIII. These are "milder" symptoms of, and extremely rapid less severe cycles.

Here is the link...to review
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38526

Matt is correct, please keep a journal of your moods...and take it to the doctor. We often get distracted, especially the ADD'ers...and forget all the details, like severity, length of time....and that is often key in the meeting the criteria for diagnoses. I will tell you, I was diagnosed with ADD first. Not a mis-diagnoses, but my BPII was missed for over 12 years, and I had some really good doctors over the years.

What about your sleep cycles?

Spongedaddy
10-25-07, 08:28 PM
It is possible you have BP II. The depressive side sounds a bit more intense than mild. The thing is that a lot of times our minds will try to distract us from looking at what is really going on. It might be a good idea to go to the local bookstore and check out some of the great books there on BP. A lot of the books have huge sections about the condition as well as talking about the symptoms.

How often does this happen? "Sobbing out loud to the point where i thought i was going to throw up, mainly when i was driving in my car (i commute quite a long way to uni and my bf's house) and then i'd get somewhere and get it together and mum, or dad or a friend would be like 'are you ok?' and off i would go again. This tends to happen quite a lot but not usually for so long at a time or with such dramatic crying. "

Skully
10-25-07, 10:37 PM
Yes, journals of your moods are important. That way you have something to show your doctor. Keep track of how you feel each day and triggers that make you go up or down.