View Full Version : Need Space Coast ADD Doc. Recommendations?

clay
10-26-07, 10:24 AM
Hey all,

I need an ADD psychiatrist in the Space Coast area, preferably in Melbourne. Specifically, I would like to find a doc that's willing to write Adderall prescriptions in 90-day supplies for mail-order. It's a cost and convenience thing.

My HMO works exclusively with Circles of Care for mental health services, which has a policy against writing Schedule II prescriptions in >30-day supplies. So over the course of 3 months, Adderall costs me 3x(doc visit copay) + 3x(drug copay) = 3x$35 + 3x$10 = $135.

I just need medication management, because my original ADD doc and I already worked out the treatment that best suits me. I work a 9-5 job, and it's a pain in the butt to have to take time off every month to go see a shrink, just to get him to scribble on a piece of paper. So when a 90-day supply costs me $20 by mail-order, it would be slightly cheaper and far more convenient for me to see a doc outside of my health insurance that's willing to write a 90-day script (assuming reasonable rates for medication management-only visits).

Any recommendations?

-Clay