View Full Version : "CB" for your computer

Garry
10-26-07, 09:55 PM
I cant find the software section so I hope one of the mods will move this for me

But what is it

Its like a " CB " for your computer

A very simple " FREE " program to allow you to talk over the computer

Anybody interested in trying it out

its called

LOUDTALKS (http://www.loudtalks.com/)

Loudtalks is a free downloadable push-to-talk messaging application. It supports real time private or group voice communication in the walkie talkie style. Loudtalks is based on the peer-to-peer architecture and capable to work behind most firewalls and NATs. The software is lightweight (installer is less than 1 Mb) and unobtrusive. Normally it runs in the background and can be activated with hotkey without switching the focus or popping up the application window. The advantages of Loudtalks over existing messaging systems include speed, asynchronous style and voice messaging.

Skully
10-26-07, 10:14 PM
I don't really get how it works?

Garry
10-27-07, 05:59 AM
its like an instant message program and a phone program combined .

once it is installed on the computer you will be able to talk to anyone on your contact list

Driver
10-27-07, 07:29 AM
How is this software better than say MSN Messenger, Skype, Ventrillo or Teamspeak?

~boots~
10-27-07, 07:55 AM
LOL..remember the old CB talk

CQ CQ CQ.."any YM's out there? wanting to talk to a YL "???

LOL..yah!! God Bless the 80's

Garry
10-28-07, 06:33 AM
How is this software better than say MSN Messenger, Skype, Ventrillo or Teamspeak?I dont know as I havent tried out those other programs

It does seem to be very LIGHT on using computer resorses and thats all it does .

It doesnt have 6 different functions like MSN

Skully
10-29-07, 09:46 PM
You have to have other people on the list for it to work. It is very much like yahoo and MSN from what I saw when I downloaded it. But without all the bells and whistles to distract you.