View Full Version : Pizza Snackettes

Nucking_Futs
02-07-04, 10:43 AM
I don't know about your children but mine come home from school starving and many times bring friends this is a quick fix to hold them till supper.

1 lb. hamburger
1/2 c. Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 can tomato soup
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. oregano leaves
Toppings of choice: onions, olives, mushrooms, peppers, etc.
1 loaf french bread

Brown hamburger and drain. Combine all ingredients, except bread. Slice bread in half and lay out on a cookie sheet. Top each slice with the meat mixture and broil until cheese is melted and slightly browned. Serve hot.

Spirit
02-07-04, 10:04 PM
We make French bread pizza here all the time. But instead of tomato soup I use spaghetti sauce. Hunts is always pretty cheap and keeps well in a container in the fridge. But I'll have to keep this version handy when we are snowed in..I always have tomato soup in the pantry for grilled cheese sandwich lunch on the weekends. :D

Nucking_Futs
02-08-04, 03:42 AM
Never tried it but does sound better.

Spirit
02-08-04, 09:14 PM
Oh it is..and you can always doctor the speg sauce as well. Our favorite to use is the Italian sausage one, as buying the Italian sausage for a supreme pizza can be hard to find and a little expensive.

QueensU_girl
11-13-06, 02:24 AM
I like using 1/2 an englishmuffin for mini pizza crusts. I also like to keep veggie pepperoni slices in the freezer.

Lipz17
11-13-06, 11:46 AM
mmmmmmmm sounds good,I owned my own daycare and did lots of fun stuff with the kids.We also did this with bagels and the kids loved it.